Finally! I'll have mine on Friday.

Processed Date 11-01-2016
Pre-Production Date 12-01-2016
Build Date 26-01-2016
Test Date 26-01-2016
QC Date 27-01-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 27-01-2016
Dispatch Date 27-01-2016

That's good news! - If it was despatched yesterday then there is a chance it might actually get delivered today!

Would you please let us all know if it ends up a Thursday or Friday delivery?

anlygi

That's good news! - If it was despatched yesterday then there is a chance it might actually get delivered today!

Would you please let us all know if it ends up a Thursday or Friday delivery?

It won't be today for me unfortunately, PCS and DPD have said Friday. I live in Northern Ireland so I had to pay an £11 surcharge for a second class two day service. I'm well used to it though as most couriers charge a premium to deliver here and next day is a fortune. Some store absorb it but I can't really complain considering how much I saved compared to a competitors Ultrabook and what's an extra day onto 17? Please it will be here for the weekend. :).

getty29

My laptop arrived yesterday, very impressed so far. Spent the night getting it installed and set up, I'll post a review when I've had a bit of a play.

anlygi

My laptop arrived yesterday, very impressed so far. Spent the night getting it installed and set up, I'll post a review when I've had a bit of a play.

I got my Lafite today. Very impressed with what I seen of it myself before I had to come to work. I'll be getting a play with it over the weekend and post a review myself.

ali.islam90

Still waiting for my Defiance II!!!

Still in testing :(

Processed Date 14-01-2016
Pre-Production Date 19-01-2016
Build Date 27-01-2016
Test Date 27-01-2016

Same dates for me! I rang them this morning and was told that it would be dispatched today, and with me tomorrow (2/2/16). However, online the status still says "In Testing".

Like several others here, if I knew it was going to take this long I would have fast-tracked it!

YepeeeeYaYay! :D

Build Date 27-01-2016
Test Date 27-01-2016
QC Date 02-02-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 02-02-2016

@IanRT What config did You order?

And again YepeeeYayYeeee!

Build Date 27-01-2016
Test Date 27-01-2016
QC Date 02-02-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 02-02-2016
Dispatch Date 02-02-2016

Sinos

I'm still in pre production on working day 13. Rang up last week and was told would be going into build today still no change yet. Patience is definitely waining now hoping I have it by the weekend at the latest

IanRT

I'm still in pre production on working day 13. Rang up last week and was told would be going into build today still no change yet. Patience is definitely waining now hoping I have it by the weekend at the latest

Had similar here. I sent an email, got a response that it would be being built early this week, but since its Tuesday now unless it moves into building today I don't think you can call it early this week. I really do think they should update the standard build time on the order form (it currently says approx 8-10 days). I did also ask on the email if it's possible to pay to move onto the fast build/if it's needed, but no response to that part.

Sinos

only issue i had with that is i would have considered it a week ago. and payed it accepting that yeh sometimes its gonna be a bit over the time. but when quoted 8-10 days build time and being on 13 days starting to get a bit ridiculous.
If there this backlogged surely the smart thing to do to ensure best customer satisfaction is to put a stop on fast tracking new orders till they catch up.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
only issue i had with that is i would have considered it a week ago. and payed it accepting that yeh sometimes its gonna be a bit over the time. but when quoted 8-10 days build time and being on 13 days starting to get a bit ridiculous.
If there this backlogged surely the smart thing to do to ensure best customer satisfaction is to put a stop on fast tracking new orders till they catch up.
It is indicated that is an estimate. Unfortunately it could take longer, I don't see how stopping fast track (which could be a different department) will help. You have a choice to fast track or wait, for those with an urgency to get their build will be more satisfied to have the option of fast track.

Sinos

It is indicated that is an estimate. Unfortunately it could take longer, I don't see how stopping fast track (which could be a different department) will help. You have a choice to fast track or wait, for those with an urgency to get their build will be more satisfied to have the option of fast track.

an estimate is should still be somewhat close to what your getting.

that said i would be surprised if fast tracking was a seperate department but who knows could be.

have no problem with fast tracking and like i said before and others have said i think most of us would have been if we had been given a clear indication of how back logged they were.

conkno

To be honest I think the general check of 'My orders' sometimes miss updates or is slow at updating..

My laptop is currently in Testing and will hopefully be finalized before Friday (Fast Track)

Production Dates
Processed Date 28-01-2016
Build Date 01-02-2016
Test Date 02-02-2016
Who Worked on This Order?
Built By Lorne Griffin
Tested By Carl Auckland

Last edited:

ninjitis

These were my dates:

Processed Date 16-01-2016
Build Date 29-01-2016
Test Date 29-01-2016
QC Date 01-02-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 01-02-2016
Dispatch Date 01-02-2016

I got my Lafité II after 11 working days, which was really cool. Once it gets through processing, it's pretty quick :)

IanRT

For anyone that had similar to me: pre-production on the 19th, nothing since, I called them today and they said it had actually finished pre-production some time ago but theres a backlog in the build part. They said it would likely enter building tomorrow and reckoned I'd have it by Monday.

Bod

Lafite 2

Processed Date 15-01-2016
Build Date 27-01-2016
Test Date 28-01-2016
QC Date 29-01-2016
Awaiting Dispatch Date 29-01-2016
Dispatch Date 29-01-2016
Received 01-02-2016

Returned 02-02-2016

Sinos

still in pre production as of today. 14th working day. assume laptops are processing faster as per the estimates aswell! sometime next week im sure stoked to finally get my hands on it.

vorgque

14th working day here too. The first automated email estimated the build date as 4th of February... it's the 4th of February now and it's still in pre-production. I ordered 19 days ago.

Also, the automated e-mail also said it would give me updates every 2 days since, but I've only ever had the one message.

Disappointed with PCS to be honest. Everyone I have spoke to and a lot of people here have not experienced the build times boasted when they were actually choosing the parts for their desktop or whatever. Still within the "% of Orders Dispatched Within Timescales Indicated" range mind you, but this is so much greater than what was given when I was actually choosing the PC. The estimate I was first given is seems closer to constituting a lie than an estimate. Disappointing.