Battlefield 3 EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i played the alpha also and it doesnt feel like bc2 the jumping mechanics are awsome sounds stupid but they feel really smooth as sapper said knife mechanic is awsome, i only got 1 map also dont know why you had 2 liam but anyway prone obviously rules i didnt play that much due to my old rig not being up to scratch but what i did play i thought it was nothing like bc2 thankfully but the players were, not much organisation going on and rush isnt what battlefield is about id wish they had put a conquest map on instead. cant wait for the beta with my new machine!!

ReeceN

Silver Level Poster
Can't wait for this to come out!
Loved Battlefield since the original Codename Eagle and as usually the new one looks like another mind blowing game!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
The thing i liked most about the alpha, were the laser gun point things

laser_gun_pew_pew_pew.jpg

i was on the receiving end, and damn it looked so cool ;(

liamnic2

Super Star
i played the alpha also and it doesnt feel like bc2 the jumping mechanics are awsome sounds stupid but they feel really smooth as sapper said knife mechanic is awsome, i only got 1 map also dont know why you had 2 liam but anyway prone obviously rules i didnt play that much due to my old rig not being up to scratch but what i did play i thought it was nothing like bc2 thankfully but the players were, not much organisation going on and rush isnt what battlefield is about id wish they had put a conquest map on instead. cant wait for the beta with my new machine!!

Oh I dont have alpha lol

I have a PC version on xbox. Only problem is I have to do updates sometimes to get new things. I knew that BF3 was going to be different from BC2. I think the new suppresion system is awsome but rockets and tanks are a bit funny sometimes. Once I fired an RPG at a Bradley and it bounced back and hit the building above me and the rubble came down and crushed me into a pulp, I mean COME ON!!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
not sure tbh as the beta is open the codes are only for early entry i got mine with moh tier 1 so im not that bothered about a code from preordering bf3.

harzo

Silver Level Poster
I am guessing there may be a few spare codes doing the rounds on here anyways by the time the beta is open? :)

Last edited:

F3AR

Did you Know:

The BF3 Trailers where played on a pc, but not at max settings.

The Developers said that "they hadn't yet built a system which could run it at max settings"

Is it me, or does this sound like Crysis 1?

P.s if my SLI GTX580's dont blow BF3 away i shall weep.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Did you Know:

The BF3 Trailers where played on a pc, but not at max settings.

The Developers said that "they hadn't yet built a system which could run it at max settings"

Is it me, or does this sound like Crysis 1?

P.s if my SLI GTX580's dont blow BF3 away i shall weep.

Lol id be gutted if i couldnt play it mazed out on mine too lol

F3AR

I will find the post, but it was something like the videos where with one GTX580 and a generally high spec machine.

F3AR

The BF3 Demo was, understandably, showcased on a rather beastly PC. What better way to show off the visual prowess of the Frostbite 2 engine, right?

Interestingly, although a bit hazy on the specifics of the hardware, Patrick told us (Atomic) that the demo was played on a computer with standard high-end components and a single NVIDIA 580 Video card.

According to Patrick, the minimum requirements for running BF3 on PC are quite reasonable.
"Without going into detail, if you have a PC with equivalent hardware matching the consoles - not CPU per CPU, but matching output, thats your low spec."

He went on to claim that the computer that will be able to run BF3 on Full settings has yet to be Built.

I, i, i have no words to say..

Full topic/thread i found was here:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ield-3-trailers-wasnt-max-settings-0-0-a.html

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
half the people in that thread are idiots, claiming that a 590 not running it maxed out is hard to believe. Do they honestly expect PC developers to develop a game that can always be maxed out on release? You want a game that can look as good in 3 years as it does now, like Crysis. As our expectations of graphics increases so does the hardware and therefore crysis has always stayed really good looking.

I can quite easily see it not running on maxed out settings on a 590, depends entirely how much DX11 stuff they put in imo.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Need another reason to get excited for Battlefield 3? Co-op mode confirmed. EA announced the addition today at Gamescom with an onstage demo of two players working their way through a dark compound that led into the street. Ground and air vehicles are confirmed for the mode and so is "tight urban warfare." Look for a revival system and some ridiculous cursing and screaming from the in-game characters when the game ships this October.

[video]http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/08/16/gamescom-battlefield-3-multiplayer-trailer?objectid=14209865[/video] trailer YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS... LOOKS EPIC

The single-player game of Battlefield 3, which hasn’t had much attention so far, will be playable with a chum. The demonstration was shown on PS3, meaning it looked nowhere near as good as the trailer that followed, with the two developers pretending to not know what they were doing (and to be playing). They totally rescued a hostage! They drove a tank together! They revived each other! But there you go – co-op. In Battlefield 3. Got it? Good.

ba3b.jpg

heres some more co op gameplay (played on ps3)

[video=youtube;lt_Dj4-RJu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt_Dj4-RJu4[/video]

Last edited: