The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

alexking

The exact motherboard I've got is the "ASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!". So if you've got the same and want to get shipped very soon maybe worth amending?

I'm changing it out now, hoping if I swap out the motherboard to one that is in stock, and get the 3060 Ti swapped to the 6700 XT that I might actually get into build within the next week or so. Crazy that since I ordered the PC almost 8 weeks ago I've now changed the CPU, GPU and Motherboard XD
I've got the same motherboard but didn't get that email 😮 I'm just gonna hold out hope that means they've got one aside for me rather than needing to wait much longer.

And yeah since my original order on Boxing Day I've now changed my CPU, GPU, Mobo, RAM, and Case. I'm just gonna consider my long wait punishment for my indecisiveness 😅

OliverBarnes742

I just requested to swap to the 6700 XT. For the same price as the 3060 TI it looks pretty good. Anyone also considering doing the same free amendment?

Would have upgraded to the 3070 but they want an extra £239.00 to upgrade from the 3060 Ti :(
I've gone for the same move, seems like a no-brainer seeing as they're offering to cover the difference 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've got the same motherboard but didn't get that email 😮 I'm just gonna hold out hope that means they've got one aside for me rather than needing to wait much longer.

And yeah since my original order on Boxing Day I've now changed my CPU, GPU, Mobo, RAM, and Case. I'm just gonna consider my long wait punishment for my indecisiveness 😅

The email I got about the motherboard was in reply to an email I sent them asking about stock levels, so not a wide spread email like the others. Since the person who said about the motherboard being out of stock didn't have any idea about the 3060 Ti shortage I'm not sure how accurate their knowledge of the stock levels is. Going to hold out until after I get confirmation of the swap to 6700 XT before changing mobo.

And wow is there anything you've kept the same on the PC? Sounds like it's going to be very different when it arrives compared to when you ordered it lol

rb6k

The exact motherboard I've got is the "ASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!". So if you've got the same and want to get shipped very soon maybe worth amending?

I'm changing it out now, hoping if I swap out the motherboard to one that is in stock, and get the 3060 Ti swapped to the 6700 XT that I might actually get into build within the next week or so. Crazy that since I ordered the PC almost 8 weeks ago I've now changed the CPU, GPU and Motherboard XD
Hmm no

ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WiFi (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!

I guess I wait and see what they say?! I wish there was a more transparent queue that said I’m number X in the list and so forth.

arapanah

They also used to say the same about the 3070 a while ago and how they have ‘similar waiting times’ but now everyone’s going into building so i think this new gpu shortage issue will eventually get back to normal

Martyman

OK - bit the bullet and switched to the 3070. Lets see how long this takes.

(BTW - not to be too cynical, but with 3060ti prices rising, and PCS having to honour the original price from when we ordered, it certainly benefits them to get us switching :confused: )

This just confirms that lots of people at PCS don't have accurate stock readings.

1617202266849.png

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
This is crazy! After I got the email saying I should swap away from the 3060 TI (the same as ALEXKING) I got this email:

View attachment 24361

It looks like half the company say the 3060 Ti and 3070 have the same wait, and the other half say they are months apart!
This is the conflicting information I got as well, 2 weeks ago. I was told there is no difference in waiting time between the 3060 ti I selected and the 3070 so I decided to keep with the 3060 ti. Then I read half a dozen members who were similar in waiting time to me getting building and dispatched notifications because they had switched to 3070s. The customer service from PCS is really not what I expect. I fully appreciate the difficulties in this current situation but when some staff say one thing and some say the opposite, that's frustrating!

Martyman

This is the conflicting information I got as well, 2 weeks ago. I was told there is no difference in waiting time between the 3060 ti I selected and the 3070 so I decided to keep with the 3060 ti. Then I read half a dozen members who were similar in waiting time to me getting building and dispatched notifications because they had switched to 3070s. The customer service from PCS is really not what I expect. I fully appreciate the difficulties in this current situation but when some staff say one thing and some say the opposite, that's frustrating!
Yeah - that's been the main problem. I had contacted them to ask about switching to 3070, and was told this ...
1617206206576.png

I think most of us here are savvy enough, and aware of the the availability issues. It's the conflicting messaging that's the problem.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Yeah - that's been the main problem. I had contacted them to ask about switching to 3070, and was told this ... View attachment 24363

I think most of us here are savvy enough, and aware of the the availability issues. It's the conflicting messaging that's the problem.

That's probably not a huge surprise though. As the email that was posted mentioned, they have genuinely no idea when these supplies will arrive. They may be getting told dates and in fact the suppliers never meet these deadlines or don't supply enough to cover off what was needed.

Similarly they probably don't want to promise you that switching to the 3070 will put you into build after 2-3 days like it has done for others. It's so unpredictable given the amount of orders vs the grey areas over deliveries.

It's fairly clear either way that the Ti is in a bit of trouble and that if possible you should probably switch out to something else given that it's likely you'll be waiting quite a while.

Martyman

That's probably not a huge surprise though. As the email that was posted mentioned, they have genuinely no idea when these supplies will arrive. They may be getting told dates and in fact the suppliers never meet these deadlines or don't supply enough to cover off what was needed.

Similarly they probably don't want to promise you that switching to the 3070 will put you into build after 2-3 days like it has done for others. It's so unpredictable given the amount of orders vs the grey areas over deliveries.

It's fairly clear either way that the Ti is in a bit of trouble and that if possible you should probably switch out to something else given that it's likely you'll be waiting quite a while.
Again ... that isn't the issue. I'm not talking about getting dates of stock. Just when they say "3070s are in the same boat as 3060tis. Stock issues are just as bad. No point in swapping". Then each day for the next week, people on this forum are telling us that they swapped to 3070 and gone into build within a day. THAT has nothing to do with guesswork of when stocks are coming in. That's all about the stocks they currently have and the customer advisers being properly informed.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
Again ... that isn't the issue. I'm not talking about getting dates of stock. Just when they say "3070s are in the same boat as 3060tis. Stock issues are just as bad. No point in swapping". Then each day for the next week, people on this forum are telling us that they swapped to 3070 and gone into build within a day. THAT has nothing to do with guesswork of when stocks are coming in. That's all about the stocks they currently have and the customer advisers being properly informed.
Exactly. It's very frustrating.