Can't re-install windows :(

rebon

Hello Guy's.
I got a new pc from PCS and been running ok, I messed up my windows a little and though oh well I will do a clean install. I have done this many times before on previous pc's no problem.

However I start the install process with the windows 7 dvd in the drive, everything is looking good until i reach the first screen where you need to select the language to proceed.

I cant proceed because the mouse and keyboard just wont respond so Im stuck on this screen forever unless abourt the process :(
Obviously this is not good because it means I will nevere be able to do a clean install if or when i need/want to.

It's kind a strange because both the keyboard and the mouse work ok in the existing windows environment? That's where I am typing thiod now.

I would think that the usb controler on the motherboard must be the culprit? But I just dont no.
Has anyone got a fix? I have already emailed tech support.

thx...rob

Windows 7
ASUS® P8Z68-V/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
500GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache (7200rpm)
Mouse and keyboard bog standard wired usb.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Which usb port are you using, the one you are using may not work for the installation process (prior to motherboard drivers) Try a different usb port.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If Frenchy's suggestion doesn't work try this,
from your existing system,
type in recovery in the search box and then hit enter to launch Recovery window,
or open "Recovery" from control panel,
Click "Advanced Recovery methods".
In the Advanced Recovery window select "Reinstall Windows (requires Windows installation disc)"

Last edited:

rebon

Never thought of that one Frenchy, anyhow worked a treat many thanks' got a fresh install :) thx guys :) Also thx vanthus for your help :)