What's my order status Order update? And poor communication

Wikaman1

Ha, mine is now awaiting dispatch. Bit nervous it went straight from testing to awaiting dispatch and didn't seem to have any QC time, but I guess I can't complain. :D

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
I am 8 days in pre-production so I just called them. Apparently they have been having problems with some, but not all, of the 2666 ram. They have ordered in more ram (same speed) from a different supplier which will be arriving today. Then it needs to be tested. I was told there is a slim chance I will get my rig by the end of this week, more likely to be next week. Thought some of you would like to know :)

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
They are going to telephone everyone when the changes are confirmed, he was unable to tell me the manufacturer at this stage. I am sure all will be well.

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
of course - however I am getting rather impatient the length of time my order is taking....seeing as I ordered on the 11th and some people who have ordered afterwards are saying that they are saying that they are further on than I am (if they did get to pay for fast tracking their order - I would have liked the same option)

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
On the plus side he was able to confirm that the 850 power supply will be perfectly adequate to run another 980ti in sli, something I should have confirmed before my impulse purchase.

Rakk

The Awesome
if they did get to pay for fast tracking their order - I would have liked the same option

Normally it will tell you why you are not allowed to FastTrack if you select and you can't.
Though there are a couple of reasons (that I know of) why you may not be able to:
1. Not everything is in stock at the time (it may be in stock two days later at which point people can then FastTrack)
2. You are getting it delivered to a different address than your billing address (cos it doesn't give them time to do the various fraud checks and stuff they have to do) - this is something I vaguely remember but it makes sense.
3. Too many people have recently fast-tracked - I believe there is a limiting number they can allow - this again is only something I vaguely half remember hearing but it does make sense.

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
I ordered my rig exactly 1 year ago to the day, and it's getting RMA'd today :s. When I ordered it took nearly 2 weeks to shift from the production stage to being built although I feel that it would have taken even longer if I didn't bring up my concerns publicly on their facebook page(it went in to build less than an hour after the post was seen). It went from pre-production to being delivered in less than 2 days although when it did come it arrived with 3 separate faults and to PCS's credit they RMA'd it and the process was only about 3 days.

I think it's unfair for those who have had their products delivered quickly(through regular dispatch) to tell velvet to be patient as they haven't experienced being overtaken in the queue or an overly long wait time. If it's taking longer than the initial lead time, or if a build is falling behind the queue, then velvet has every right to be annoyed.

I've had a fairly decent experience with PCS besides having 2 RMA's in the space of a year, although I think the worst part is the lack of communication, if they could have someone answering emails for a few hours a day it would vastly improve service and reduce a fair amount of these posts.

Sorry to sort of hijack your post velvet, my advice is to get in touch by phone and if all else fails then take to social media. 2 weeks is a long time to be stuck in preproduction and you have a right to complain so ignore the naysayers and do what you feel is best, although I recommend giving them a day or so more :)

Hope any of this has been helpful :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I've had a fairly decent experience with PCS besides having 2 RMA's in the space of a year, although I think the worst part is the lack of communication, if they could have someone answering emails for a few hours a day it would vastly improve service and reduce a fair amount of these posts.

They do pretty much as you suggest, emails are replied to ASAP but you do get priority on the phones. I don't know for sure but I suspect its the same people replying to emails as it is answering the phones.

tomgar

I've been having the same issue to be fair.

Ordered an Obsidian S with a couple of minor upgrades on 12/08/2015 (although late in the evening so first working day wouldn't have been until the following day) with a 5 day build and dispatch as I'm going to a LAN party bank holiday weekend that I wanted the new rig for.

Was then e-mailed on 17/08/2015 to state that PC had been built and was awaiting testing.

Contacted Live Chat on 18/08/2015 as it had still not been scanned into testing and was assured that there were no issues with the order and that there should be no problems with dispatch on 21/08/2015 for Saturday delivery 22/08/2015

Contacted Live Chat again on 20/08/2015 (working day 6 so already outside of my 5 day build and dispatch) and it was only at this point that I was informed about the RAM compatibility issues with the new ASUS Skylake motherboards. I was assured though that if I downgraded to 2666Mhz RAM that a Friday dispatch and Saturday delivery were achieveable.

Rung in on 21/08/2015 and was advised that PC had been put into testing and should be dispatched that day barring any problems discovered in testing. Then rang in again about 17:10 in the evening as pc was still showing as "In Build" to be advised that the build team had gone home and they couldn't give me any information.

Contacted Live Chat again on 25/08/2015 to be told that they are also having issues with the 2666Mhz RAM and that they have ordered G Skill made replacements as they are having issues with the Kingston chips. They said that the delivery was due today and that my PC should be dispatched 26/08/2015 with next day delivery for 27/08/2015

Contacted Live Chat today to ensure that everything was progressing as expected to be informed that the RAM delivery hadn't come in so my PC would now not be dispatched until Thursday at the earliest.

Unfortunately I'm going away to this LAN party on Thursday night so it now looks like I'm not going to have my new rig for the LAN (a full 12 working days after I placed the order for 5 day dispatch) and I'm not actually going to be home to accept delivery now until Tuesday

Apcar

I've been having the same issue to be fair.

Ordered an Obsidian S with a couple of minor upgrades on 12/08/2015 (although late in the evening so first working day wouldn't have been until the following day) with a 5 day build and dispatch as I'm going to a LAN party bank holiday weekend that I wanted the new rig for.

Was then e-mailed on 17/08/2015 to state that PC had been built and was awaiting testing.

Contacted Live Chat on 18/08/2015 as it had still not been scanned into testing and was assured that there were no issues with the order and that there should be no problems with dispatch on 21/08/2015 for Saturday delivery 22/08/2015

Contacted Live Chat again on 20/08/2015 (working day 6 so already outside of my 5 day build and dispatch) and it was only at this point that I was informed about the RAM compatibility issues with the new ASUS Skylake motherboards. I was assured though that if I downgraded to 2666Mhz RAM that a Friday dispatch and Saturday delivery were achieveable.

Rung in on 21/08/2015 and was advised that PC had been put into testing and should be dispatched that day barring any problems discovered in testing. Then rang in again about 17:10 in the evening as pc was still showing as "In Build" to be advised that the build team had gone home and they couldn't give me any information.

Contacted Live Chat again on 25/08/2015 to be told that they are also having issues with the 2666Mhz RAM and that they have ordered G Skill made replacements as they are having issues with the Kingston chips. They said that the delivery was due today and that my PC should be dispatched 26/08/2015 with next day delivery for 27/08/2015

Contacted Live Chat today to ensure that everything was progressing as expected to be informed that the RAM delivery hadn't come in so my PC would now not be dispatched until Thursday at the earliest.

Unfortunately I'm going away to this LAN party on Thursday night so it now looks like I'm not going to have my new rig for the LAN (a full 12 working days after I placed the order for 5 day dispatch) and I'm not actually going to be home to accept delivery now until Tuesday

PCS has been having the same problem with my build. They told me that they expected the delivery of the new RAM in today or tomorrow when they called me up. They then thought it would take a further 24 hours in testing because the problem doesn't occur straight away.

Bluefinn

My rig is in testing now for the second day.. guess they either have also problems with the 2133 mhz ram or they just have a huge backlog

11 working days in and still in pre-production. A number of broken promises at this point. Getting fed up and seriously considering cancelling the order.

All items are in stock and have been from the get go.

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
11 working days in and still in pre-production. A number of broken promises at this point. Getting fed up and seriously considering cancelling the order.

All items are in stock and have been from the get go.

The issue they are having is that the things they have had in stock, which should on paper have worked, havent worked, there is a lot of very new tech here. For me this is a 'luxury' item, I dont actually 'need' it, I already have all I need to operate my businesses. For me this is for entertainment. I was mildly irked to discover that they had fast tracked others rigs having told me that it wasnt possible because they dont fast track overclocked CPU's. That was what they told me over the phone. Unless other forum members are telling untruths the kindest interpretation is that the guy I was talking to was confused or misinformed.

We are getting used to instant and excellent service when we order things online. Amazon may be a truly awful employer but their customer service is brilliant. One of the things I do is run a couple of online businesses which sell product and we do try to get back to someone within 24 hours if they email us. We usually succeed, not always.

If PCS had a policy that they got back to (actual customer) emails within 24 hours it would really help them. But I guess it is an opportunity cost thing...

My experience with PCS until now has been 100% positive and I am confident that I will get my new megapc within a week or so. The other option is to cancel the order and spend more money somewhere else for an equivalent build, which would almost certainly take longer and, as I say, cost more money.

So my advice, for what it is worth, is to stick with it :)

Apcar

The issue they are having is that the things they have had in stock, which should on paper have worked, havent worked, there is a lot of very new tech here. For me this is a 'luxury' item, I dont actually 'need' it, I already have all I need to operate my businesses. For me this is for entertainment. I was mildly irked to discover that they had fast tracked others rigs having told me that it wasnt possible because they dont fast track overclocked CPU's. That was what they told me over the phone. Unless other forum members are telling untruths the kindest interpretation is that the guy I was talking to was confused or misinformed.

We are getting used to instant and excellent service when we order things online. Amazon may be a truly awful employer but their customer service is brilliant. One of the things I do is run a couple of online businesses which sell product and we do try to get back to someone within 24 hours if they email us. We usually succeed, not always.

If PCS had a policy that they got back to (actual customer) emails within 24 hours it would really help them. But I guess it is an opportunity cost thing...

My experience with PCS until now has been 100% positive and I am confident that I will get my new megapc within a week or so. The other option is to cancel the order and spend more money somewhere else for an equivalent build, which would almost certainly take longer and, as I say, cost more money.

So my advice, for what it is worth, is to stick with it :)

I couldn't agree more.

While I couldn't be more excited for my £2000 gaming rig, I actually am thankful that they aren't just sending it out broken and are taking their time to make sure it's a high quality.

The customer service has been great on the phone when they called me to tell me of the issue after they suggested it in a live chat session. Only problem I have is the slow live chat reply times which is understandable as they probably prefer phone support.

luisadriano

I hope someone can help
I ordered my new pc on the 10th August the "Azure" that was reviewed

PCS promptly took the £1.5k out of my bank account a day or two later.

It is now the 20th of August

I am wondering if my pc is ever going to start to be built? My current order status is "pre production" which it has been for 8 days (the website states this stage should take less than a week)

I have contacted PCS 3 times over the past 2 days for a polite update on my order and have yet not heard from them

Am I being unreasonable to expect a reply?

I only wish to know the current status of my order and if there are any problems (i.e. stock issues) and if there are to be told - I was sent the email regarding the RAM of which I replied (with no acknowledgement to say that they have received my amendment)

After spending as much money as I have on this new system - I would expect a much higher level of customer support and service

Thanks

The quickest way to get a reply is via the telephone,
o.png

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
I couldn't agree more.

While I couldn't be more excited for my £2000 gaming rig, I actually am thankful that they aren't just sending it out broken and are taking their time to make sure it's a high quality.

Completely agree however disappointed that others have been fasted tracked a head

Spoke to PCS on live chat today they said that they are having issues with the ram and I should expect it Friday ( we will wait and see)