NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thing is you can get two completely different responses from talking to two different operators. So doesn't mean he's nessacerily going to get the correct answer either.
I understand that, and I appreciate how unhelpful that is, but it also makes information supplied by non-PCS people on here even more suspect. If PCS can't tell you it's certain that nobody on here can either.

It's important that we avoid speculation in the absence of reliable information. Rumours and gossip have a way of creating a life of their own and we want to avoid less aware people basing their decisions (and their money) on rumour and gossip.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I understand that, and I appreciate how unhelpful that is, but it also makes information supplied by non-PCS people on here even more suspect. If PCS can't tell you it's certain that nobody on here can either.

It's important that we avoid speculation in the absence of reliable information. Rumours and gossip have a way of creating a life of their own and we want to avoid less aware people basing their decisions (and their money) on rumour and gossip.
If your referring to my post. I state at the beginning that I could be wrong and that it also could be a bug in the system.
It was neither a rumor or gossip.Speculation yes, but not rumor or gossip no.

Last edited:

GarCul

I rang them about this last Monday because I had order the 1000W PSU and its not available till the 11th of Nov now on the configurator. Originally I asked about the 3080 and a batch of 3080's are on the way and they'd be 3 to 5 weeks away, 2 to 4 as of tomorrow so when hearing that it kinda diluted my question regarding the PSU but I did say because I'd deliberately over spec'd my system that if 3080's came in, in the meantime and hypothetically one had been assigned to my build and the PSU wasn't available would the order be bypassed in favour of the next order that could be completed. I said if that was the case would I be contacted cause I could drop the PSU to an 850W as I was only future proofing the system by going for the 1000W. I was assured that I would be but also not to be concerned as it reporting being out of stock doesn't necessarily mean out of stock and they get them in all the time and there were issues in the past regarding PSUs hence the out of stock. I really don't know what he meant by that and as the week had gone on Im kinda asking myself what the hell did I ask :ROFLMAO:. He saw my order and did say that that it had been passed along the line so I kind of got the impression it was just the 3080 I was waiting for and any proper email, disregarding the automated mail said it was the 3080 holding me up. Last automated mail I got was yesterday was saying Monday is the day, 2 weeks ago I would have been excited by that, now I just smile and deleted. As on Monday lunchtime passed I was 229 in the queue having ordered at at 14.06. I reckon they'll contact you and your PSU has already been assigned but I could be wrong and I would call as people seem to be getting different reports from different agents.

soupy

Thanks @GarCul good to hear from someone with the same issue. If I have time tomorrow I might jump on the live chat and ask them the same question, I'll post here if I hear anything different to what you got.

On an aside, it's slightly insane how many people put through orders in the first few minutes of availability :D good to hear from someone who is ahead of me (by 2 minutes)

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
This seems to have turned into another lead time thread so unsure if this is the right place, but anyone got any views on the apparent issues with the 3080 cards?

I’ve read the Igors lab post, of which I only understood about 50%, however I gather there is a rumour that the configurations of some of the third party cards are causing crashes. I’m aware nvidia have released a patch but they seem quiet on the underlying issue.

I’m still quite new to all of this, but any merit in holding off upgrading until said issues are dealt with?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Regarding the PSU stock, I would think when you ordered it, if it was in stock at the time then you will have been allocated one, if its out of stock now, doesn't mean your order now wont have it, just means anyone ordering now wont be able to select it as its out of stock.

When I first place my order they didnt have the 850 or 1000W CPU's so I selected the 750. Since then I have amended my order as the 850w was back in stock.
Anything now that is not in stock will just be for new orders, they wont be taking parts from one person's order to make up another, if they were then the 1000W PSU wouldnt show out of stock now.

this is just a thought. overclockers have a page like this....https://www.overclockers.co.uk/news...ular-updates-on-deliveries-and-stock-559.html which is nice to see daily info. maybe pcs could as well.

i am still more than happy with all the customerr services that i have been given, this is just an observation thats all.

I don't want to sound like a troll but that page of updates by OC is a bit useless. What does "small amount" mean? Small amount appears in every update. Is it tens or is it hundreds and does it matter unless you know where you are in the queue for a 3x card and a build or both. I agree it would be good to have a page with an official message.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
hey guys,
Contacted the support via chat this morning.
To inform those who were wondering as well :
Even if a part appears out of stock now, if it was in stock when you ordered, this part is allocated to your order so it wont affect you.
(im not a native english speaker, i hope it's still clear).

Gavras

Master Poster
I don't want to sound like a troll but that page of updates by OC is a bit useless. What does "small amount" mean? Small amount appears in every update. Is it tens or is it hundreds and does it matter unless you know where you are in the queue for a 3x card and a build or both. I agree it would be good to have a page with an official message.
It’s not trolling, the page is pretty useless other than for saying the obvious.

quite a few companies (various products put stuff up like that).

it just makes it sound like they have some control.

Unless things like order numbers, actual amounts are shown, even saying we received 100 cards is pointless if that is for 10,000 orders.

There is also a bit of hype coming in to the shortage thing.

Pretty much every PC builder and parts outlet is in the same position.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This whole thread is a perfect lesson in the difference between a visible and an invisible queue.

A visible queue is like a queue at the Post Office, everyone can see where they are in the queue and how fast the queue is moving - and 'the other queue always moves faster' of course. Everyone in the queue accepts the queue and are happy to abide by the unwritten 'rules' of queuing. Visible queues often form naturally without any form of external influence or guidance and everyone instinctively knows the 'rules'.

An invisible queue is like waiting on a call centre call where there is no information other than a rather tinny piece of (supposedly) calming music. Invisible queues are deeply frustrating because of the lack of any information at all about your location or the speed of the queue. Even those systems that tell you what number you are in the queue don't help much because you don't know how fast the queue is moving. Nobody likes invisible queues, they don't form naturally and people will take any advantage if they think it improves their position in the queue.

What's even worse with this 3080 issue is that there are two invisible queues; the PCS build queue that you're in and the supplier queue that PCS is in. Not only do you have no information about the PCS build queue but you also have no information about the supplier queue on which the PCS build queue depends!

It's interesting how some people are attempting to find their relative position in the queue in this thread. There are several 'you ordered just before me' posts, but just as with call centre queues above, not knowing how fast the queue is moving is the killer.

It's no wonder everyone is frustrated and desperate for any information that helps to make these queues visible. That's what the Overclockers page was attempting to do - provide some visibility - but I suspect all that does is increase the desire for even more visibility (hence the perfectly reasonable comment from @OliverCross230 above).

I know it doesn't help one jot to state the obvious that it will take as long as it takes - and I also know that's about the worst thing you can say to people in an invisible queue. Sorry. :oops:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This whole thread is a perfect lesson in the difference between a visible and an invisible queue.

A visible queue is like a queue at the Post Office, everyone can see where they are in the queue and how fast the queue is moving - and 'the other queue always moves faster' of course. Everyone in the queue accepts the queue and are happy to abide by the unwritten 'rules' of queuing. Visible queues often form naturally without any form of external influence or guidance and everyone instinctively knows the 'rules'.

An invisible queue is like waiting on a call centre call where there is no information other than a rather tinny piece of (supposedly) calming music. Invisible queues are deeply frustrating because of the lack of any information at all about your location or the speed of the queue. Even those systems that tell you what number you are in the queue don't help much because you don't know how fast the queue is moving. Nobody likes invisible queues, they don't form naturally and people will take any advantage if they think it improves their position in the queue.

What's even worse with this 3080 issue is that there are two invisible queues; the PCS build queue that you're in and the supplier queue that PCS is in. Not only do you have no information about the PCS build queue but you also have no information about the supplier queue on which the PCS build queue depends!

It's interesting how some people are attempting to find their relative position in the queue in this thread. There are several 'you ordered just before me' posts, but just as with call centre queues above, not knowing how fast the queue is moving is the killer.

It's no wonder everyone is frustrated and desperate for any information that helps to make these queues visible. That's what the Overclockers page was attempting to do - provide some visibility - but I suspect all that does is increase the desire for even more visibility (hence the perfectly reasonable comment from @OliverCross230 above).

I know it doesn't help one jot to state the obvious that it will take as long as it takes - and I also know that's about the worst thing you can say to people in an invisible queue. Sorry. :oops:
Very well put

Steve_Kay

Just so you're all aware, I ordered at 14:07 on launch day and I've just received the below. I had an email on Saturday stating my build date was today which turned out to be accurate.

Attachments

• 20201012_114757.jpg
    20201012_114757.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 251

GarCul

Just so you're all aware, I ordered at 14:07 on launch day and I've just received the below. I had an email on Saturday stating my build date was today which turned out to be accurate.
Got the same email Sat and ordered 1 min before you on the same day. Still nada

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
ROG for me and ordered before also - so likely the delay
info from chat support : They is less demand for ROG strix so apparently order are treated faster. (info given when i asked if it would be worth it to amment order from reg 3080 to stric >> it's not for me as it reinitialize your place in the queue, obviously)