Behold - The Nemesis - has finally arrived!

LinearHD

Rising Star
I am planning to get 2 x Akasa AK-FN058 120mm Apache Military Standard Case Fans (in a push/pull) config to replace the stock and noisy fan on my CoolIT ECO ALC :) Any thoughts from any of you?

Make sure the fans aren't too powerful or they'll reduce performance :) but push/pull + Coolit ECO = win

samx300

Enthusiast
You Forgot the Cold Cathodes. :p
And is the CoolIT ECO noisy :O
Seems like i have to spend more cash again lol.
My amazon Shopping Cart is Around £80 and i haven't even added the 5.1 speakers i want, and another 24" monitor :(
lol.

I think cold cathode would be overkill :p but the CoolIT ECO does make more noise than my 2 x 200mm Megaflow at the top of the case when its on full churn! I believe the Akasa, with their S blade design and high efficiency, will do a better job..especially in push/pull. Just need to check if I have the right tools to get the job done, plus of course, I have to order the fans first!

If you're planning on getting a 5.1, aim for the Logitech Z906 B-) 500W RMS and THX Certified, that'll blow you mind!

samx300

Enthusiast
Make sure the fans aren't too powerful or they'll reduce performance :) but push/pull + Coolit ECO = win

True, thanks for the advice. I think the Akasa AK-FN058 120mm Apache will do a good job. They have a great silent design with high efficiency, and they spin between 600 -1300 RPM - which is better than the 1800 RPM on the stock CoolIT ECO :p

LinearHD

Rising Star
True, thanks for the advice. I think the Akasa AK-FN058 120mm Apache will do a good job. They have a great silent design with high efficiency, and they spin between 600 -1300 RPM - which is better than the 1800 RPM on the stock CoolIT ECO :p

they sound perfect :D

F3AR

£250 for speakers, i wish.
(Im Only 14 lol)
And yet my dad has £3000 speakers.
Also, I need your Opinions, Is the Razer Mamba a good Mouse?
Thanks!

F3AR

Just Wondering, What things do you need for the Apache Fans, Asin Just the Fans, or a fan splitter?

samx300

Enthusiast
(Im Only 14 lol)
Thanks!

Dunno about the Mamba mate, but I am now on my 4th Razer product, and they are all Class A! They've never let me down and they offer superb performance with all the flashyness of being a 'Razer' product ;)

samx300

Enthusiast
(Im Only 14 lol)
Thanks!

Correction: I had a look at the Mamba, and its a slick Mouse! :) It offers the same performance as my Lachesis (5600dpi), but it has that dual wired/wireless mode, and the docking station is pretty cool!

LinearHD

Rising Star
I'm getting a Kone [+] mouse - 6000dpi! The best looking mouse in the world at a mediocre price:

roccat_kone_plus_3.jpg

roccat-kone-plus-00.jpg

samx300

Enthusiast
Oh no it has wires get a R.A.T 9 ;)

To me, R.A.T. 9 is a complete Transformers kind of a Cyborg, lol! Its too extreme...but hey, choice is yours.. I would still stick to the looks (albeit with a cable) and go with the Kone :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
The roccat is nice i was actually going to get 1 not sure if it was that exact model but i saw a bad review or not brilliant review for it in PC Zone (why did they have to cancel my only good PC magazine and leave me with nothing to read :( ) and then i saw the R.A.T and with the adjustments it has it won me over but as you said the choice is yours :D

LinearHD

Rising Star
Yeah, the original Kone had a permenantly broken scrollwheel, so they brought out the Kone [+] (make sure when you buy it says PLUS because you could accidently order the original :D) I've done my reading up on this, and all the reviews are awesome! Youtube it for yourself haha :)

samx300

Enthusiast
The 2 x Akasa AK-FN058 120mm Apache Military Standard Fans arrived in the mail today, and so did my PWM fan Y-Splitter :) Just need to go and buy a screwdriver for the entire operation. I found the instructions below on the CoolIT forums helpful for the preparation:

"You would need a type #1 Phillips type screw driver. Most hardware stores will carry the smaller type, but as you mentioned they are usually covered in a plastic which you must remove.
The screws are standard 6/32 X 1/8 inch in length.You could find these at any hardware store."

Will post pictures on Saturday while the operation to mod my CoolIT ECO in a push/pull config is underway :)