Anyone play mw3 online?

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Hi there, i've always been a fan of COD since the first MW. I have to say though, after playing BF3, I won't be spending £30/£40 on a MW game again.

If you haven't already tried playing BF3 then I'd definitely recommend it - it really is a game, one of very few, which lives up to the pre-launch hype.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
cod multiplayer bores me, and i played mw3 round my mates, and im pretty sure the xbox graphics have got worse compared to black ops, it just didnt feel the same, it felt slower, it took me forever to run round the map

luckily it saved me wasting £40 on it

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I was going to judge you, but Search and Destroy is the only play type worth playing on COD. I haven't bought a COD game since MW2 but if I was to get another it would be search and destroy all the way!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
As much as i love bf3, i always will have a soft spot for search and destroy. It fills the void that css left :( (my favourite server shut down)...

the new modern warfare is pretty good online, it's just a shame they dont build upon existing game modes... (zombie/gungame.... especially gungame... :( ) and this may not be saying much... but it is the best looking call of duty game. ever. lol

BF3 may be the multiplayer king at the moment (IMO), but that doesnt make mw3 bad ;) and the main reason i play it, is because of time... :'( mw3 matches are quicker :(

ps...

spoilers
[video=youtube;1Pz_snhKOME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pz_snhKOME[/video]

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol just watched me missus younger brother playing mw3 online on his 360, search I think. lol it looks so crap! He's there screaming and shouting down the mic every single time he gets killed, he ran straight over a mine what's he expect to happen. lol, hahaha bloomin console gamers.

It looks so outdated compared my graphics on the pc lol!!!!

Tom DWC

cod multiplayer bores me, and i played mw3 round my mates, and im pretty sure the xbox graphics have got worse compared to black ops, it just didnt feel the same, it felt slower, it took me forever to run round the map

luckily it saved me wasting £40 on it

Finally someone else that has noticed.

WORLD AT WAR has better graphics, let alone black ops lol. :)

MW3 actually looks like they put the first two MW games through a blender and merged all the textures togeather. and don't even get me started on the distant scenery stills. Or the horribly grainy sky. ERGH!

PS. I did play it through, just because I wanted to conclude the story which, 4 years ago, was pretty epic. Still love COD4. :D

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Finally someone else that has noticed.

WORLD AT WAR has better graphics, let alone black ops lol. :)

MW3 actually looks like they put the first two MW games through a blender and merged all the textures togeather. and don't even get me started on the distant scenery stills. Or the horribly grainy sky. ERGH!

lol atleast ya didnt play 33 quid for 4 hours gameplay then on the shelf.

The old school ww2 cods are miles better than any of the new ones.

Tom DWC

lol atleast ya didnt play 33 quid for 4 hours gameplay then on the shelf.

The old school ww2 cods are miles better than any of the new ones.

See my recent edit. :D I guess we're both mugs for knowing better and buying it anyway. :/

I can imagine they probably were better tbh but I was a tad young to properly appreciate them lol.

Tom DWC

This is a quote from a guardian article I was reading at work last week, I think it makes a good point to be fair, as to why COD is still so successful:

This represents an interesting reversal of the usual critic/public relationship. Often, it is the professional reviewer who despairs at the lack of originality in mainstream entertainment, while paying customers accept the formulaic in their droves. Let's face it, Hangover 2 is basically a map pack for the first movie, yet it grossed almost $140m in its opening weekend and at 5.7 its Metacritic user review average is higher than the critical metascore.

As human beings we enjoy systems and repetition – our brains actively seek them out; it is a survival instinct that has morphed into an unconscious entertainment preference. Hence, the vital role of the catchphrase in comedy; hence, the predictable conventions of our favourite horror flicks. The notion of the sequel is based on the usually accurate construct that we like to relive enjoyable experiences. Modern Warfare 3 gives us more of what we liked, because we generally like more of what we like.

But is this game just too similar to previous iterations? Certainly, there are a lot of familiar weapons, and a lot of perks and killstreak rewards that we've all seen before – yet similar criticisms could be levelled at the inventories of, say, Mass Effect 2 or Gears of War 2, and elements like the new strike packages do add a significant tactical thrust to the action.

Elsewhere, there are complaints that the campaign is based around the same old linear action and explosive set-pieces as its predecessors. But then, what did everyone think was going to happen?

"Nobody should go in there expecting My Little Pony or Animal Crossing," says PC Gamer editor Tim Edwards. "If you turn up for a big James Bond-style action sequence that lasts for five hours and a multiplayer game with perks in it, that's what you're going to get. That's fine – nobody can be disappointed that they bought the game and that's what's in it."

Jon Hicks, editor of the Official Xbox Magazine, makes the interesting point that we may be thinking about Call of Duty in the wrong way by comparing it to other action games such as Batman or Uncharted. As a vast annual franchise designed to appease millions of mainstream consumers, there are more relevant points of reference:

"I think ultimately Modern Warfare 3 should be ranked alongside Fifa and other sports games in as much as, it's better than last years, but it will deliver a very similar experience. People say they want innovation and change and difference, but in the same way that Fifa can't break out of the fact that it's a game of football, CoD is so successful now, it can't really break out of its model, it is constrained by its very form. If you consider it as a sports game it becomes more logical.

"You and I both know that if they did an Alien 3 with Modern Warfare – if it became entirely different and passive, and suddenly you're fighting with sticks, the outcry would make the current one pale into insignificance. If you look through the annals of gaming history the titles that do change significantly year on year are the ones that get quite heavily punished. People like to demand change, but increasingly they then don't buy it."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/nov/10/modern-warfare-3-internet-hatred

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
this quote says it all for me

Don't believe the marketing hype, this is the same product rebundled let it die and show investors we're not interested in being sold the same product year after year, the cash cow needs to starve.

i might have to compare WaW with MW3 then lol, on PC max settings there seems to be differences, but xbox and ps3 are the same

and i loved WaW personally, should definitely be a second, id prefer it over a black ops 2 which is probably being made, although ill buy it anyway as i think treyarch make good games and attempt to do something different, its funny how black ops didnt get any claims that its the same crap over and over, although it was a completely different time frame lol

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
it may not be waw2 but it looks pretty good from screenshots

ENEMY FRONT

from the guy who created BLACK

i know he was also behind the more recently released bodycount
which was pretty bad, but he apparently left the studio making bodycount a year before it's release

still black IS my favourite ps2 shooter :p, so cant wait to see how enemy front works out :p

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I love BF3 in all it's glory, and will always support it over CoD anyday, but the survival mode of MW3 sounds a blast, and after Drunken referring to Counter Strike days it got me excited again so for £18 you cant go wrong.

P.S. Matty, you need to blog some more entry's already!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
survival was very disappointing for me, no where near as in depth as zombies and nowhere near as much fun, just my opinion though, would much rather a game of Nazi zombies any day

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
kalisnoir have you got the game already? im waiting for you and drunken monkey who always paint trees to play the game together :)