The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
12 days Pre-production iirc.
Thats a bit worrying - I’ve been waiting longer so I would’ve thought I’d have mine built before you. It may be because I swapped to the 5600X, too. I wont think too much of it - enjoy your build🙂

Riggus

It might be! I've went for the 3700x so you might be right!
Everything will work out, I hope its not too long! :)

smthck

My PC has gone into the building stage today! As soon as I got the email to switch to the RTX 3060 I just had to do it, I couldn't wait any longer. I hope the fact single ThermalTake fans aren't in-stock atm doesn't slow me down, after waiting so long that'll be annoying.

I presume the fact it is in the build stage means they have all the parts to build it?

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
My PC has gone into the building stage today! As soon as I got the email to switch to the RTX 3060 I just had to do it, I couldn't wait any longer. I hope the fact single ThermalTake fans aren't in-stock atm doesn't slow me down, after waiting so long that'll be annoying.

I presume the fact it is in the build stage means they have all the parts to build it?
Congrats! What CPU did you go for to pair with it? And yes, building means they’re currently putting the PC together. Next will be testing then awaiting dispatch if test results are positive and then dispatched to you

smthck

Congrats! What CPU did you go for to pair with it? And yes, building means they’re currently putting the PC together. Next will be testing then awaiting dispatch if test results are positive and then dispatched to you
I used the additional money from switching GPU to get the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X as I do a few other things alongside gaming. :)

PVRIS_97

Hey all.

I'm on day 5 of my 10700k 3060 ti build. Seeing all your wait times makes me think this will be a long process...

I hope for those with 30 plus days that your 'in build' status comes soon. Much love and I know this forum will be my home for the next few weeks/months.

SteMcKay

Been lurking for over 2 weeks now.

Day 10 pre production here.

5600x and 3060ti

Have zero knowledge about PC's and tried my best for over 2 weeks to learn as my lad wanted one.

Thankfully the community on here helped me out and I got what I needed for my lad.

He traded his new Xbox Series X console he got at xmas for my Xbox One X and a gaming PC. (Yeah I know I got the worse part of the deal with a new £1500 PC and my old xbox haha)

I had been trying to get myself the new Xbox since they launched but only got the 1 for my lad. Thankfully the swap happened as soon as I bought him the PC!!

Just him waiting on the PC now. He was tempted to drop down to the 3060 but seeing others saying it's a downgrade I convinced him to wait it out for the sake of saving less than £50

Hopefully though as I've seen, others have been swapping out so we should all be moving up the queue now.

smthck

Been lurking for over 2 weeks now.

Day 10 pre production here.

5600x and 3060ti

Have zero knowledge about PC's and tried my best for over 2 weeks to learn as my lad wanted one.

Thankfully the community on here helped me out and I got what I needed for my lad.

He traded his new Xbox Series X console he got at xmas for my Xbox One X and a gaming PC. (Yeah I know I got the worse part of the deal with a new £1500 PC and my old xbox haha)

I had been trying to get myself the new Xbox since they launched but only got the 1 for my lad. Thankfully the swap happened as soon as I bought him the PC!!

Just him waiting on the PC now. He was tempted to drop down to the 3060 but seeing others saying it's a downgrade I convinced him to wait it out for the sake of saving less than £50

Hopefully though as I've seen, others have been swapping out so we should all be moving up the queue now.
Fair enough. I switched cos I was sick of waiting xD

SteMcKay

Fair enough. I switched cos I was sick of waiting xD
How long was you in pre production?

In all honesty I'm a complete newbie with PC's

I have no idea if I swapped out it would work on the specs the guys on here came up with for me.

So knowing it was a downgrade plus running scared I might mess things up by swapping, I convinced my lad to keep what we bought and the experts on here came up with haha

Otone

Gold Level Poster
How long was you in pre production?

In all honesty I'm a complete newbie with PC's

I have no idea if I swapped out it would work on the specs the guys on here came up with for me.

So knowing it was a downgrade plus running scared I might mess things up by swapping, I convinced my lad to keep what we bought and the experts on here came up with haha
What resolution are you playing for game?

SteMcKay

What resolution are you playing for game?
The lad bought his own monitor from his xmas money seeing as I bought the PC

He got the Samsung G5 as recommended by his budget and to match the PC build.

• 27in LED display.
  • Curved.
  • Resolution 2560 x 1440 pixels.
  • 144Hz refresh rate.
  • 1 ms response time.
  • Brightness 250cd/m2.
  • Suitable for wall mounting.
  • VESA mount 75 x 75mm.

Otone

Gold Level Poster

• 27in LED display.
  • Curved.
  • 144Hz refresh rate.
  • 1 ms response time.
  • Brightness 250cd/m2.
  • VESA mount 75 x 75mm.
I'd probably stick with the 3060ti and wait. The 5600x is probably not as long wait as mine for eg. (5900x 3060ti 39 working days pre production)

Olayaolu

• 27in LED display.
  • Curved.
  • 144Hz refresh rate.
  • 1 ms response time.
  • Brightness 250cd/m2.
  • VESA mount 75 x 75mm.
I think you made the right choice sticking with the rtx 3060 ti for a 1440p 144hz monitor. The rtx 3060 ti seems to do well at that resolution and maintaining high frame rate, whereas the rtx 3060 would struggle with newer games even though it has more vram.

SteMcKay

I'd probably stick with the 3060ti and wait. The 5600x is probably not as long wait as mine for eg. (5900x 3060ti 39 working days pre production)
Yeah fingers crossed a fair few have got tired of waiting and swapped out, plus now Chinese New Year out the way then production on the graphics cards and shipments should start coming in even if slowly, should get there hopefully soon enough

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
Seconds have turned to minutes. Minutes into hours and hours into days. I no longer get excited for the weekend as that means the working days will not progress. I was but a wee boy when I started this journey and but now? Now I am a man. The 3060ti is on the horizon but I am but an armless turtle crawling toward freedom. ‘Good things come to those who wait’ I keep telling myself, as my sanity depletes further and further. My primal instincts to check the order status have gotten to the best of me and I no longer know night or day. It is like entering the gravity of a black hole and being slowly but surely sucked into it’s horizon. Your spaghettified body and mind, praying that the end is in sight. My day will come, I will finally be at rest. 💀