BSOD!!

nav112

Gold Level Poster
lol, i only have a few games installed from steam, steam, hwmonitor, discord and spotify on my pc atm, i dont get much time to use and its only for gaming

nav112

Gold Level Poster
its a shame google doesnt help, all i get is some stuff about sfc/scannow fixing the problem

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This error tends to be related to hardware / driver incompatiblity or corruption.

Have you installed any new USB devices recently?

nav112

Gold Level Poster
I updated my pc and soon as the display driver installed I bsod, it was so fast it went away instantly and my pc reboot

nav112

Gold Level Poster
my amd software now says this when i try open
1633720339178.png

nav112

Gold Level Poster
thank you. I've looked around and the information given about bsods online is questionable... To say the least. Theres a lot of advertising of "driver updater" software, but I know better not to download those.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The stop code in the dump is indeed MAXIMUM_WAIT_OBJECTS_EXCEEDED, what that is telling you is that some code (most likely a driver since this is a kernel error) has exceeded the number of objects it's allowed to wait on. Waiting is a synchronisation technique so that a program can say things like 'wait until this event happens' and of course it's possible for a program to be waiting for many events - hence the Wait For Multiple Objects. In the main this is most likely a coding error, a bug. One of the objects that it's common to wait on is a locked object, locks are used to serialise the use of shared resources.

The dump indicates that the process in control at the time of the error was Discord.exe (there are sevarl Discord processes running on your system, this one is at address 0xffffd38b6b973080) . The stack trace for the active thread isn't terribly helpful, it shows the kernel being entered and then three WaitForMultipleObjects function calls before we get a bug check.

Because a lock is a common object to wait on I checked the active locks in your dump and there is one exclusive lock held (exclusive means other threads that want to use the resource have to wait for the current thread to finish). The lock is held by another Discord.exe process (this one at address 0xffffd38b77de4080) and the contention count (the number of other threads trying to obtain the lock is 35534001, which is huge).

I've no idea whether Discord installs a kernel driver (it might) but this does rather look like a Discord bug. It seems that one Discord process is holding a lock that another Discord process is waiting on? I'd suggest you either stop Discord from running, or better still completely uninstall it, and then see whether the BSOD can be reproduced?

The other thing I'd check is the status of your AMD chipset drivers and the AMD Radeon graphics driver, it's far from impossible that these are out of date and contributing to the problem. Visit the AMD driver website at https://www.amd.com/en/support.

The dump doesn't really show any other issues at all I'm afraid.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Ok. My chipset is fully updated as of yesterday night, and i did a complete reinstall of amd radeon 21.8.2 (latest stable version) this morning
Is it correct to say this is a software error and my pc is not dying (that would be quite bad as its only 1 year old). I uninstalled discord and once i have played for a few hrs i will close game, go to yt and see if the crash happens again.