What's my order status Order update? And poor communication

Bluefinn

@bluefinn, have you had any ram issues? or have you swapped your motherboard?

Nothing swapped, I have the ASUS® Z170 PRO GAMING and 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DDR4 2133MHz RAM, but my PC was in testing for 5 days, I guess QC was also inside this as it got updated today too, but thats still longer than it should usually take

Maxwell

Perfect, i've just changed the motherboard but the person on the phone did not informed me that I will not be able to run SLI. Now I need to call again

Apcar

I have an asus motherboard but I ordered the most expensive one, the asus maximus hero VIII for my skylake build. It seems that they didn't need me to swap that out in order to have my pc delivered. Weird.

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
Well they havent asked me to change mine either, though it is the cheapy Azure version, it was built yesterday and is in testing and so far the testing has gone well. Let us see what tomorrow brings.

tomgar

I'm really stuck as to what I should do at the moment. I'm reluctant to downgrade to a Gigabyte board but it might be my only choice if ASUS and PCS can't come up with a solution.

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
Gigabyte isn't really a downgrade in terms of quality, they are generally less expensive whilst offering the same features of a premium board.

Maxwell

I have an asus motherboard but I ordered the most expensive one, the asus maximus hero VIII for my skylake build. It seems that they didn't need me to swap that out in order to have my pc delivered. Weird.

Do you have the 2666MHz RAM ? I've ordered the same system with an 1000w PSU for future upgrades.

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
Just to keep all in loop after yesterday's change of motherboard and new 1000w PSU my order obviously passed all testing etc as it was dispatched today Finally...hopefly no more issues and I can now enjoy my purchase

steway

Bronze Level Poster
Hello
I'm not new to these forums, I just not posted too often. :) I was under the impression that, the forum was manned by some of engineers that build the PC's :) I might be mistake, reading through the thread I don't see any....I'm just about ready to order my third PC build from PCS, I'm now a little worried on what to do, should I wait a bit to order? I don't want a Gigabyte MoBo, (although Gigabyte has become very popular over the years) so maybe it's best to wait? I wish an engineer would post in here, just to let us know for sure what's going on, at the moment it's nothing more then guess work :)

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
I am alittle worried of a few people on here stating that they are not wanting the Gigabyte Mobo

could anyone give some reasons as to why that might be?

stegor

Bright Spark
Hello
I'm not new to these forums, I just not posted too often. :) I was under the impression that, the forum was manned by some of engineers that build the PC's :) I might be mistake, reading through the thread I don't see any....I'm just about ready to order my third PC build from PCS, I'm now a little worried on what to do, should I wait a bit to order? I don't want a Gigabyte MoBo, (although Gigabyte has become very popular over the years) so maybe it's best to wait? I wish an engineer would post in here, just to let us know for sure what's going on, at the moment it's nothing more then guess work :)

If you want a Skylake then at the moment you have no choice but to order with a Gigabyte mobo. Any other CPU you can still choose Asus.
Some PCS staff do post on the forums but it isn't an official channel of communication.

steway

Bronze Level Poster
I am alittle worried of a few people on here stating that they are not wanting the Gigabyte Mobo could anyone give some reasons as to why that might be?

Snobbishness? Sorry if that isn't a real word.

Haha! I guess you can say that :) Gigabyte are very good make for a MoBo, and make the bases of an awesome gaming rig...For me it's just a personal (Snobbishness) preference...I've always had an ASUS MoBo...As well as an Intel CPU(But AMD are awesome too ;) No need to feel worried at all...Gigabyte make some awesome MoBo's :)

Last edited:

velvetsky01

Bronze Level Poster
I had a feeling it was a "Snobbishness" view point lol

well my PC has been dispatched so will be with me tomorrow thank the lord lol amazing how quickly it turned round after they asked me to change the Mobo (they also changed the PSU too) that ASUS board obviously was causing a lot of issues after how quick the gigabyte mobo has took

stegor

Bright Spark
I had a feeling it was a "Snobbishness" view point lol

well my PC has been dispatched so will be with me tomorrow thank the lord lol amazing how quickly it turned round after they asked me to change the Mobo (they also changed the PSU too) that ASUS board obviously was causing a lot of issues after how quick the gigabyte mobo has took

Good news - I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

steway

Bronze Level Poster
Hope I've not upset anyone.. :eek: :surrender: ..My post was just to try to get some more info on the ASUS Boards ;) We know there is an issue, but with what?...CPU? Memory? A duff batch of boards? ....How long await? Will PCS restock ASUS Boards? I don't mind so much being called a snob (tongue in cheek) but a misinformed idiot I am NOT :( :no:

Last edited: