Enthusiast
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=produkte&lng=en

noctua_nh_d14_1.jpg
noctua_nh_c14_0.jpg
noctua_nh_12_1.jpg
noctua_nh_u12do_a3_1.jpg
noctua_nh_u12dx_3.jpg

Maestro

I think Noctua have a good rep, but the colour has always put me off. It doesnt go with any other part of a pc i can think of.

Buzz

Master
I got 3 free Noctua fans due to a bad delivery the first time. :) I bought 2 NF-F12 PWM focused flow for the CPU and 5 NF-P12 PWM for the case. They are amazing fans,. and the P-12s are literally silent. F12s at full have a tiny sound. Also their low RPM is 200 and still great cooling. Yeh the colour is a little touch and go, but for their performance they are worth it IMO. Just put an NZXT Led strip or the likes in your case and the colour of the fans will change. Dont notice the original colour as much anymore. :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
shame they dont do different colours, like ya say buzz, they are really quiet!

Ya could always get the D14 or C14 (providing ya case is big enough) and change the fans.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
They definitely need a standard black edition, they will be much more popular as like others, i am put off by the colour

mishra

Rising Star
nooes... stay away, from even considering making changes to the colour!
That's the whole beauty of Noctua's. You can always spot one... because it is always (I think) in the same colour and very easily distinguishable from any other fans. They just look ace.
You make it black and it is no longer any different from bazillions of other fans.

Noctua reasoning is simple, you pay for quality and you get quality ... and that's reflected by price :(
They don't care about colours, LEDs, sparkles, little nightingales flying around or anything else... it has to work quiet, cool like crazy and ... never brake! I love it!

Corfate

Author Level
Love those pics Mishra, great looking rig :) What kind of temps do you get when online with the CPU cooler? (may treat myself this summer)

Also, love your GPU! reminds me of the 3 slot 590 i think it was, absolute beast: Clicky

mishra

Rising Star
thanks Corfate,

When it was all new (as in no dust at all, fresh thermal paste and that was late winter so ambient temps were also lower) my temps were around 29-32C. This just web browser, groveshark, usual internetz trolling, etc...
Now, while doing exactly the same + have Diablo 3 minimized + much more dust + ambient temp in my room is exactly 25C atm, HWmon is showing 35C. Not bad...

To be honest after raping CPU with prime95 for hours, never seen temps going above 55C mark. More practical gaming session on BF3 or Diablo3, temps are around 44C (ish) mark. This slightly OC'ed ofcourse... but not to much.
Had it above 4Ghz for a while but I think my PSU is not exactly up to the job (with gfx also OC'ed), so to play it safe settled for 3.9Ghz and been rock stable for me.

I'm sure there are plenty very good coolers around, many of them cheaper than Noctua but the built quality, packaging and overall effect... think it's worth the price. I was toying with idea of water cooling for long time, but I like to be able to carry my PC from A to B, and having water in your electronic rig is something I was always afraid of.. so that's why the choice of Noctua.

Only downsize?... the size! The thing is quite big after all, but still fits just nicely in the smallest of Haf cases (912).

edit: That ASUS MARS II card... wow must have weight a ton! My gfx is small but still is quite heavy (due to using metal not plastic for it's frame).... but that Mars thing? must have weight 4kg I bet!

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
thanks Corfate,

When it was all new (as in no dust at all, fresh thermal paste and that was late winter so ambient temps were also lower) my temps were around 29-32C. This just web browser, groveshark, usual internetz trolling, etc...
Now, while doing exactly the same + have Diablo 3 minimized + much more dust + ambient temp in my room is exactly 25C atm, HWmon is showing 35C. Not bad...

To be honest after raping CPU with prime95 for hours, never seen temps going above 55C mark. More practical gaming session on BF3 or Diablo3, temps are around 44C (ish) mark. This slightly OC'ed ofcourse... but not to much.
Had it above 4Ghz for a while but I think my PSU is not exactly up to the job (with gfx also OC'ed), so to play it safe settled for 3.9Ghz and been rock stable for me.

I'm sure there are plenty very good coolers around, many of them cheaper than Noctua but the built quality, packaging and overall effect... think it's worth the price. I was toying with idea of water cooling for long time, but I like to be able to carry my PC from A to B, and having water in your electronic rig is something I was always afraid of.. so that's why the choice of Noctua.

Only downsize?... the size! The thing is quite big after all, but still fits just nicely in the smallest of Haf cases (912).

Those temps are very impressive!