BF3 Console Version Comparisons

Deklore

Bright Spark
No its not about the graphics. Its about the games and the players.

The general conception is that console players have a lower average age than pc players. Also alot more console players that will be playing BF3 will be CoD players giving BF a try (in some cases for the first time).

So was just wondering if anyone has actually seen or experienced both the PC and console versions of the game and if there is a major difference in how people play the game? My guess is that on average the scores will be less in general on the consoles than PC as console players are more likely to try and run and gun and failing miserably.:)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Blasphemy!

BF3 is a 16+ game. At 16 you finish school and can get a job/student loan, meaning surely they'd have a PC to play BF3 and not rely on mummies chrismas present console any longer.

Last edited:

Deklore

Bright Spark
Blasphemy!

BF3 is a 16+ game. At 16 you finish school and can get a job/student loan, meaning surely they'd have a PC to play BF3 and not rely on mummies chrismas present console any longer.

LOL!

I had no idea BF3 was a 16+ game. i guess you get to an age that that stuff dont matter anymore and it actually makes your day when you get ID at a shop.
I dont know why they put age restrictions on games when the majority that play are under the age restrictions anyway.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Console games should start having collectors editions like PC, but instead of graphic art, statues etc they could include cigaretts and alcohol, they'd get loads of sales then from all the underaged kiddos who buy console games :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
Maybe thats why the reduced the multiplayer to 24 players on the consoles.

If you had 64 young hoodies in Grand Bazaar, they would end up looting the shops as well as knifing each other...

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

If you had 64 young hoodies in Grand Bazaar, they would end up looting the shops as well as knifing each other...

Isnt it 32 on console?

Anyway age restrictions on games in the uk are simply a guideline for parents. Yeah we cant sell them in shops to underage kids, but we are pefectly within the law to sell an 18 to a parent knowing their intention is to give it to their 5 year old. This is different to alcohol, ciagarettes, even ****, where selling knwoing the intent of the adult is to "supply" a minor is illegal.

This means that kids of any age, with consent of an adult can play any game they like.

Anyway, as for console / pc thing, console is just as good as PC in my opinion, its just used for different things. If I want to chill and play games with a bunch of mates, my PC will remain off, my console will be on all evening, also for racing games in general xbox live suits it much better than PC. Now while I would agree that aiming is better on a PC for FPS and that graphics are better most of the time, I would disagree that this makes the console bad, it makes it different. I enjoy playing games as much on console as I do PC and that wont ever change.

MeveM

Bright Spark

HAHAHA!!! Oh my dear God that made me actually "lol". You just made my day xD

Deklore

Bright Spark
Isnt it 32 on console?

Anyway age restrictions on games in the uk are simply a guideline for parents. Yeah we cant sell them in shops to underage kids, but we are pefectly within the law to sell an 18 to a parent knowing their intention is to give it to their 5 year old. This is different to alcohol, ciagarettes, even ****, where selling knwoing the intent of the adult is to "supply" a minor is illegal.

This means that kids of any age, with consent of an adult can play any game they like.

Anyway, as for console / pc thing, console is just as good as PC in my opinion, its just used for different things. If I want to chill and play games with a bunch of mates, my PC will remain off, my console will be on all evening, also for racing games in general xbox live suits it much better than PC. Now while I would agree that aiming is better on a PC for FPS and that graphics are better most of the time, I would disagree that this makes the console bad, it makes it different. I enjoy playing games as much on console as I do PC and that wont ever change.
Definately 24 on console. I would have thought 32 as well. Strange considering MAG for the PS3 had 256 max. Maybe they were concerned with the amount of console players their servers could handle...

I guess with the parents buying their kids games thing, it may be down to the idea that games arent as "bad" as alcohol, ciggs or ****. Makes me wish there were figures on how many parents will buy their kids GTAV.

For the console/pc thing i was querying the difference in gameplay/gaming between the 2 formats. If the general consensus of console gamers being more immature was proven in the case of BF3.
HAHAHA!!! Oh my dear God that made me actually "lol". You just made my day xD
Touche johake. You made me actually lol with your earlier comment :)

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Battlefield is definitely best played on PC. However some things are easier on console. Switching weapons, going prone, using the 'gadgets' are all easier to do on a controller in my opinion. The only thing that is better for PC is the aiming. The amount of times I've tried to defuse an objective only to press 'D' and wander off to the right of it instead is embarrassing.

Last edited:

MeveM

Bright Spark
Battlefield is definitely best played on PC. However some things are easier on console. Switching weapons, going prone, using the 'gadgets' are all easier to do on a controller in my opinion. The only thing that is better for PC is the aiming. The amount of times I've tried to defuse an objective only to press 'E' and wander off to the right of it instead is embarrassing.

What?

Deklore

Bright Spark
Will be interesting to see what the BF3 games are like online today (more so on the consoles than the PC) with all the CoD people abandoning BF3.

Maybe i might be able to get a game where people on my team go for the objectives rather than k/d ratios for a change :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Will be interesting to see what the BF3 games are like online today (more so on the consoles than the PC) with all the CoD people abandoning BF3.

Maybe i might be able to get a game where people on my team go for the objectives rather than k/d ratios for a change :)

You need both mate :p. Kills generate ticket loss as well, and the other team's tickets only bleed if you've got 3/5 or more points taken. So as long as they're K/D ratio horny around the actual objective points, defending/attacking then they're still useful, it's the recons on the edge of the maps that don't help, and unfortunately, they're not CoD players, they're BF players.

I'm actually defending the CoD players here xD, since holding objectives etc is a common playstyle even among CoD servers. it's Rush CoD players can't play.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
You need both mate :p. Kills generate ticket loss as well, and the other team's tickets only bleed if you've got 3/5 or more points taken. So as long as they're K/D ratio horny around the actual objective points, defending/attacking then they're still useful, it's the recons on the edge of the maps that don't help, and unfortunately, they're not CoD players, they're BF players.

I'm actually defending the CoD players here xD, since holding objectives etc is a common playstyle even among CoD servers. it's Rush CoD players can't play.

You keep mentioning snipers being a problem. I honestly have had pretty much no problem at all with them, I very ocassionaly get sniped, but most of the time I get taken out by assult or support classes and close range. Snipers play a vital part in defending and attacking especially on conquest and rush, to me the only game mode where they become less useful is things like TDM.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I happily hopped in a chopper last night, sat in the right gunner seat. We took off fine, bit wobbly over the water, and just as we got over the land we got a "tone"...the pilot clearly panicked and crashed upside down...I jumped out early enough, but he "Team Killed" 2 others.

He then said in chat (to team):

"sry, fist time flyng, i play cod"

Suffice to say, I giggled :D

Deklore

Bright Spark

Yeah, i'll admit i forgot about the ticket thing when you die. Also made me realise because im not that good at these types of games, my main priority is to stay alive so as not to lose tickets.

I think people will begin to realise (if they havent already) that recon is quite a bit different in BF3 than BC2. No more ghilly suits and it takes about 3 shots to take out someone by sniping.
Reminds me of a long range exchange i had with a sniper once. I sat there with my medpack by my feet trying to take him out with my M416 while he was sniping me. He kept hitting me but i just stepped into cover for a couple seconds till my health recharged.
I knew i wasnt going to take him out but it was fun knowing he would have been frustrated like hell cos he shot me like 10 times and i wasnt dying :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
You keep mentioning snipers being a problem. I honestly have had pretty much no problem at all with them, I very ocassionaly get sniped, but most of the time I get taken out by assult or support classes and close range. Snipers play a vital part in defending and attacking especially on conquest and rush, to me the only game mode where they become less useful is things like TDM.

Yeah I know I do, to be fair, BF3 does not have this problem. BFBC2 did. It was a massive problem there and it made me log off because my team didn't push forward, just sat in our own base and sniped, basically a sniper server without actually having that type of restriction.
I haven't encountered that in BF3, probably sorted that with the lense flare, so easy to pop them off, even with a light machine gun, few taps in that general direction and they're gone.

I'm really just hoping BF3 won't turn into a BFBC2 sniper wars.

Deklore

Bright Spark
I'm really just hoping BF3 won't turn into a BFBC2 sniper wars.

I doubt it as im sure the steps taken by DICE have been geared towards toning down the "sniper" aspect of Recon and enhanced the "Recon" aspect of that class.

Even if it does, it definately wont be as bad as BFBC2