We love you Ukraine
hmm for some reason the lookup website doesnt load "connection is not secure"

"This site can’t provide a secure connection"​

very odd :(

View attachment 39225

View attachment 39226

are either of these any use?
Yeah, it’s a Zotac OEM model.

I am seeing quite a number of reports of this for people with 4090s in various games.

What we need to do is look at VRAM usage when a game is open.

You can do this in HWMonitor, the bits we’re interested in are, and it should list D3D processes as well.

GPU Utilization: 100%
GPU D3D Usage: 100%
GPU D3D Memory Dedicated: 696MB

Can you run the game, get to a place where the issue is present and take a screenshot of hwmonitor?

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Yeah, it’s a Zotac OEM model.

I am seeing quite a number of reports of this for people with 4090s in various games.

What we need to do is look at VRAM usage when a game is open.

You can do this in HWMonitor, the bits we’re interested in are, and it should list D3D processes as well.

GPU Utilization: 100%
GPU D3D Usage: 100%
GPU D3D Memory Dedicated: 696MB

Can you run the game, get to a place where the issue is present and take a screenshot of hwmonitor?
At this point i have had three different models of 4090, so i dont think it could be the card its self, unless i have the worst luck in existence and i am getting all these borked cards out of circulation lol

So for hwmonitor, do i leave it running for a bit, play the game then screenshot the gpu 4090 section or do i need to check the hw monitor while the game is running?

Since the issue happens as you get close to things or move forward and back about 5 meters it might be hard to grab if i need to do it while its happening

Also i cant see any d3d sections? I have 3d but no d3d

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
I left it running for a bit while walking back and forth at objects/npcs/rocks/buildings etc across several games, rdr2,re5,bg3,dow2 and this is what they program says after all that

snip3.PNG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I left it running for a bit while walking back and forth at objects/npcs/rocks/buildings etc across several games, rdr2,re5,bg3,dow2 and this is what they program says after all that

View attachment 39227
Oh, maybe it needs a licenses version.

Ok, could you then install AfterBurner
I'm not certain if the below is still relevant or not, it may have changed slightly

1. Enter the MSI Afterburner settings/properties menu
  2. Click the monitoring tab (should be 3rd from the left)
  3. Near the top and next to "Active Hardware Monitoring Graphs" click the "..."
  4. Click the Checkmark next to "GPU.dll", and hit OK
  5. Scroll down the list until you see "GPU Dedicated Memory Usage", "GPU Shared Memory Usage", "GPU Dedicated Memory Usage \ Process", "GPU Shared Memory Usage \ Process"
  6. Pick and choose what you want to be tracked using the checkmarks next to them. "GPU Dedicated Memory Usage \ Process" is the # that most closely reflects the # we find in

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Oh, maybe it needs a licenses version.

Ok, could you then install AfterBurner
I'm not certain if the below is still relevant or not, it may have changed slightly

1. Enter the MSI Afterburner settings/properties menu
  2. Click the monitoring tab (should be 3rd from the left)
  3. Near the top and next to "Active Hardware Monitoring Graphs" click the "..."
  4. Click the Checkmark next to "GPU.dll", and hit OK
  5. Scroll down the list until you see "GPU Dedicated Memory Usage", "GPU Shared Memory Usage", "GPU Dedicated Memory Usage \ Process", "GPU Shared Memory Usage \ Process"
  6. Pick and choose what you want to be tracked using the checkmarks next to them. "GPU Dedicated Memory Usage \ Process" is the # that most closely reflects the # we find in
Hey sorry, in the middle of moving so weekends are goneso for me at the moment lol

Ill get this info tomorrow :)

Any ideas what could possibly be causing this? Like maybe the driver is causing something to set the lod to min or something? Its such an odd issue and i was convinced it was hardware but now im unsure:( it can't just be me if its a driver issue but who knows lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Any ideas what could possibly be causing this? Like maybe the driver is causing something to set the lod to min or something? Its such an odd issue and i was convinced it was hardware but now im unsure:( it can't just be me if its a driver issue but who knows lol
I think it's likely a software issue. From the reports of it I've seen, they've all been on windows 10, possibly some update there attributing.

It seems to be a VRAM cap / leak from the symptoms which the above will highlight if so.

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
I think it's likely a software issue. From the reports of it I've seen, they've all been on windows 10, possibly some update there attributing.

It seems to be a VRAM cap / leak from the symptoms which the above will highlight if so.
Hmmm i see:( i did try 11 but i suspect thats windows ten +1 lol

Im doing the test now, How long do i need to let run?

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Maybe around 10 minutes, preferably in an area that's showing the symptoms
Ok ill run ten mins in a few games

Hopefully itll show something, its just gonna be reading me going back and forward towards a few npcs/objects buildings

I really would love to solve this because having low lod models for things close by on a 4090 is really jarring lmao

Fingers crossed afterburner picks up something on the graph

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Yeah, 100% not something expected anywhere near this level, this is the kind of thing you may expect from an 8Gb 4060, not the most powerful card on the market
I wouldn't expect the models im seeing on a ps1 never mind a 4060 lol

Like for re5, there is a car in the area i made a vid, and it becomes all one big blob about 5 feet from the player, hexagonal wheels and all

Rdr2 has npcs who are all smooth and stiff- its like something you would get if you ported the games to the n64 or something

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Right after 15 mins or so running around valentine in rdr2 and camp, the big drop at the end and the one a little back are me exiting game and other is getting after burner to go back on top, for some reason it disappeared lol

Outside of the two that i did, there doesnt seem to be any big drops or changes sadly

Seeing all those models and buildings and shadows pop in and out and load from low res to high kinda gave me a headache lol
rdr.PNG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right after 15 mins or so running around valentine in rdr2 and camp, the big drop at the end and the one a little back are me exiting game and other is getting after burner to go back on top, for some reason it disappeared lol

Outside of the two that i did, there doesnt seem to be any big drops or changes sadly

Seeing all those models and buildings and shadows pop in and out and load from low res to high kinda gave me a headache lol
View attachment 39266
The only other thing I can think is that there's significant overheating on the VRAM modules or perhaps the VRMs on the GPU. But something throttling the bandwidth of the VRAM. Or it is something purely in software configuration that's limiting draw distance.

I'm out of my depth here though. The fact it's happening for a few people specifically on the 4090 is odd though.

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
The only other thing I can think is that there's significant overheating on the VRAM modules or perhaps the VRMs on the GPU. But something throttling the bandwidth of the VRAM. Or it is something purely in software configuration that's limiting draw distance.

I'm out of my depth here though. The fact it's happening for a few people specifically on the 4090 is odd though.
i have monitored power use/temp with hwinfo/monitor and it showed nothing either:(

Yeah it is really strange, my nvidia support never got anywhere, they said they are escalating the ticket because they couldn't figure it out but never heard back again so i assume escalate ment into bin lmao

Thank you for trying to help anyway :) hopefully one day i find a fix because its really killing every single game for me lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i have monitored power use/temp with hwinfo/monitor and it showed nothing either:(

Yeah it is really strange, my nvidia support never got anywhere, they said they are escalating the ticket because they couldn't figure it out but never heard back again so i assume escalate ment into bin lmao

Thank you for trying to help anyway :) hopefully one day i find a fix because its really killing every single game for me lol
I would definitely follow up with Nvidia, and it also may be worth raising a ticket with Zotac

Make as much noise as possible.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just additionally, I would still raise it with PCS as well, just explain that you're following up with Zotac, you don't know if it's the card model or what, but log it as an issue anyway, they may be able to offer some alternative to try.

I realise they've done a full rebuild, but with the same card model.

Even swapping out for a 4080 as a trial to see if that corrects the issue.

Hailtothedoge

Gold Level Poster
Just additionally, I would still raise it with PCS as well, just explain that you're following up with Zotac, you don't know if it's the card model or what, but log it as an issue anyway, they may be able to offer some alternative to try.
Yeah probably a good shout, just feel like im wasting there time and money at this stage 😭
I realise they've done a full rebuild, but with the same card model.

Well the fact that it seems to be 4090 cards, it makes me feel like it has to be nvidia! Since ive had palit, gainward and now zotec, 3 different 4090 manufacturers but same issue.

Even swapping out for a 4080 as a trial to see if that corrects the issue.
I wish there was a rent a card service lol would help so much with diagnosis, i really dont want to send the card back or pc back again but ill run out of warranty at this rate 😭