What's my order status Order update? And poor communication

Apcar

I got that a few days ago.
That email is probably just an automated email that's sent out when it's been in testing for more than a certain period of time.

Apcar

It's still in testing but it's supposed to be dispatched tomorrow or Wednesday according to a chat I had with them.
Unfortunately, today was a bank holiday so no work got done on it. :(

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
Further annoyance

My build failed the stress test over the weekend so will continue to be tested the earliest il get it now is Thursday

Not happy!

Surely there should be some sort of compensation or something to placate me?

steaky360

Surely there should be some sort of compensation or something to placate me?

Although its unfortunate you've experienced delays I don't think you 'should' necessarily be entitled to compensation. You've not suffered any loss and PCS still have some time to meet their 30 day limit. However that's not to say you are not entitled to feel upset/let down as clearly you've had a tough build.

Hopefully when you do get the rig it will be fully working with all bugs/etc. sorted. Fingers crossed for ya.

Just sat on hold for 17 minutes before being cut off. Planning to cancel as soon as someone will speak with me.

Systems look fantastic and I'm sure they are great value, but the customer service leaves much to be desired.

They seem to have overcome the worst of the issues. Mine moved from in building to awaiting dispatch this morning. Will get it Saturday as I am away til then. Would be a shame to cancel just as they solve the problem. Whenever I have got through to them the service has been fine. My main gripe was simply that they didn't communicate the problem. 1 mass email to all customers ordering skylake detailing the problem would have been the solution but never mind.

tomgar

They seem to have overcome the worst of the issues. Mine moved from in building to awaiting dispatch this morning. Will get it Saturday as I am away til then. Would be a shame to cancel just as they solve the problem. Whenever I have got through to them the service has been fine. My main gripe was simply that they didn't communicate the problem. 1 mass email to all customers ordering skylake detailing the problem would have been the solution but never mind.

Agreed, I have to say that the customer support staff have been very helpful (especially Mustafa) when I've contacted PCS for an update but that I've had to chase it every step of the way myself to find out what's going on. I haven't really had any contact from PCS to inform me of what's going on without directly chasing it

I found out that mine has also failed testing again over the weekend. I'm sure that when it finally gets dispatched it will be a beautiful rig, my only concern at the moment is that I do feel a bit like no one seems to really know fully what the issue is as there have been a couple of suggested solutions (Downgrading to 2666 and then replacing Kingston with G Skill) and neither appears to have worked. Feels a bit like my build is being used as a guinea pig

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Agreed, I have to say that the customer support staff have been very helpful (especially Mustafa) when I've contacted PCS for an update but that I've had to chase it every step of the way myself to find out what's going on. I haven't really had any contact from PCS to inform me of what's going on without directly chasing it

I found out that mine has also failed testing again over the weekend. I'm sure that when it finally gets dispatched it will be a beautiful rig, my only concern at the moment is that I do feel a bit like no one seems to really know fully what the issue is as there have been a couple of suggested solutions (Downgrading to 2666 and then replacing Kingston with G Skill) and neither appears to have worked. Feels a bit like my build is being used as a guinea pig

It's important to realise that you're absolutely correct, every supplier is currently testing "in the blind" to try to help the manufacturers work out what the problem is so that they can release updated bios' to correct it.

This is a worldwide issue affecting all skylake releases.

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
Mustafa has just informed me that the tests so far are going well on my build and are responding as it should currently. They are going to leave it over night and if all ok then It shall be dispatched (I seem to have been here before....)

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
Yes looks like things are moving forwards, mine is now in building, working day 12. Hopefully will get it this week :)

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
Working day 15 and still in pre-production,I have not heard anything from pcs

I think this is the main issue I have
We the customer have had to do all the chasing in regards to our orders of which we have spent a lot of money on - it is not on

My suggestion is to phone them and ask for an update. It might be that they simply haven't updated the status this happened to me
But please do phone them

Gr4

Silver Level Poster
I will ring them tomorrow reluctantly tho, I am confident that PCS will supply me with a fault free product and i dont mind waiting,I am just not happy with their system of communication regardless of how many customers they have.
Hope everyone is happy with their new systems
Gr4

Apcar

Apparently, my rig was in hour 3 of it's 10 hour burn in test. They told me to call in tomorrow to find out more information about how the test went and when it looks like it'll be dispatched.

I've started dreaming about my rig now because it's on my mind so much.

Apcar

Spoke to a great customer service rep on the phone just now. He said that my PC had passed the testing stage and should be dispatched later today with an arrival date of hopefully tomorrow.