BSOD!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok. My chipset is fully updated as of yesterday night, and i did a complete reinstall of amd radeon 21.8.2 (latest stable version) this morning
Is it correct to say this is a software error and my pc is not dying (that would be quite bad as its only 1 year old). I uninstalled discord and once i have played for a few hrs i will close game, go to yt and see if the crash happens again.
Discord is notorious for crashes.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
I remember i tabbed into discord while the yt vid was running and then my screen froze, audio went crazy and i crashed

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Ok, so we have got down to the source of the problem, is it worth reinstalling discord or just leaving it off my system

Bhuna50

Author Level
Ok, so we have got down to the source of the problem, is it worth reinstalling discord or just leaving it off my system
Depends how much you use and rely on it for your gaming. You can try but just be aware mid-raid you go to speak and freeze 😂

nav112

Gold Level Poster
ok, i use discord 9/10 times im on my pc so i will try and sort out the crashing
i think a full reinstall will do it, i also had multiple processes running of the same app which is bound to cause some issues in hindsight :) that was an accident and when i closed them its evident they didnt full close (task manager showed them running)

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Well, get this. I just opened discord for first time this morning and bsod straightaway haha

nav112

Gold Level Poster
I just reinstalled discord and its working atm, (only differnce was i used revo unintaller to complete uninstall all leftover)

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Hey all. I left my pc idle today to update a game on steam, came back and it was mid reset so i assumed bsod, checked logs and it Bluescreened and made a dump. I will upload dump
1634478349548.png
now.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Quad Core CPU with Vega Graphics (3.6GHz-4.0GHz/6MB CACHE/AM4)
Change to: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad Core CPU (3.6GHz-3.9GHz/18MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Here is specs

nav112

Gold Level Poster
I was gaming on the pc before and it was all fine, i closed game, started update, went afk and it crashed.