5900x 3080 no lights on graphics card

KyberKai_

Brilliant mate! Don’t do what I do and panic if the DP cable doesn’t work at first 😂

to be honest i phoned PCS and they were very helpful. Spent half hour on the phone to realise it was more than likely the cable. However I had to select from the menu option on the monitor to use the DP connection.

if you have any questions when you get your pc then please let me know
So I got my PC yesterday and I had completely forgot you warned me about this and the exact same thing happened to me !!! I completely panicked, I thought the GPU was knackered.

I eventually realised it could be the monitor and tried a spare one I had and of course it worked.

It was only after all that I got back to this thread and remembered we discussed this.

All sorted now. :D

SiAdams

So I got my PC yesterday and I had completely forgot you warned me about this and the exact same thing happened to me !!! I completely panicked, I thought the GPU was knackered.

I eventually realised it could be the monitor and tried a spare one I had and of course it worked.

It was only after all that I got back to this thread and remembered we discussed this.

All sorted now. :D
Brilliant mate 😂 horrible feeling isn’t but what a relief eh!

how you finding it? I need a new game to play on so any suggestions let me know. Just completed resident evil village so if you don’t have that I would highly recommend bud

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

how you finding it? I need a new game to play on so any suggestions let me know. Just completed resident evil village so if you don’t have that I would highly recommend bud
I got killed 3 times last night playing resident evil village😂

KyberKai_

Loving it so far. Installing Flight Simulator at the moment to see how it handles that. RE looks great so will definitely need to get that too.

SiAdams

Loving it so far. Installing Flight Simulator at the moment to see how it handles that. RE looks great so will definitely need to get that too.
I do need to download flight sim. Let me know how it runs mate. What settings you get away with etc 😬

SiAdams

Hi guys,

wasn't too sure where to post this as couldn't find an appropriate thread.

I have just run a 3D Mark test and this is my score. Shows slightly below average so was hoping some of you guys can let me know if this is all good.

thanks

1632939720440.png

SiAdams

Ok fair enough mate. It is a little miss leading as they state the 2080 has a higher score compared to mine on their benchmarks. Hence why i wanted to check how mine looked with the experts on here

thanks for that :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok fair enough mate. It is a little miss leading as they state the 2080 has a higher score compared to mine on their benchmarks. Hence why i wanted to check how mine looked with the experts on here

thanks for that :)
No worries, I think a lot of the higher scores on there are achieved with over clocks

SiAdams

So,

in relation to the issue of the Samsung G9 not turning on on boot up when resolution set to 240hz.

What i have found is that when the screen stays black and the blue light is flashing as though it is in sleep mode. If i press restart on the PC, the screen comes on perfectly and works fine.

So i am quite happy to do that now opposed to switching to 240hz every time i turn the PC on.

Question is, will restarting the PC at the log in page on windows cause any issues if i have to do this every time i boot up the PC?

thanks in advance

DanielQ88

So,

in relation to the issue of the Samsung G9 not turning on on boot up when resolution set to 240hz.

What i have found is that when the screen stays black and the blue light is flashing as though it is in sleep mode. If i press restart on the PC, the screen comes on perfectly and works fine.

So i am quite happy to do that now opposed to switching to 240hz every time i turn the PC on.

Question is, will restarting the PC at the log in page on windows cause any issues if i have to do this every time i boot up the PC?

thanks in advance
This is literally what I do, I power on the PC, get the blue flashing light on Samsung G9 with no display, reset the PC and all works fine. Pain like but I suppose its better than having to change refresh rate.

In relation to 3DMark, I have 3080 and Ryzen 7 5800x and get between a low of 16062 and high of 16329.