NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

VlaIsa

Just received this - The previous estimated date was the 16th. Seems like good news, at least for the Rog Strix 3090 people.

1602250819820.png

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
Here are my numbers:
Processed Date17-09-2020
Pre-Production Date18-09-2020

But while I did order on the 17th, it was quite late (processed time claims 22:42), so there are likely still plenty of orders ahead of me. I tried to question them a bit last week, but best I got is that my order is relatively high in the queue because I ordered on the release date, but they weren't able to tell whether I'd be covered by the next batch they receive as they don't know the quantity. I hope I'll get to see my PC before November, but we'll see.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Here are my numbers:
Processed Date17-09-2020
Pre-Production Date18-09-2020

But while I did order on the 17th, it was quite late (processed time claims 22:42), so there are likely still plenty of orders ahead of me. I tried to question them a bit last week, but best I got is that my order is relatively high in the queue because I ordered on the release date, but they weren't able to tell whether I'd be covered by the next batch they receive as they don't know the quantity. I hope I'll get to see my PC before November, but we'll see.
i called them yesterday.
I got an email on monday with an eta on thursday (yesterday).
They confirmed yesterday that my order (17th as well) would be built during this very day.
well... it's still not in building and when i contacted again i got a completly different answer... but i guess we can expect it before november ;)

Shane

The lower pic into the GPU. If that's how the cable is currently sitting I would go back in and fix it. The left hand side of the lower picture shows that the plug isn't in correctly. The little notch goes into the side of the 6 pin plug to hold it level. As it is right now it's basically hardly connected (if at all). You will get no end of issues if you leave it like this.

You can see the right hand plug shows the 6+2 pin flush.
Yep, I saw that when I posted the photo (not obvious from above), and pushed it in. Just didn’t take another photo.

Thank you, though.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
You should also have been told to ignore all the automated emails giving you build dates. Your best bet is to speak to someone either via email or the live chat. I did the latter and found it much more helpful.
i didnt precise but i contacted by phone, and the advisor confirmed the build date announced in the email.
Next day, nothing new so phone again, and i was given a completely different eta (talking about unknown eta, possibly weeks).

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
i didnt precise but i contacted by phone, and the advisor confirmed the build date announced in the email.
Next day, nothing new so phone again, and i was given a completely different eta (talking about unknown eta, possibly weeks).
Going by my own experience, and what I've read from others on this forum, the first advisor was probably wrong to confirm that.

soupy

Anybody know if stock is reserved for your order at the time you place it, or if it's possible for other parts to go out-of-stock while waiting for the 3080 to arrive?

My order was processed at 14:08 on the 17th, but not heard anything yet... if I put the same build into the system configurator now, the PSU I specified (which was in stock at the time) is showing as out of stock until November 11th. Is it possible I'm going to miss out on a spot for a 3080 because that one other part has now gone out of stock?! If so that would be rather frustrating (especially since full payment is taken at the time of order!)

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Anybody know if stock is reserved for your order at the time you place it, or if it's possible for other parts to go out-of-stock while waiting for the 3080 to arrive?

My order was processed at 14:08 on the 17th, but not heard anything yet... if I put the same build into the system configurator now, the PSU I specified (which was in stock at the time) is showing as out of stock until November 11th. Is it possible I'm going to miss out on a spot for a 3080 because that one other part has now gone out of stock?! If so that would be rather frustrating (especially since full payment is taken at the time of order!)

I might be wrong but I don't think it nessacerily means its out of stock.
Some items in the configurator will not allow you to select them when first ordering.
However if you have an order before it will let you change the item that says its out of stock.

This could either be a bug. Or that they have actually accounted for stock (aware that people may change their order) and the lil that is left over is a contingency for those amending their builds.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Out of interest dud anyone else stop getting automated emails? The last one I recieved was 21st sep aside from the one that everyone got about ignoring automated emails.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Out of interest dud anyone else stop getting automated emails? The last one I recieved was 21st sep aside from the one that everyone got about ignoring automated emails.
I still receive the automated emails every five days(usually monday and friday) with the second email asking to disregard.

i was also wondering for the PSU cause i picked the corsair gold 1000w and the eta for this part is 17th of october, but was available when i ordered. (It s just curiosity at this point, i think the 3080 wont be available for me before that date, i ordered at 17:30)

soupy

I'm in the same boat as you @sebinou , I ordered my build with the 1000W Corsair which was showing as in stock at the time. But now if I try to build the same again from scratch I see this (attached).

That's why I'm wondering whether "in stock" stock is actually physically allocated when you buy, or whether it can go to other builds which aren't blocked by a 3080...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 09.15.56 2.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 09.15.56 2.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 166

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I still receive the automated emails every five days(usually monday and friday) with the second email asking to disregard.

i was also wondering for the PSU cause i picked the corsair gold 1000w and the eta for this part is 17th of october, but was available when i ordered. (It s just curiosity at this point, i think the 3080 wont be available for me before that date, i ordered at 17:30)
As I said I could be entirely wrong. However its strange it would let you change to items on your oder and not as a first time buyer.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Unless you get a reply from someone who actually works for PCS any replies you get are going to be supposition - because outside of PCS nobody knows for sure. Calling PCS (or using Live Chat) is the only way to get an authoritative answer to questions like this. It's important to bear in mind of course that (AFAIK) most PCS staff are still working from home and thus don't have their fingers quite on the pulse the way they usually do.

I would caution everyone to be wary of basing your expectations, or worse, changing your order, based on information provided by well-meaning members on here. One size does not fit all and what holds for one doesn't necessarily hold for everyone. Information posted here should be treated with caution, or at best as guidance, even though it's posted in good faith. :)

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Also I did the same as you two did with the psu on my actual order around 4 days ago. I recieved no message of it being out of stock. But had the 980 m.2 highlight with an orange dot. Checked the configurator as a first time buyer and it then would not let me select them.

Best thing to do is ask PCS directly.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Unless you get a reply from someone who actually works for PCS any replies you get are going to be supposition - because outside of PCS nobody knows for sure. Calling PCS (or using Live Chat) is the only way to get an authoritative answer to questions like this. It's important to bear in mind of course that (AFAIK) most PCS staff are still working from home and thus don't have their fingers quite on the pulse the way they usually do.

I would caution everyone to be wary of basing your expectations, or worse, changing your order, based on information provided by well-meaning members on here. One size does not fit all and what holds for one doesn't necessarily hold for everyone. Information posted here should be treated with caution, or at best as guidance, even though it's posted in good faith. :)

Thing is you can get two completely different responses from talking to two different operators. So doesn't mean he's nessacerily going to get the correct answer either.

Begs the question does even anyone know at this actual point.