5900x 3080 no lights on graphics card

SiAdams

Hi guys

finally got to turn on PC today and my graphics card doesn’t seem to be working

no signal is showing on the monitor and the lights on the graphics card are not on

my specs are as below

can I turn the PC off or is there a safe way do this? Any help would be appreciated

CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
down_right_arrow.gif
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Firefox

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry to ask but you've definitely got the monitor plugged into the GPU?

Edit, just noticed you say the lights on the GPU aren't on.

Are both the power connectors plugged into the GPU from the PSU?

To turn it off just press and hold the power button.

SiAdams

Hi guys, it’s the DP cable. I’ve connected a HDMI and it works fine. I’m using Samsung G9 so will need a new display port cable. Do you guys know where I can get one as I’m sure I’ve read it has to be a Samsung cable?

thanks so much for replying!

SiAdams

Cheers and good point. Sorry for not explaining

So I selected the menu on the monitor and chose the display port 1 option. I know this might sound obvious but I honestly thought the monitor would pick up automatically that I am using a DP cable.

the monitor is currently only running at 120hz but I’m sure it just needs updating. I will update this thread once I have solved that issue.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Cheers and good point. Sorry for not explaining

So I selected the menu on the monitor and chose the display port 1 option. I know this might sound obvious but I honestly thought the monitor would pick up automatically that I am using a DP cable.

the monitor is currently only running at 120hz but I’m sure it just needs updating. I will update this thread once I have solved that issue.
yeah, it likely needs the firmware update that was released in January I think, that's sorted out the 120Hz limit.

KyberKai_

@SiAdams I think we have the same monitor and I have ordered an almost identical build today !

.. Actually I think only the m.2 drive is different, I went a single drive @1TB.

SiAdams

yeah, it likely needs the firmware update that was released in January I think, that's sorted out the 120Hz limit.
Yes! Ive just downloading the latest firmware now and updating the monitor. I’ll let you know if that solves it. Should I post a link to the drivers section on Samsung website?

SiAdams

@SiAdams I think we have the same monitor and I have ordered an almost identical build today !

.. Actually I think only the m.2 drive is different, I went a single drive @1TB.
Brilliant mate! Don’t do what I do and panic if the DP cable doesn’t work at first 😂

to be honest i phoned PCS and they were very helpful. Spent half hour on the phone to realise it was more than likely the cable. However I had to select from the menu option on the monitor to use the DP connection.

if you have any questions when you get your pc then please let me know

KyberKai_

Brilliant mate! Don’t do what I do and panic if the DP cable doesn’t work at first 😂

to be honest i phoned PCS and they were very helpful. Spent half hour on the phone to realise it was more than likely the cable. However I had to select from the menu option on the monitor to use the DP connection.

if you have any questions when you get your pc then please let me know
Thanks buddy, hope you're enjoying it!

SiAdams

Good morning guys,

finally got the 240hz problem solved

i downloaded the firmware from https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC49G95TSSUXEN/

Make sure you type in your model number - mine is a August 2020 model

Make sure you change to 240hz on the monitor menu and on the nvidia control centre

One thing i do need help is is that the time and date is stuck on 13/8/21? it will not auto sync. Also the lights on the graphics card (RBG) are not working. I think the RGB issue is on this forum so i will search for that. Any help with the time not syncing would be appreciated.

It is running Resi Evil Village like a dream now

SiAdams

Another issue I had and resolved this morning was that the monitor would keep going into sleep mode. In other words wouldn’t connect to the GPU.

if this happens with the G9. Unplug the monitor, turn off PC. Switch PC back on and then plug in the monitor. This resolved the issue.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’s awesome mate. Resident evil the village is amazing. Hopefully you will get it free if you ordered the Samsung 980 SSD, but unsure as to whether that offer is still on
that offer seems to be over now, but was on when i ordered my new rig this time last weekend so fingers crossed for a code when it hopefully turns up in a couple of weeks