Automated Email build dates

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
14th working day here too. The first automated email estimated the build date as 4th of February... it's the 4th of February now and it's still in pre-production. I ordered 19 days ago.

Also, the automated e-mail also said it would give me updates every 2 days since, but I've only ever had the one message.

Disappointed with PCS to be honest. Everyone I have spoke to and a lot of people here have not experienced the build times boasted when they were actually choosing the parts for their desktop or whatever. Still within the "% of Orders Dispatched Within Timescales Indicated" range mind you, but this is so much greater than what was given when I was actually choosing the PC. The estimate I was first given is seems closer to constituting a lie than an estimate. Disappointing.

It's called an estimate for a reason, since they only have past data to go on they give an estimate based on that, It's frustrating but it's impossible to do better really

Sinos

It's called an estimate for a reason, since they only have past data to go on they give an estimate based on that, It's frustrating but it's impossible to do better really

Im still patiently waiting. and do again accept that lots of orders etc. but people thinking things like impossible to do better is why a lot of people settle for bad customer service. as of tomorrow ill be on 16th working day and still in pre production. almost double the low end of my 8-10 day estimate.

I still think the way to handle this would have been to pull some staff off fast track and stop accept new ones for the time being till there a bit more caught up.

I run my own business and i would not want my customers to wait nearly double any estimated delivery and an action like that would be the appropriate one. That said there still gonna be raking in the 35-55 pounds from new orders so i get not wanting to let that go.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Im still patiently waiting. and do again accept that lots of orders etc. but people thinking things like impossible to do better is why a lot of people settle for bad customer service. as of tomorrow ill be on 16th working day and still in pre production. almost double the low end of my 8-10 day estimate.

I still think the way to handle this would have been to pull some staff off fast track and stop accept new ones for the time being till there a bit more caught up.

I run my own business and i would not want my customers to wait nearly double any estimated delivery and an action like that would be the appropriate one. That said there still gonna be raking in the 35-55 pounds from new orders so i get not wanting to let that go.

You just said your estimate was the 4th, therefore not double the expected time?

As for pulling staff off fast track that isn't how it works, it's a separate service that use different staff. Sure, they could pull people off of it and not take new fast track orders but then they'd lose more business and I bet part of the reason for delays will be things being out of stock etc, it's not just a case of how many orders and staff they have. The PCS machines are competitively priced for a reason and that's because they don't have the fastest ever built times when they're busy, since they wouldn't want to over employ staff when it gets quiet.

I honestly don't see how their estimates could be improved as they only have past data to go on

keynes

Multiverse Poster

I don't think anyone disagrees that it could be improved or at least highlight when placing an order that during busy period the lead time may not be very accurate and a fast track service is available. Different businesses have different ways of operating and if you wish to compare I think it would be fairer to do like for like. I also have a business but can't really compare to PCS since I don't rely on stock and my demand is always as expected during the year.

conkno

Processed Date 28-01-2016
Build Date 01-02-2016
Test Date 02-02-2016
QC Date 04-02-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 04-02-2016
Dispatch Date 04-02-2016

It has arrived however yet open as I am in work hopefullyit well built without having to go back

Jaen

Processed Date 22-01-2016
Pre-Production Date 25-01-2016
Build Date 11-02-2016
Test Date 16-02-2016
QC Date 17-02-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 17-02-2016
Dispatch Date 17-02-2016

Last edited: