2011 2600k Build

DSN

Enthusiast
Well its time for my annual build. And like most others I will be waiting for the imminent launch of the Gen2 i7 Chips.

Below is my current proposed spec. By all means suggest upgrades, changes, revisions, and replacements. But please do so with valid reasons ( no being a fanboy is not a valid reason )

As a disclaimer, I am fully aware that I could get very similar level and save a few hundred pounds. However im not building this pc to save money.

Without further ado.

Usage:
Gaming(1920x1080), Video Rendering(1080p), Folding(teamid:193402), Benchmarking(ePeen).

Requirements:
All current games at full res full settings.
High Speed Video Editing and Rendering in Premier.
Speed Folding.
Quiet enough to sleep 6 feet away from.
And of course its all about the looking good.

Budget:
2000 GBP

Spec:
Case: Corsair 700D with 800D Door.
CPU: i7 2600k
MB: Undecided pending retail reviews.Liking the Maximus IV and the MSi boards.
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw @ 1600 base, possible double up to 8GB depending on video rendering results. Also waiting on Corsair Vengeance reviews.
GFX: SLi 570 or single 580 with potential for SLi as required.
PSU: Corsair HX1000 Modular
Drives: 1x Blue Ray R/W
HDD: WD: 2TB Black, 2x 128GB G3 SSD in Raid0 ( When Released Depending on Reviews )

Cooling: ( this is all very much up in the air pending reviews and result from retail chips etc... )
Top Mounted Triple Rad, Push Pull, Air heading In.
CPU, GPUx2(Full Block), Hopefully full board NB,SB,Mossfet
Dual Head Pump
240 T-Virus Res
Full compression fittings

Additional:(Outside of Budget)
24" 1920x1080
Razor Mouse
G15 Keyboard

Of course a lot is still up in the air, But im starting to get this all down pat.

Build Process:
The Build will be done in 4 parts.

Part1:
700D
800D Door
Power Supply
Sleeving
Custom Connectors
Fan Controller
Fans

Part 1 is basically pepping the case, and getting all the power sleeved and connectors ready, as well as the measurements in the case and modding for the possible 4th rad.

Part2:
MB
CPU
RAM
HDDS
DRIVES

Part 2 is delayed due to release dates. This will get meat of the machine tested and base clock speeds benched as well as the custom connectors installed.

Part3:

CPU Block
GPU Blocks
Pumps
Tubing
Connectors
Rads
Res
Fan/Pump Controller

Part 3 we will now we have the reviews on how the 1155 takes to the Water Cooling and the benchmarks from the various blocks available. This will let me make my final decisions on the blocks to use and then the rads and pumps im going to need. And getting all the WC components installed and tested.

PART4

LIGHTING
MOD PARTS
BUILD CHANGES
OVER CLOCKING

Part 4 is the good bit. Adding the final touches to the look of the pc. Now I have everything i need. The hardware has had all its base clock benches done, and temps recorded etc. All the air bubbles are out of the loop and now its time to get to over clocking. Initially volting everything to hell to get some serious bench marks, and then finding a nice stable clocks based on the reviews and OC's that have already been done and tested ( and blown )

And there we go.... Thats the plan....

If anyone is still reading. thanks a lot. What do you think ?

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
I do. This is gonna be damn expensive boi! :p

From what i see theres absolutely no parts in this build that you could have bought before the VAT increase :( Which means that yes its gonna cost a shed load lol. Very nice spec though, but we want vids of assembly and pics :D a full log book published and printed for all of us :D

DSN

Enthusiast
Yeah its not gonna be cheap, but its gonna be damn good !

Of course ill blog it. Ill even blog log it on this site an link in :D

With vids of me probably pouring distilled water all over it

DSN

Enthusiast
Cmon, no one has any build recommendations ? This is the same across all forums lol

spike

I don't think you would want anything i said as you clearly kno more bout it than me. but you should check out the cyborg R.A.T 5 mouse instead of razor it is sick :)

Sleinous

Author Level
Either that or you could go for the Ratinator 3.0.1

I hear its a beast of a mouse.

Picture:

Roof-rat.jpg

DSN

Enthusiast
I don't think you would want anything i said as you clearly kno more bout it than me. but you should check out the cyborg R.A.T 5 mouse instead of razor it is sick :)

Ill have a look into it, but ive been using the razors for a while, Its a very much " what your used to " thing with mouse.

Best mouse =

mickey_mouse_is_scary.jpg

DSN

Enthusiast
Build now delayed until the beginning of feb. I haven't had time to get any of the prep work done on the case or the PSU due to the car build being a little more problematic than expected.

Will keep you updated. Need a name for it also... any suggestions ?