Big navi 21. PCS release info?

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Checked with livechat today, no sign of 6800xt at all. Hope we can get lucky in the next couple of weeks with shipments.

balthazar

Checked with livechat today, no sign of 6800xt at all. Hope we can get lucky in the next couple of weeks with shipments.
What do you think about the rumours that its actually a lack of gddr6 memory modules thats causing the shortages.......it would make sense considering the complete lack of boards

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
What do you think about the rumours that its actually a lack of gddr6 memory modules thats causing the shortages.......it would make sense considering the complete lack of boards
I'm not sure really, I remembered one channel was claiming the gddr6 shortage and another was dismissing it. I just think that AMD bit off more then they can chew with releasing xbox and ps5 alongside desktop cpu and gpu in the same year and can't keep up with enough 7mm nm chips to meet demand. I don't think Nvidia and Amd were ready to launch their gpu's this year and maybe both would had been better off launching it in the beginning of 2021.

balthazar

Maybe they have.....i guess the Only people that really know are AMD and they are keeping very quiet over it.
Will see what 2021 brings

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Maybe they have.....i guess the Only people that really know are AMD and they are keeping very quiet over it.
Will see what 2021 brings
Yeah it's a waiting game now. If I rush I pay dearly. The only gpu available with online shops at the moment is 3090's and they are going in for £1500 to £1750 which I know will be a waste of money. I think prices of GPU's in general wont stabilise until 2021.

Last edited:

lb_vp

i can't find too many people talking about the standard 6800, but i ordered mine on launch day and am now in the build phase.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
i can't find too many people talking about the standard 6800, but i ordered mine on launch day and am now in the build phase.
Congrats! I guess the 6800 has more stock, and definately less demand.
I don't think PCS has received any 6800 XT at all so far, unfortunately for the rest of us.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
At £35 price difference, the 6800xt is a tempting choice, but a longer wait. However it's good to know that your equally impressive 6800 build will be there before xmas. Hope you post some photos as you may be the first few to get an AMD gpu build pics in forum

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I was just thinking about the way the queing system works again - when PCS eventually do get 6800 XT's in stock they will go to the first people in the queue who also have all other components of their build in stock.

Since I have also ordered a 5900 X (on launch day), what are the chances both will be in stock at the same time? Probably fairly low considering how in demand both of these products are.
So even though I ordered both products in the first minutes of launch, it is a bit of a lottery when my build would actually go into building.

I understand that PCS want to push out the builds as fast as possible, but in this particular case where we have both new CPU's and GPU's in incredibly high demand; some people will get unlucky with the timing of the stock arrivals and will be waiting an extremely long time for their build, purely due to bad luck.

It doesn't seem like the fairest queing system given the times we are in right now.
I do understand the way they are doing it from a business perspective though, I just wanted to highlight my point of view!

PasSto

@lb_vp , mine was assembled on Thursday afternoon. The machine is with 5800x && RX6800.
It will be here on Monday (standard delivery - either it will be dispatched very early on Friday or it will be postponed after the weekend to hit the standard delivery window of Mon-Fri)

balthazar

@lb_vp , mine was assembled on Thursday afternoon. The machine is with 5800x && RX6800.
It will be here on Monday (standard delivery - either it will be dispatched very early on Friday or it will be postponed after the weekend to hit the standard delivery window of Mon-Fri)
when did you order it ?

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
Sooo jealous lol
It will happen. Mine was 54 days pre prerduction. Then just woke up to the email today saying awaiting dispatch. It's stressful and I didn't get Ex actly what i had originally ordered . But it's still a 5800x and rx 6800 so it's going to be a good pc and it's fully upgradable for years to come .

GCColes

So my order just updated to awaiting dispatch 😊😊😊😊
Great news, seems like the 6800 are starting to filter through to build and customers receiving them, wonder if the 6800xt is close behind.

I just got an email to say the Corsair 275r airflow case i selected at config is now out of stock and will hold up the build, wondering what to swap to, maybe the Corsair icue 220t or the Coolermaster Masterbox td500. Will get in touch with CS as this may be an automated email and don't want to change unnecessarily

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Just had email notification from CCL computers saying that they had limited supplies of XFX MERC 319 OC 6800XT in stock. Sold out now and really not worth £850 in my books. Hope that it is a sign of 6800XT stock may start to arrive soon to PCS and to the rest of the retailers

balthazar

Just had email notification from CCL computers saying that they had limited supplies of XFX MERC 319 OC 6800XT in stock. Sold out now and really not worth £850 in my books. Hope that it is a sign of 6800XT stock may start to arrive soon to PCS and to the rest of the retailers
I'm hoping so - with every fibre of my being lol