4k buyers remorse / performance issues

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am unsure if this would appear in the logs honestly

Basically every game has horrendously bad draw distance / lod - object pop in. If you have played pokemon scarlet or pokemon arcues, or that new king kong game, thats the level of bad lol but in pc games at max settings

The games ive tried

Hitman 3
Warhammer 3
Wow
Overwatch
Resident evil 4 remake
Resident evil 5
Rachet and clank rift apart
Spiderman , the one that came out on pc recently
Baulders gate 3

And a few others i cannot think of right now. Thing is, i know it doesn't affect the actual playing of the game but once im playing the game, its all i can see and think about then i just get sad and don't want to play anymore.

Since pcs has replaced all my parts i am completely bamboozled.

I was so sure it was a faulty part or something...

Just a few examples that i have, had about 20 more at one point but stupidity didn't back them up before reinstalling windows at some point lol sadly nvidia record seems to destroy the quality of the video so some are hard to see.

The most egregious ones for me are the baulders gate and resident evil and fallout ones

I did a playthough on fallout and resident evil 5 about two weeks before getting the new pc so i know i had non of these issues with the old system.

Wow is probably the worst offender, objects and npcs loading in 5 meters from me at max draw distance lol

Ive tried different screens, dif mouses dif plugs, dif rooms, ive tried 100s of "fixes" ive even tried nvidia support and their hotfixes but nada.
I take it this is on a clean windows installation since the pc has been rebuilt?

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
I take it this is on a clean windows installation since the pc has been rebuilt?
According to pcs, they have replaced the ssds and m2drives so i assume its a complete fresh install

Also just by my own testing i had reinstalled about 5 times in total and even tried win 11 but still no luck

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Currently? Yes i do

Previously i have tried windows installs without it but didn't seem to make much change
Are you running any stream captures while gaming or any other apps?

It's either a software setting in the game or the geforce settings that is limiting LOD

Or it's something gobbling up VRAM

But it's got to be a software issue, something isn't right on your windows install

Can you run the following in an elevated cmd window?

wmic product get name, version > c:\programs.txt

Then upload that text file from the root of the c drive

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Are you running any stream captures while gaming or any other apps?

It's either a software setting in the game or the geforce settings that is limiting LOD

Or it's something gobbling up VRAM

But it's got to be a software issue, something isn't right on your windows install

Can you run the following in an elevated cmd window?

wmic product get name, version > c:\programs.txt

Then upload that text file from the root of the c drive

Let me know if the link doesnt work

Nope nothing like that. i feel like ive tried every control panel setting as well to try and fix

i would be impressed if something was using all 24gb of vram honestly :eek:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Let me know if the link doesnt work

Nope nothing like that. i feel like ive tried every control panel setting as well to try and fix

i would be impressed if something was using all 24gb of vram honestly :eek:
I would uninstall Armoury Crate, you have to use the official uninstaller:

You may need to disable it in the BIOS to prevent it automatically reinstalling

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
I would uninstall Armoury Crate, you have to use the official uninstaller:

You may need to disable it in the BIOS to prevent it automatically reinstalling

Yeah i saw on the list and i was like, not you again! Lol

I normally disable /uninstall that but forgot this time round

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah i saw on the list and i was like, not you again! Lol

I normally disable /uninstall that but forgot this time round
It's really easily done, I don't think these BIOS setting automatically installing manufacturer bloatware should be allowed, I sincerely hope that's made illegal in the future, it's basically how malware works.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would then manually install the latest chipset drivers from here:

DOWNLOAD

And lastly, where are you running the games from? Which drive and what games launcher?

Sometimes Nvidia geforce now can automatically apply the "optimised' game settings which are invariably heavily handicapped, make sure that's off

Launch your NVidia GeForce Experience client and go to the Preferences tab from the top menu.
Step 2. Select Games from the left action panel, and then tick the checkbox next to Recommend optimal settings and save the change.

And what do you have plugged into the PC? Anything, USB's, monitors etc, what type of cable and plugged into where, ie case port or motherboard?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There is another PowerShell command that may tell us something, could you run this in an elevated PowerShell screen?

Get-Process | Out-File -filepath C:\Test1\process.txt

Then upload that file here from the root of the c drive

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
I would then manually install the latest chipset drivers from here:

DOWNLOAD
done, still the same issue in games:(

And lastly, where are you running the games from? Which drive and what games launcher?
Steam mostly, wow and overwatch from blizz launcher
Sometimes Nvidia geforce now can automatically apply the "optimised' game settings which are invariably heavily handicapped, make sure that's off

Launch your NVidia GeForce Experience client and go to the Preferences tab from the top menu.
Step 2. Select Games from the left action panel, and then tick the checkbox next to Recommend optimal settings and save the change.
Optimize is off

And what do you have plugged into the PC? Anything, USB's, monitors etc, what type of cable and plugged into where, ie case port or motherboard?
mouse g502, keyboard hyperx, M28u 4k monitor, creative speakers, ethernet cable, thats about it

all usbs in the back, DPI cable into the gpu

its so odd to me, if pcs have replaced all components, , then why am i still cursed with this issue:(

i have had a few people on reddit with the same cpu/gpu combo with same issue so wonder if its some odd conflict or something

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Man just trying out dawn of war 2 and even that has the same issues, at the same distance, crazy!
Kinda funny though in cut scenes having the grass and buildings popping in and out as it zooms in and out dramatically

I thought spending the extra to get the best i could afford would avoid me any issues in futy, i guess lesson learned lol

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
You have a Nahimic service running which is an audio overlay, and quite a few Asus processes, do you have any other Asus motherboard software installed aside from iCue?
Not that i know about/can see on my system, ive had a look at my program files, there is three folders in the asus folder - certservice,fancontrol and axsp

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not that i know about/can see on my system, ive had a look at my program files, there is three folders in the asus folder - certservice,fancontrol and axsp
It's possible they're bundled processes from iCue

Ok, let's take this back a step.

Can you install GPU-Z and use the lookup button to find the exact model you have installed?

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
It's possible they're bundled processes from iCue

Ok, let's take this back a step.

Can you install GPU-Z and use the lookup button to find the exact model you have installed?

hmm for some reason the lookup website doesnt load "connection is not secure"

"This site can’t provide a secure connection"​

very odd :(

snip.PNG

snip2.PNG

are either of these any use?