What's my order status Order update? And poor communication

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
I hope someone can help
I ordered my new pc on the 10th August the "Azure" that was reviewed

PCS promptly took the £1.5k out of my bank account a day or two later.

It is now the 20th of August

I am wondering if my pc is ever going to start to be built? My current order status is "pre production" which it has been for 8 days (the website states this stage should take less than a week)

I have contacted PCS 3 times over the past 2 days for a polite update on my order and have yet not heard from them

Am I being unreasonable to expect a reply?

I only wish to know the current status of my order and if there are any problems (i.e. stock issues) and if there are to be told - I was sent the email regarding the RAM of which I replied (with no acknowledgement to say that they have received my amendment)

After spending as much money as I have on this new system - I would expect a much higher level of customer support and service

Thanks

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
The quickest way to get a reply is via the telephone, the number is in my sig. PCS prioritise phone queries and emails are often not responded to for several days, it is not unusual to wait 3 or 4 days for a reply to an email.

current lead times for desktop are 10 working says - so about 2 weeks delivered to your door. These are backward looking figures though so it can increase or decrease a small amount. The website states an average of about 1 week pre production over all platforms including mini PCS and laptops which are all built in different departments. So it might be a bit misleading for folks but that's the way it is.

I ordered my Azure on the 11th and I'm only 2 days into Pre-Production....

Also getting worried by the number of complaints on this forum. Even the positive reviews seem to cite a lot of hassle. Weighing up my options at present.

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster

Also getting worried by the number of complaints on this forum. Even the positive reviews seem to cite a lot of hassle. Weighing up my options at present.

that isn't good...

Not sure what to make of it all - I have just got off the phone to them and spoke to Ashely (who was very helpful) he explained that they have had a lot of these orders and are slowly getting through them.

Mine is due to start to be built on Monday or Tuesday. So hopefully all being well I should have it this time next week.

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike

Am I to assume then that you paid via Finance? If so that is why it has taken a while for you to get into pre-production as all the finance agreement etc needed doing first.

Also to quote another post I made as a lot of people don't seem to read the terms and conditions and terms of use about waiting times.

LFFPicard said:
Also, times given are only estimates, according to the terms and conditions accepted upon order they have up to 30 _Working_ days to fulfil the order. The estimated times stated at order are just that estimates, based on the last 2 weeks of orders. This can change depending on how busy they are.

I wouldn't worry too much, think how many people have ordered Azures. There's at least 6 or 7 on the forums, let alone the other ones. It won't be too much of a surprise if you're in preproduction for a week at least.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
If waiting is a problem you can always upgrade to 5 working day fast track option, its costs £29 and you are guaranteed to have your machine dispatched in 5 days (ive used it twice and had it dispatched in 3 days both times).

I think you are being highly selective in your reading of the reviews (which I admit I havnt done for a while) but from my recollection many of the "issues" people have are fairly minor on the scale of things. The thing with reviews is people tend to come back to give negative feedback and all the easy transactions get left by the wayside.

Personally I have been a part of 5 PCS orders and have had 0 issues, but I understand not everyone is as in touch with the whole process as I am. But I'm sure you will both have your machines, everything will be fine and you will soon forget about the troubles and enjoy your CUSTOM BUILT machine for years to come.

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
If waiting is a problem you can always upgrade to 5 working day fast track option, its costs £29 and you are guaranteed to have your machine dispatched in 5 days (ive used it twice and had it dispatched in 3 days both times).

Ive used Fast Track on 2 previous computers. They don't do it on overclocked CPUs though, at least thats what they told me a couple of days ago.

Gr4

Silver Level Poster
My son waited about 3 weeks for his desktop, but he is over the moon with it, I have also ordered an Azure, But dont forget the Motherboard,Cpu and 980ti are all new products and i suspect will take a bit longer to get hold of, plus the amount of people that have ordered this particular system.
I hope you enjoy your comp when it arrives as much as i will mine
TC
GR4

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
But dont forget the Motherboard,Cpu and 980ti are all new products and i suspect will take a bit longer to get hold of, plus the amount of people that have ordered this particular system. I hope you enjoy your comp when it arrives as much as i will mine TC GR4

I phoned them a couple of days ago and they told me everything is in stock, or at least was then... I am only 5 days into pre-production so I may well be haunting this forum for a few days more...

Looks like there's a few of us in the same boat.

I didn't order via finance though, processing still took 6 days!

And yes unfortunately, as someone mentioned, fast track isnt an option on OC'ed builds.

I'd have thought building a pre-specc'ed machine would have been quicker than custom builds. You'd think they'd have a team for specific models etc.

Oh well, the wait goes on..

LFFPicard

Godlike
Looks like there's a few of us in the same boat.

I didn't order via finance though, processing still took 6 days!

And yes unfortunately, as someone mentioned, fast track isnt an option on OC'ed builds.

I'd have thought building a pre-specc'ed machine would have been quicker than custom builds. You'd think they'd have a team for specific models etc.

Oh well, the wait goes on..

Unfortunately it is still classed as a custom build it just comes with a discount as it is a reviewed machine, Basically generating extra sales from anyone who read the review.
The only ones that are guaranteed quicker are the ones in the next day section.

I ordered a custom build and I was very happy with the length of time form order to my doorstep.

Ordered on the 6th Aug and it was with me by the 12th Aug
I was also notified by email at each stage of the processing phase. Just be patient ... it will happen in due course

This is a bit worrying, but hopefully just the end of the promotion.

What surprises me, is that new customers are not able to click-through to an Azure build. I understand why the price might go up, but surely there would still be people wanting that specific spec after reading the review.

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
What surprises me, is that new customers are not able to click-through to an Azure build. I understand why the price might go up, but surely there would still be people wanting that specific spec after reading the review.

That's always the way when they end an offer, and the build is detailed is the review. I would imagine they got tired of telling every buyer that actually the ram isn't the same as in the review, it isnt really the kind of impression they would want to give, I would think. Or maybe they had a fixed amount they had earmarked to sell. I imagine they have sold a fair few as although it isnt a cheap bit of kit it was definitely something of a bargain.

bbnck

The only thing you can do is be patient and trust that your order is in line to be processed. I ordered my desktop PC on the 9 August and it's now In Testing. I assume my desktop PC will be shipped Monday or Tuesday next week. As others say repeatedly, try and be patient - it'll be worth it.