BSoD...

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
I have recently bought my PC and every now and then it will buzz then freeze and blue screen of death and automatically reboot, is the HDD faulty?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If you have already tried updating the GPU driver &/or a previous drivers have a look in event viewer,
it may give you a clue to the problem.
Go to control panel(All control panel items)/performance information and tools/click advanced tools on the left hand side/view performance details in event log.
this will take you to diagnostics-performance events & boot and shutdown events.
If nothing obvious showing there,at the top of the tree on the left hand side,click on custom views/administrative events.
You might get more information that points to something by selecting details/Friendly & XML view,in the event viewer.
you could also try selecting "event log online"at the bottom of the page.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
I have done that and just seen about 70 events, about 5 critical, 1 error and the rest warnings

v3ooau.png

There's a picture...

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Doesn't help much,what is the error showing on the bsod,
If the PC restarts too quick for you to see it,disable automatic restart.
to do this type SYSDM.CPL in the Start Search box.
Click the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery"
Uncheck the option Automatically Restart.
for example error messages such as "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" would point to a driver issue.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFF89
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF960001F5B41
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101511-36519-01.dmp
C:\Users\LegionOf1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52728-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
At this point I am wondering what the policy is on refunds, how long do I get to claim a refund etc?

I am thinking this £2000 would of been better spent on a car or towards one.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Here's a picture of some of the blue screen errors, I have been trying to fix it for hours now....

34odcow.png

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would suggest you do a clean install,instructions are given in the welcome booklet,
install &/or update drivers & update windows.
If the problem persists it's probably a hardware fault,
in which case give tech support a call on monday.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
So I ran memtest86 last night for 5 hours, came back with 333 errors and around 4 passes, so I am assuming my problem is my RAM?

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
I will do but would the problem with the RAM also cause a buzzing sound when playing games and then shortly after a freeze and blue screen?

I thought that sounds like a GPU dying.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Problem now worse, when I load up I get to the starting Windows part and after that its a black screen so I hear the login screen load and type my password all I see is my desktop wallpaper no icons etc, I can't even open programs, I run in safe mode and it shows everything fine, I am typing this from my phone unfortunately....... sigh

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Problem maybe not worse,if it's starting in safemode it's probably driver or other software related.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Have you only tried 1 of the sticks of ram on it's own or all of them ? also have you tried the ram in a different slot on the motherboard ?

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Thanks to Matthew and Jack for the help, apparently it's my graphics card and another one will be with me Wednesday so hopefully I can fit it etc after work and have some gaming time, thanks for the help all and I will report back. ( hopefully on my computer and not my phone )

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Still getting the same problem, everytime I install the most recent driver I get no screen and no icons.... I will try one more thing and if it doesn't work I will have to ring them.