advice on a gamers desktop

lm1981

ok this may sound weird but want to get my boyfriend a new computer for xmas he uses his for work and gaming any adice on what i need to be looking for or what is good on the market

Fear

Prolific Poster
1 lucky boyfriend you havn't got a sister have you ;) if you can tell us a bit more like do you need a monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers and your budget and we can come up with some specs for you.

lm1981

no no sisters have two brothers tho lol that any good ? he has a really good monitor and keyboard just need the main unit and am willing to spend around 1500 or thereabouts

MadMan

Super Star
Ill let Fear post you a spec as he is very good at it. You will have a lovely pc with that budget :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
no no sisters have two brothers tho lol that any good ?

Lol i was really asking for that ;)

Anyway something to have a look at.

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
FREE Batman Arkham City with any Nvidia® GeForce GTX560 or above!
Memory - 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1[SUP]st[/SUP] DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,417.00 including VAT and delivery.

lm1981

cool thanks a million have my brother on to it he works for analog might be able to source some stuff for me thanks guys im totally clueless when it comes to all the different bits im just hppy my laptop turns on and works now if its shoes ye want adice on im the girl to go to

Fear

Prolific Poster
cool thanks a million have my brother on to it he works for analog might be able to source some stuff for me thanks guys im totally clueless when it comes to all the different bits im just hppy my laptop turns on and works now if its shoes ye want adice on im the girl to go to

Lol i think i might pass on that 1 but thanks anyway :D

Just to make sure you do know that spec above would be a built and delivered PC by PCS don't you.

lm1981

ya but once i know what to look for i can get my brother to order it and it works out cheaper through his company so it saves me a bit and he has a guy who will build it for me but he told me to ask on one of these sites as ye would know what the best parts are for gaming if that makes sense

Fear

Prolific Poster
ya but once i know what to look for i can get my brother to order it and it works out cheaper through his company so it saves me a bit and he has a guy who will build it for me but he told me to ask on one of these sites as ye would know what the best parts are for gaming if that makes sense

Lol thats fair enough but just 1 last push i will make for PCS is you have warranty with 1 year collect and return, 1 year parts and 3 year labour all included in the price and before you think i am on commission i am not (no matter how much i ask) just a happy customer.

lm1981

i wasnt hain anyone on lol i swear i was following a mans adice il have ye know . you sure you arent on commission lol bet you hae a tshirt with the compnay logo on but sincerely guys thanks for all the help really appreciate it

lm1981

ah here whats this pick on the clueless irish girl il know better next time il just order off dell humph :(