NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

I ordered at 1403 on launch day and got a dispatch notification late yesterday, due to arrive tomorrow. So not a huge wait for me considering the massive shortages. Fingers crossed it works out for you quickly.

Oh that's good to know, thank you. I had 17:00 so I could be a few days or weeks away rather than months.

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered at 1403 on launch day and got a dispatch notification late yesterday, due to arrive tomorrow. So not a huge wait for me considering the massive shortages. Fingers crossed it works out for you quickly.
Do make sure that your 3080 is using 2 separate PCIE cables. If It was using a 1 cable with 2 6+2s on it or whatever, you'll need to plug in another separate one into your PSU and then unplug the 2nd 6+2 coming off of the 1st cable, and plug in the 2nd cable that you just plugged into the PSU. It's very important as 1 cable is not enough to handle the 3080 with stability. Hopefully they've corrected their mistakes in building, but they were only notified of it yesterday after I mentioned it and corrected it myself by plugging in another separate one from the PSU
It can look like any of the other diagrams, just not the one on the end, which is what they did for me, and i assume others could have the same issue.

Attachments

• d7Eb8p.jpg
    d7Eb8p.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Considering the shortage of standard 3080s, releasing the 20GB version in December is likely wayyyyy too close to Christmas, or so I'd have though.

What's people's view on the extra 10gb, would it make that much of a difference it's worth cancelling their current order?

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
What's people's view on the extra 10gb, would it make that much of a difference it's worth cancelling their current order?
For me, no
Playing on one 1440p monitor, i dont care enought
4k will come with next gen of gpu
Also with the shortage now, i cant even imagine around christmas....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It almost looks like Nvidia are trying to completely blur the lines between gaming and productivity (Titan).

Very strange that the GPU is exactly the same other than the vRAM.

I'm still holding out for a 3080Ti with more than a memory bump. Disappointed to see the throughput the same.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
It almost looks like Nvidia are trying to completely blur the lines between gaming and productivity (Titan).

Very strange that the GPU is exactly the same other than the vRAM.

I'm still holding out for a 3080Ti with more than a memory bump. Disappointed to see the throughput the same.
could it be some sort of "fan service" ? With professionals using the same rig for productivity and gaming ?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
could it be some sort of "fan service" ? With professionals using the same rig for productivity and gaming ?

That's exactly what I think it is, hence my blurred lines comment (sings Bruno Mars).

It's not good for gamers/consumers though, IMO, as anything deemed professional always carries a higher price tag. It will lead to exploitation of people with more money and missing out for the people with less.

Gamers have their pockets emptied enough as it is IMO.

With all that being said.... IF .....Nvidia continue with the dual memory versions to cover the gamer and the prosumer at 2 varying price points then there can be no argument. My issue will be if they ditch the low end 10GB variant (or whatever it may be in the future) and stick with the 20GB version. It adds no value to the gamer but it WILL add to the cost of the unit.

Shane

Do make sure that your 3080 is using 2 separate PCIE cables. If It was using a 1 cable with 2 6+2s on it or whatever, you'll need to plug in another separate one into your PSU and then unplug the 2nd 6+2 coming off of the 1st cable, and plug in the 2nd cable that you just plugged into the PSU. It's very important as 1 cable is not enough to handle the 3080 with stability. Hopefully they've corrected their mistakes in building, but they were only notified of it yesterday after I mentioned it and corrected it myself by plugging in another separate one from the PSU
It can look like any of the other diagrams, just not the one on the end, which is what they did for me, and i assume others could have the same issue.
Thanks. That was useful. I only had the one cable connected. Now I have two. Wow, that was fiddly. There's a reason I don't build my own. :)

Its a shame this wasn't in place before the build with all the public messaging about the power draw of the cards.

Appreciate your thoughts, Alex.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks. That was useful. I only had the one cable connected. Now I have two. Wow, that was fiddly. There's a reason I don't build my own. :)

Its a shame this wasn't in place before the build with all the public messaging about the power draw of the cards.

Appreciate your thoughts, Alex.

I would let PCS know via email as this shows that it isn't an isolated incident. PCS should hopefully be able to go through their records and contact the customers who have purchased such a setup to check if the cabling is in fact in correctly.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
That's exactly what I think it is, hence my blurred lines comment (sings Bruno Mars).

It's not good for gamers/consumers though, IMO, as anything deemed professional always carries a higher price tag. It will lead to exploitation of people with more money and missing out for the people with less.

Gamers have their pockets emptied enough as it is IMO.

With all that being said.... IF .....Nvidia continue with the dual memory versions to cover the gamer and the prosumer at 2 varying price points then there can be no argument. My issue will be if they ditch the low end 10GB variant (or whatever it may be in the future) and stick with the 20GB version. It adds no value to the gamer but it WILL add to the cost of the unit.
Isn't blurred lines a Robin Thicke song? ;)

D

Deleted member 103489

Well just got of the phone with pcs, they told me because we are still awaiting confirmation of the asus rog strix 3090 it would be best for me to switch to none strix card.

Told him would the wait time be worth this card and they just don’t know, asus have not giving them any information on stock and did say this could probably go into next year at the latest.

they did put me on hold for 10 minutes to confirm this.

So I am now going for whatever 3090 card they have and they told me the build should be done for end of the week.

The rog strix is a cool card and all but it’s just not worth waiting for at this moment in time

I can always think about changing this card for next year though

D

Deleted member 103489

For anyone who is willing to do the extra wait time for the rog 3090, hopefully asus does confirm stock to pcs very soon.

D

Deleted member 103489

Yeah pcs said stock was suppose to be in for rog 3080, but asus just not giving them notice with their dates and delaying it every week.. Seems all rather nightmare for those who have ordered over other sites and not just pcs for these cards. Hopefully the stock for them come in gradually for next week.

Keeping fingers crossed for those who have ordered the rog 3080 get this very soon.