AMD X6 Advice

Phalanx

Hi guys,

Was wondering if you could give me advice on the AMD X6's. I have ordered my rig and its in pre production right now so if I wanted to amend it I still can but just wanted your thoughts.

I have ordered the AMD PHENOM II X6 1055T (2.80GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3/) and im happy enough with it but just wondered what kind of difference I would notice if I ordered the AMD PHENOM II X6 1075T (3.00GHz/AM3) Black Edition or even the AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T (3.20GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3) Black Edition.

Would there be any real notable difference with the COD and Battlefield games or the new Medal of Honor game or would it be spending money purely for the sake of it?

Thanks for any advice, im loving these forums.

Sleinous

Author Level
Not for gaming no, for CPU intensive tasks like non GPU video conversion, or, Folding@Home or compiling, yes.

Gorman

Author Level
If your taking the AMD gaming route i see no need for a 6 core at all, better off with a high core speed 4 core and money in your pocket, or your GPU.

Meds

Theoretically yes, there would be a performance increase by going from the 1055T to 1090T but whether or not you will notice it in day to day applications/games I'm not sure.

If you are considering an upgrade though, I would skip the 1075T and go straight for the 1090T as it's only £15 or so more than the 1075T.

Phalanx

Thanks lads.

I was hoping there wouldnt be any notable difference. Gorman I think I went for the 6 core with future proofing in mind thats all really mate. I did look at 4 cores and the i7 in particular but as we all know AMD offer better value for money and I just couldnt spend anymore than I have done, well not without the wife making my life hell anyway. :)

Appreciate the advice though lads, thanks a lot.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
You would get about 6 more frames per second with the 1090T compared to the 1055T so you probably wouldn't notice it.