Case decision!?

MrJaek

Hey everyone, im getting a new pc for Uni and was wondering what case people would suggest.

i really want a decent quiet case as im going to be in a small room for a lot of my time and i dont really fancy a turbine engine a couple of feet away from me...

i reeeally like the cosmos 1000 pure, any feedback on something like that? because that case is beautiful!

help appreciated!! :)
x

Teaz

Godlike
well depends how much your willing to spend on the case. The cosmo is a real big case, thats if thats not a problem in the small room.

Havent seen the cosmos 1000 pure before but heard a the same news again from time that the original cosmos was better than the Pure.

The Fractical R3 is a really quiet case that you could look into.

Gorman

Author Level
For quiet it has to be the Fractal or Sileo.

For looks and features its the 650D, some people like the haf's but they are average on the noise levels.

The cosmos is a great big beast which will make a racket.

MrJaek

The cosmos pure is exactly the same as the original cosmos but all in black, and thats is why i love it, that and its suppost to be very quiet with everything having anit-vibration grommets and what not, plus the noise insulation on the side panels. I also want to go SLi, thats why i was wondering if anyone had any experience with one because the ventalation is suppost to be suprisingly good (apart from the HDD cooling but i can add an extra fan for that).

Thr fractal is also up there on my list, just want to no if the cosmos was worth the extra cash! :(

Gorman

Author Level
I owned a Cosmos 1000 back in the day. Swapped it for a Sileo if i remember as i wanted something quieter.

Temps were ok on the Cosmos, as always it depends what you do with it. Stock performance was average really for cases that size. It is a bit huge.

MrJaek

Just decided to break out the tape measure nd have a look... it is a beast!

so would you suggest maybe the fractal?

i really liked the look of the black cosmos :(

Gorman

Author Level
Personally i cant bring myself to recommend anything other than the 650D at the moment. I am in love.

But yeah the fractal is a good solid case.

liamnic2

Super Star
Go for CM690

Its a nice size, for you.
Its quiet.

If you can afford a bigger case then go for a case that has not alot of fans but big fans. I.e, the HAF X, its not got alot of fan slots but since the fans are big in size, they take in alot of air at the low noise level, and it has dust filters everywhere so your pc takes in alot less dust :)

If your looking for a simple, quiet and dust proof. Then I recommend, from my own knowledge, these 3 cases.

1.CM690 - stylish, good simple size, good dust proofing.
2.Antec 902 - Stylish, nice compact size, good dust proofing, and If I remember right there are fan controllers on the case. That way, if your not really doing anything intensitive, just turn the fans down = less noise
3. FRACTAL - quiet, small, got lots of bays to store drives etc..., not so sure on the dust proofing.

If I were you I would go for the CM690, its an average case which ticks every box :)

Gorman

Author Level
I liked the looks of mine but had to mod it a little to get some neat cable management. This case has been around for a long time in various reincarnations.

4368631187_ed66ca20e9.jpg

4368636783_3b20ca6b3e.jpg

4368639499_c7f59c2d69.jpg

As the 690 has been mentioned, heres some pics of an original 690 i built last year.

4503365833_abab8cea03.jpg

4503366833_3a90a9b29c.jpg

4401807789_7109a6bbe0.jpg

MrJaek

to me the cosmos looks alot nicer, and im also looking at the all black one which would look even nicer, though the size may be an issue, but i will find out my limitations soon (hopefully tomorrow), got a nice kitted out fractal r3? would love to see my 2nd choice case in all its glory :)

Flucky

I know little about desktops, and I'm not buying one myself, but get the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Black Gaming Case! It's so good looking!