RTX 3080

btmi

haha good to see the context shared in this thread, i just ordered my build yesterday. but am assuming i won't get it until jan/feb anyway...

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
As per them on Monday, everything was in stock.

I am on the queue right now about this, as this potentially means their queue system in completely botched. And I am not happy.

I am 100% fine with waiting for my turn.
But now, this is getting hilarious.
If for any reason later orders are being fulfilled first, it means their handling is downright appalling.
Now one may say, it is just 10 mins difference mate, yeah well not if those 10 mins mean a couple more weeks (if not longer, if their queue is all over the place). Money was paid at that time, when I go to grab an ice cream, if I am ahead I do expect to be served before the people that arrived a couple of mins later.

I sure hope that this is all a delay on their side to update my order status.

Hopefully the fact you've called them and spoken to them will push your order along?
Your experience does remind me of this video though...

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Hopefully the fact you've called them and spoken to them will push your order along?
Your experience does remind me of this video though...
every online retailer right now sadly...
But PCS is like > im gonna do that tomorrow first thing ! But if you upgrade it's gonna be even faster. we still dont know when, or for sure... but it might definitly be faster... maybe :xD

kozuki

Enthusiast
This is the ultimate patience training. PCS is in the process of changing my system from intel to AMD now, then I'll be set on my final choices and the waiting game continues. Maybe after so much time, we will be even happier when we finally get the rigs

kozuki

Enthusiast
Nah mate, PCS is an investment.
In a few month time, when you need money, you cancel your order and BAM ! 4K back on the account ! :D
I wish haha, in holiday season my current laptop will have to suffocate under the workloads, so this system will be the savior of my work life and hobby life

Agitharon

Well had a long talk.

At first, there was quite a lot of *we do not know* and *forums lying*.

But I insisted a lot, using my ice cream example too.

In the end, they called the build dept and called me back a bit later (I know crazy, speaking to PCS without a queue felt weird).

The tone was then very different, and instead of stating stuff like we do not know, was more apologetic, in the lines of *yes, it would make sense to be upset if people ordering later get it first, and we are sorry*.
Also, there were orders from the 16th too(a lot of people abused this btw, confirmed). People that started a system and upgraded the card later, which were 1st in the line. They are still doing the 17th, and TRYING to do it in order.
But examples like mine do happen.
They confirmed, no components were missing or anything else, just cards allocated to different orders later on, possibly mix-up.
I said, it is ok for this time. But last time it will be okay :)

Tbh I do not mind waiting. But I do hate the feeling of not having my respect. If I ordered at X time, I expect X place. Not cause I am in a rush. Cause it is respect.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Well had a long talk.

In the end, they called the build dept and called me back a bit later (I know crazy, speaking to PCS without a queue felt weird).

The tone was then very different, and instead of stating stuff like we do not know, was more apologetic, in the lines of *yes, it would make sense to be upset if people ordering later get it first, and we are sorry*.
Also, there were orders from the 16th too(a lot of people abused this btw, confirmed). People that started a system and upgraded the card later, which were 1st in the line. They are still doing the 17th, and TRYING to do it in order.
They confirmed, no components were missing or anything else, just cards allocated to different orders later on, possibly mix-up.

Tbh I do not mind waiting. But I do hate the feeling of not having my respect. If I ordered at X time, I expect X place. Not cause I am in a rush. Cause it is respect.
Yeah, mistakes can happen. I'm glad you've had the reassurance that you wanted.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Also, there were orders from the 16th too(a lot of people abused this btw, confirmed). People that started a system and upgraded the card later, which were 1st in the line.

That's not abuse of the system, that's standard practice and total baloney. Nothing was ordered on the 16th as the card hadn't even launched so it would be impossible for anyone to order on the 16th.
Upgrading your order is still subject to the same restrictions as everyone else, if I had a pending order with PCS and decided to upgrade my PC now with a 3080 does that mean I'm ahead of people who ordered say yesterday? Of course not. :confused:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well had a long talk.

You talk about respect but you show no respect yourself. It would appear that PCS made a mistake and (according to you) apoligised for their mistake. Where did PCS disrespect you? I sure hope you never make a mistake.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Im not even waiting for a PC, im just waiting for the card, all they nee dto do is put in a box with my address on, no building, no checking, no QA.
When did you order?

And has anyone that's in build chosen the 5900X Cpu?

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I don't think you could be in build if you chose that CPU, it only came out yesterday?
Apparently they had some stock so it must have been assigned to somebody
If what Agi was saying is true then someone waiting on a 3080 since September 17th amending their order at 2pm yesterday would take precedence over mine as they have been pending longer.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Apparently they had some stock so it must have been assigned to somebody
If what Agi was saying is true then someone waiting on a 3080 since September 17th amending their order at 2pm yesterday would take precedence over mine as they have been pending longer.
Yeah that sounds about accurate.
Yet if you contact them they will probably tell you that they dont know ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Following up on this, my PC has gone through building and testing today and is now awaiting dispatch.

The process flies along once you get out of that initial stage.
Congrats to all you that have made it to the final stages. It is happening and of course some people are going to fall through the cracks, all you can do is be patient and call up as a last resort.