BSOD memory management after recent RMA

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Should i be concerned about this apc thing with nvidia drivers.
No, because it happened before you installed the chipset driver. It would not surprise me to find that the bad/missing/wrong chipset driver you had at the time was the cause.

It is always absolutely essential to be certain you have a stable and reliable operating system platform before you can do any meaningful troubleshooting, without being certain you had the correct chipset driver installed we don't know whether your operating system was stable.

Obviously if it BSODs again upload the dump.... :)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
The triage dump analysis blames this on hardware (RAM) but I'm not so sure. You said initially you'd done a clean install, but just now you're saying you manually installed the chipset driver (after the BSOD)? When you did the reinstall then, from where did you source all the drivers? Did you run Windows Update until no more updates were found?

The process in control at the time of the bug check was chrome.exe. The stack trace for the active thread is interesting, it shows a user APC being started and scheduled (an APC is a function that executes asynchronously from the thread that started it), then the thread exits, the owning process (chrome.exe) is stopped and the address space cleanup started. The bug check occurs after all the page tables have been updated and when the address space itself is removed (nt!MiDeleteVa+0x153a). That doesn't feel like a RAM error to me, though it could still be of course.

In the list of driver calls made by the active thread there is an error for the Nvidia graphics driver (nvlddmkm.sys)...
Code:
ffffaf81`f20eb8d8  fffff801`9e8814b1 Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5be8de9f3373beaf\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
nvlddmkm+0x1c14b1

...so it's far from impossible that the root cause of this BSOD was either the graphics driver or the graphics card itself. Perhaps the APC was related to cleaning up the graphics driver and that failed?

It's all moot really because you've changed the chipset driver since the dump. It would be very useful to know how you reinstalled Windows, from where you sourced the drivers and why you needed to install the chipset driver manually...?
I'll tell you something - you really scare me sometimes @ubuysa - not in the way that @SpyderTracks scares me though - it's different.

Spydertracks is sort of like:

BE.jpg

Where you're more like:

EE.jpg

What an amazing resource you are to the forum here. Bravo old chap (or Old Lady - I don't know!) I say!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
What a nice thing to say. Thank you! :)

And it's old man - emphasis on the old too. Old is another word for experienced though..... ;)
@SpyderTracks - I feel compelled to include a disclaimer here - I don't actually think you're scary in a shouty, pointy way. Quite the opposite! It's your Avatar most likely.....I don't like spiders......

Last edited:

Quarter

Silver Level Poster
No, because it happened before you installed the chipset driver. It would not surprise me to find that the bad/missing/wrong chipset driver you had at the time was the cause.

It is always absolutely essential to be certain you have a stable and reliable operating system platform before you can do any meaningful troubleshooting, without being certain you had the correct chipset driver installed we don't know whether your operating system was stable.

Obviously if it BSODs again upload the dump.... :)
Yh my initial thought after the bsod was did i install the chipset properly so after i installed it from asus i believed it wsnt done properly the first time.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yh my initial thought after the bsod was did i install the chipset properly so after i installed it from asus i believed it wsnt done properly the first time.
Well lets see what the new RAM brings. It's a common misconception that the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code always means a RAM problem, it's commonly a driver error, though bad RAM is a distinct possibility. :)

Quarter

Silver Level Poster
Well lets see what the new RAM brings. It's a common misconception that the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code always means a RAM problem, it's commonly a driver error, though bad RAM is a distinct possibility. :)
Ye hopefully, it fixes because it will like the 5th clean install done this poor computer.

Quarter

Silver Level Poster
Ye hopefully, it fixes because it will like the 5th clean install done this poor computer.
New ram came today , i have been running the pc for a couple hours now downloaded icue and some other applications that i was worried about before and everything so far seems to be running smoothly. double check updates and ran another sfc/scannow for corrupted files. I will now just use the computer for a week and hopefully that is it with me and system issues.

Quarter

Silver Level Poster
@ubuysa i got this . in the morning The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffca9540001508, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8004da4c96d, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 2daeaa78-627a-4b11-bd16-1a67f3fc636d.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ty how do i do that sorry!
Let's see whether your account is a member of the Administrator group. Go to Settings > Accounts and you'll see your login id displayed. Underneath your photo is your name, your login id, and whether you're an administrator. If it says Administrator underneath your login ID then you are an Administrator....

The uploaded Application log is useless - all it contains is the bug check! How am I supposed to figure out what might be the problem if I can't see ALL your log entries?

Also, if it's been running just fine for 2 to 3 weeks then what did you change recently?

TBH if you're having the problems you say you are uploading a memory dump then I would question the stability of your Windows system. What have you changed there??

Quarter

Silver Level Poster
Let's see whether your account is a member of the Administrator group. Go to Settings > Accounts and you'll see your login id displayed. Underneath your photo is your name, your login id, and whether you're an administrator. If it says Administrator underneath your login ID then you are an Administrator....

The uploaded Application log is useless - all it contains is the bug check! How am I supposed to figure out what might be the problem if I can't see ALL your log entries?

Also, if it's been running just fine for 2 to 3 weeks then what did you change recently?

TBH if you're having the problems you say you are uploading a memory dump then I would question the stability of your Windows system. What have you changed there??
uhh i havent changed anything i recently downloaded csgo, but nothing other then that, again i apologise i was just trying to follow the BSOD thing on the foroumn

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
it says im an admin.
Then if you can't access the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to upload it to the cloud there is a problem with your Windows system.

Can you post a screenshot of whatever messages you're getting when you try to upload it to the cloud please?

Also, open an elevated command prompt or PowerShell session and run the sfc /scannow command.

Quarter

Silver Level Poster
Then if you can't access the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to upload it to the cloud there is a problem with your Windows system.

Can you post a screenshot of whatever messages you're getting when you try to upload it to the cloud please?

Also, open an elevated command prompt or PowerShell session and run the sfc /scannow command.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Attachments

• 348f5b7599569f4860cb991296c89d9d.png
    348f5b7599569f4860cb991296c89d9d.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 139