Argh which case!?

nfoote

I can't decide which case I want to go with for the below system!?

Either
Cosmos 100
OR
HAF-X
OR
Storm Sniper

The Cosmos looks nice, but you can't see inside it. Its completely closed in so I assume would be the quietest but then again the hottest. Its also huge and heavy.
The Storm Sniper also looks cool but has a ton of mesh so you'd hear it a lot more and the dust would get in there worse.
The HAF-X probably looks the worst (still ok) but I guess by the name would have the best cooling design and USB3.0 frontside!

Thinking on it more I guess the HAF-X is a bit behind the other two.

Bearing in mind the below setup and that at some point I might do some or all of the following; little bit of OC (I like round numbers, so 3.5Ghz would be nice), another GTX580, i7-980X
Would there be much of difference in temps and noise produced from the Sniper and Cosmos?

What are some typical noise/temp levels I could expect from the below system with either case?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being really picky, but its not exactly a cheap spend!

Case
COOLERMASTER COSMOS 1000 SILVER SILENT CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM)
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (6 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DX 11 (PRE-ORDER)
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£88)
Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£169)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI EXPRESS CARD (£19)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2472HD 24" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£179)
2nd Monitor
IIYAMA E2472HD 24" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£179)
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Internet 350 USB Keyboard (£9)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39)
Quantity

Price: £2,350.00 including VAT and delivery.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Haf-X is most popular, followed by Storm Sniper. Cosmos is less popular nowadays, but it still have its niche.

For cooling, choose the Haf X or Storm Sniper. The Cosmos will most likely add a few degrees onto the temperatures, but nothing overly concerning.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Only pick the Cosmos for it's looks it doesn't perform that well, the HAF-X is the coolest (in terms of temperature) case available and the sniper, well, it has a fan controller and Blue LED's ^_^

nfoote

Cheers guys, what about noise levels? Reviews I'm reading say the Sniper is pretty quiet with its stock fans, does anyone have any experience of this? Does PCS put more/other fans in from the default ones?

Gorman

Author Level
I would go for the 600T.

Better case than all of the above by far.

p.s i will only accept differing opinions from people who have owned and used all of the above cases.

Wash

Bronze Level Poster
I'll be ordering the 600T over the Sniper as well, she's a beaut, just wish there was a perspex window like the 800D so I can show off her insides :O

nfoote

Hmm seems like the 600T could well be a good contender, completely closed for lower noise but has a front intake which I like better than the cosmos underside intake ...
Does look a little plain jane without a window of some sorts, and can turn the LEDs off ... nothings perfect!

I wonder if PCS might in the future start offering some selectable case mods to their systems?

Sleinous

Author Level
I would go for the 600T.

Better case than all of the above by far.

p.s i will only accept differing opinions from people who have owned and used all of the above cases.

So basically noone, meaning you can say whatever you like XD

Well im gonna prove you wrong! But nah HAF-X all the way.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I bet the HAF-X could cool a GTX 480 (at full fan speed) better than your custom water loop in the 800D ^_^