What's my order status Order update? And poor communication

tomgar

I've just contacted PCS again today and they've given me an update that they are now no longer selling ASUS motherboards due to the RAM issues they are experiencing and have advised that if I want my build to be completed and dispatched that I will need to swap to a Gigabyte motherboard or wait until the ASUS issue is resolved (however they have no time frame on this, it could be tomorrow, it could be 6 months)

Going to have to consider my options but looks like swapping out the mobo is going to be the best option for most

Gr4

Silver Level Poster
Yes i swapped to other motherboard too after being told they cannot get any memory to work with the asus, strange tho how Velvetsky01 system is doing well in testing ??

Last edited:

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
Odd, I rang them this morning and they said mine was doing fine in testing so far and with a following wind I would get it Friday...

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
i have had the same email so said that I would like to swap mobos

is this an upgraded mobo interms of spec? and is it white? lol

very frustrating

Last edited:

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
Update

I have just spoke to PCS and after some discussion they are swapping the MOBO to the Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI

the other option was the gigabyte GA-Z170HD-3P

I went for the SLI for further furture proofing

As the cost of the MOBO is cheaper than the ASUS one the offer of a small refund of the difference was offered (£32 for the HD-3P and £20 for the SLI)

They said it will be with me on Saturday now....
they know this MOBO works (Famous last words!) and were very apologetic and have said that ASUS are coming in to look at the issue

The wait continues.....

Last edited:

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
Ive double checked, the configurator says a 1000W is needed as the total draw (incl the 20% headroom they build in) is 875 W. The upgrade to 1Kw is about £30, its the least they could do... :) - I know it isn't their fault though.

Given the very average review the Gigabyte MOBO had a few days ago (see previous post), I plan to hang on if possible, even if it takes a week or two more. I am not in a hurry.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Ive double checked, the configurator says a 1000W is needed as the total draw (incl the 20% headroom they build in) is 875 W. The upgrade to 1Kw is about £30, its the least they could do... :) - I know it isn't their fault though.

Given the very average review the Gigabyte MOBO had a few days ago (see previous post), I plan to hang on if possible, even if it takes a week or two more. I am not in a hurry.

Well as the SLI GB board is £20 cheaper Maybe they will just change the PSU and Mobo and be done with it. Depend show far they have got with the builds though, if the PSU is already fitted to the case it may open a can of worms.
Glad it is being sorted though!

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
Well as the SLI GB board is £20 cheaper Maybe they will just change the PSU and Mobo and be done with it. Depend show far they have got with the builds though, if the PSU is already fitted to the case it may open a can of worms.
Glad it is being sorted though!

Now if I was swapping the PSU it would involve a hammer and lots of swearing and possibly tears. I reckon they will be able to do it quite quickly.

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
considering they are swapping the MOBO I cant see the issue with them doing the PSU at the same time....

Good point. I think it is good to develop a sense of humour about this, rather than, say, spend too much time imagining some kind of SWAT assault on PCS.

tomgar

I'm starting to get really confused now. I've spoken to a couple of friends who have all built themselves new PCs in the last 2-3 weeks using the Skylake chipset.

2 of them are using 2666 Mhz Corsair RAM in an ASUS Z170-A with no reported issues
The 3rd is using 3000 Mhz Corsair RAM in an ASUS ASUS Z170-A again with no reported issues