BF3 Console Version Comparisons

Jose

I don't know what it is like on the consoles, but on 64 slot servers on the pc, mortars are the equivelent of bc2 snipers o.o
I was playing op metro yday, and there where 8 people popping mortars from the back of the first defense spawn. it was ****ign outrageous XD. Can not wait untill they come out with the plug ins to limit weapons types >.>

Deklore

Bright Spark
I don't know what it is like on the consoles, but on 64 slot servers on the pc, mortars are the equivelent of bc2 snipers o.o
I was playing op metro yday, and there where 8 people popping mortars from the back of the first defense spawn. it was ****ign outrageous XD. Can not wait untill they come out with the plug ins to limit weapons types >.>

Definately not like that on the console (i have PS3 version) Ive played many matches and in all that time only seen 1 mortar. Although when they find out about mortars that may change...

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

Really? In the 14 or so hours ive played I think ive been hit once by a mortar. Ive also not seent hat many people get killed, its more a deterant to entering an are if someone is constantly firing mortars.

Dayve

You keep mentioning snipers being a problem. I honestly have had pretty much no problem at all with them, I very ocassionaly get sniped, but most of the time I get taken out by assult or support classes and close range. Snipers play a vital part in defending and attacking especially on conquest and rush, to me the only game mode where they become less useful is things like TDM.

They're a problem because they're useless. The more snipers on your team - lone wolf minded people playing a single player game - the less chance you have of winning because they're all laying down on rocks pretending to be Vasily Zaitsev.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
They're a problem because they're useless. The more snipers on your team - lone wolf minded people playing a single player game - the less chance you have of winning because they're all laying down on rocks pretending to be Vasily Zaitsev.

The mroe people there are that think like you though the less interested in playing I become. The problem is not the sniper rifles or the recon class, its simply the players themselves. If you have a problem with those players then fair enough, have a go at them, btu the sniper rifle is most deffinately not useless. Last night while defending, we had no points left to capture on conquest, several of my team mates were trying to defend the base but with enemies arrivign from all directions I was able to spot them from a distance, elt them knwo exactly where they weere advancing from and take out the odd few at the same time. I was doing a great job of defending and I will continue to do so. I dont use snipers much but to say they are "useless" is frankly an idiotic thing to say.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
@ Dave: I R RECON! DON'T HATE ME! :D I think there is a lot less of this in BF3 than BF2 and BFBC2. As stated earlier, there is a lot less sniper wars going on, AND there is a lot more reinforcement of the idea of "recon" than simply "stay at the back sniping"...at least thats what I do (I did NOT say I was good at it! :D )

@ Mortars: They suck. Its the one aspect of the game so far I really do not like. You are hence forth not allowed an opinion on mortars until you have played 64man Metro - Rush. The first area, attacking or defending, is just so silly! MORTAR WARS! or if you are like me and dont have one...MORTAR DEATH! :D

My favourite activity atm: Recon > Mini-Jeep > Zooming round, doing handbreak turns everywhere (because they are useful, not just fun!) > endeavouring to get somewhere inside the enemies current sphere of influence > KILL! (Disclaimer: Requires silencer and a good use of the sensor equipment...which doesnt always happen :D )

MeveM

Bright Spark
The mroe people there are that think like you though the less interested in playing I become. The problem is not the sniper rifles or the recon class, its simply the players themselves. If you have a problem with those players then fair enough, have a go at them, btu the sniper rifle is most deffinately not useless. Last night while defending, we had no points left to capture on conquest, several of my team mates were trying to defend the base but with enemies arrivign from all directions I was able to spot them from a distance, elt them knwo exactly where they weere advancing from and take out the odd few at the same time. I was doing a great job of defending and I will continue to do so. I dont use snipers much but to say they are "useless" is frankly an idiotic thing to say.

hoi! :p I admitted I was wrong about snipers in BF3 in another thread. they were only a problem in BFBC2. As for mortars, I've spent quite a bit of time with them since I'm a support player, they're pretty useless. You can only ever hit people who camp. Anyone that moves cannot be hit. It takes about 3+ seconds from clicking, for the grenade to hit, so it's impossible to anticipate anyones movements. I also tried spamming a common location, I always ended up getting more kills running up to the front line and killing stuff myself.

Dunno how you're having trouble with the mortars, if you are, then you're camping :p Also Mortars keep killing eachother, they take turns in being up since they're visible to eachother basically all the time.

Another thing about the mortar is that the map you're given is useless :p, you can't tell where there is a roof and where there's not.

Another thing about mortar is, whenever I choose the mortar I always find myself sitting next to a enemy tank who's looking the opposite way, and instead of blowing it up with my C4, I get my useless mortar up. Since I never swap from my C4, they're also good for blowing up people hiding behind walls.

Last edited:

Deklore

Bright Spark
Personally i dont much like snipers either and its always a joy to find one oblivious to your presence because they are too busy looking down their scope. But i am thankful to DICE knowing its difficult for them to take me out in 1 shot, so if i hear pinging bullets next to me i know i got a chance to find cover and look for that glint that gives away their position :)

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I've found the mortars absolutely useless as well, which is surprising considering the amount of people complaining that they're 'op' on reddit!

My favourite recon weapon is the shotgun with slugs and an acog scope. It's totally badass.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I've found the mortars absolutely useless as well, which is surprising considering the amount of people complaining that they're 'op' on reddit!

My favourite recon weapon is the shotgun with slugs and an acog scope. It's totally badass.

Talking about shotguns, I really want that upgrade for the tank. Who doesnt want a tank whose main barrel has been turned into a shotgun lol. Only 2 upgrades to go for me I think :D. Also thermal scope, cant wait lol.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Was wondering how you guys with the pc version of BF3 did with the Origin spyware that installs and scans your files?

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Was wondering how you guys with the pc version of BF3 did with the Origin spyware that installs and scans your files?

Was that not only the German version of Origin or something? I thought they had removed that stuff anyway? I get on fine with Origin, it just sits in the background and I don't notice it.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
yeah cant say Ive had ny problems with Origin. Actually Ive only had one problem and its only occasional, but if I go into chat in game on origin (shift + f1) when I leave im always aimed down my sight and cant zoom out again. lol Remapping the key does the trick and as I said only very occasional so some sort of glitch there.