bf3 patch and game disconnected all the time

mishra

Rising Star
Hm,

Before patch I could connected to most server's and yes if it was my first game it always displayed black screen and had to alt+f4 it, but then next one always loaded fine and there were no problems with any later games... so before patch had only problem with first game after PC restart.

Now, after patch.
Every single server I am trying it connect says either: "Game disconnected: couldn't join to the server" or "Game disconnected: no reply from the server" !!!

I have tried following:
- latest nvidia drivers
- re installing punkbuster
- verifining the game
- restarting my router

I am out of ideas.. was suspecting it is punkbuster but after reinstalling (uninstalling and reinstalling, and updating) I cannot join any server even one where punkbuster is nor running.

Anyone else having similar problems... or maybe solution? It is so annoying when this sh*t happens (I thought ruining game with patches was a WoW thing... seems many other games share the same crap)

edit: just after using latest nvidia drivers my Windows Media Center does not play any TV, I can hear the sound but screen is just black... oh dear, I hope some of developers/testers get their wages cut, cause obviously they suck big time in what they do. I'm just gonna head bed and fight this problems with fresh head tomorrow.

Last edited:

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Try disabling your anti-virus/firewall - just out of interest. You may need to add an exception, but try as disabled first.

Gorman

Author Level
Mishra your PC is crapping out because you havnt come around for a beer in about 2 years.

Simple as.

mishra

Rising Star
I have tried disabling Avast and that made no difference. Also managed to fix Windows Media Center TV by installing "beta" nvidia drivers 285.79.
Battlefield 3 is still no go :(

Mishra your PC is crapping out because you havnt come around for a beer in about 2 years.Simple as.
Yes, I know but that works both ways. You know I cannot come Hudds by car and then drink... I am no longer back in Poland :p
But I am definitely for a meet up man, just name place and time and I will be there.

Gorman

Author Level
Soon, i move house and will have a spare room.

Leave something shiny in the house to occupy caroline and come rock out in the hudds.

Problem solved.

mishra

Rising Star
Oh ace... let me know then, and will happily come to kick your ass in bf3 or whatever game you will throw at me ^^

.. but back to topic, my BF3 still is not working! MattyP you said they are working on patch to patch the patch (hehe)... any ETA? Couldn't find any information about it online.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have seen a few odd things since the update.

"You have been disconnected from EA Online"...whilst still in Origin and able to navigate around it...

"Disconnected from server" more than I used to get (usually on connecting rather than whilst playing).

Bless EA, they do know how to annoy people dont they :D

mishra

Rising Star
Hmm, been fighting this problem ever since came back from work. Reinstalled punkbuster again, updated chrome plugin, restarted router again, updated AV... and on my first try was able to join some server. Played for like 15 mins, until end of match ... and all seemed fine.
Now time for dinner, but looks like it may be fixed for me ... I hope it is, I really do... I promised myself not to buy Skyrim, cause I'm enjoying BF3 so much... If it will carry on with this disconnecting crap, will have to buy Skyrim in the end

mishra

Rising Star
Fak sake, what a bull**** that is. Trying to connect to server and for last 30 mins no joy, getting disconnected from every single one!

mishra

Rising Star
Just wait for the updated patch.

Heh it's not like I have any other choice...

It's a shame, it's Friday evening, work over, weekend ahead... and there will be no BF3.
Been on Battlelog technical forums, and there are hundreds, if not thousands of people like me (judging by post count)... so whatever EA/Dice did with the last patch... they did a pretty good job in ****ing people off.

I've decided already, if BF3 not fixed by tomorrow morning... I'm going to get myself Skyrim - and will probably wave goodbye to BF3 ... at least for now. It's not like I'm going to be missed ofc, but bloody hell I've enjoyed BF3 very much so far.