Case stock issue and live support issue

duckymoo

Ordered PC around 9 or 10 working days ago and got an email saying the case (Maelstrom T900) was out of stock and an order had been put down for them, ETA 1st September. That's fine I guess, it was only going to be a few more working days wait.

Then I get an email today saying that the new ETA for stock of this case is 10-10-2011.
Wait ...what? Where on Earth are these cases being ordered from? (No really, literal question, even if it was being delivered from Australia via boat, it wouldn't take that long)

So I figured I would use the live support, it's had plenty of nice comments said about it in the forums. ~50 minutes of waiting later I finally get a message from the system saying I was in queue position 1 and would only have to wait two more mins and a representative has been reserved for me. "Finally...." I say to myself.

Then when the two minutes passed the representative left the conversation immediately, didn't say a single word, didn't give me a chance to state my problem and didn't give any indication they were there.

I *could* just go on 'amend order' and change the case to a different one (even if it's slightly more expensive) but I wanted to make sure that the case I eventually pick is also in stock so I don't have to wait for my 50th birthday before getting a new shipment of the cases.

/mini rant over
What should I do, folks?
Anyone else had problems like this?

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Phoning the support line would be the best option really, you can check the call waiting times before you do so you'll at least have an idea of how long you'll be on hold for.

As for the ETA on the case changing, this is probably something out of PCS's control. I've had a number of instances ordering for work and personal equipment where I've had to wait months because the suppliers I'd ordered from just couldn't get the stock.

smeith

Ordered PC around 9 or 10 working days ago and got an email saying the case (Maelstrom T900) was out of stock and an order had been put down for them, ETA 1st September. That's fine I guess, it was only going to be a few more working days wait.

Then I get an email today saying that the new ETA for stock of this case is 10-10-2011.
Wait ...what? Where on Earth are these cases being ordered from? (No really, literal question, even if it was being delivered from Australia via boat, it wouldn't take that long)

So I figured I would use the live support, it's had plenty of nice comments said about it in the forums. ~50 minutes of waiting later I finally get a message from the system saying I was in queue position 1 and would only have to wait two more mins and a representative has been reserved for me. "Finally...." I say to myself.

Then when the two minutes passed the representative left the conversation immediately, didn't say a single word, didn't give me a chance to state my problem and didn't give any indication they were there.

I *could* just go on 'amend order' and change the case to a different one (even if it's slightly more expensive) but I wanted to make sure that the case I eventually pick is also in stock so I don't have to wait for my 50th birthday before getting a new shipment of the cases.

/mini rant over
What should I do, folks?
Anyone else had problems like this?

I got the exact same E-mails. lies.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

Sorry but would you care to explain that statement?

To me it sounds like you said you recieved the same emails which duckymoo recieved? If that is correct then how is the second sentence correct? Surely if it is out of stock for one customer then it is also out of stock for every other customer who doesnt yet have a case allocated? By that reasoning id expect any company to send out an email to all those affected letting them know.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster

In ducky's post (which btw was a perfectly reasonable explanation/question/frustration) where did PCS lie? As Tudor pointed out, any business that runs on stock levels can have this happen. If PCS don't make it, it comes from somewhere else.

If PCS do ever lie to you, do come back and tell us.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The email that you all received was sent just a few hours before a 40 foot container of these cases landed. Therefore we have lot's of stock now :D

10th October is when the next 40 foot container lands...

Our live support is active, but we did have problems with the yesterday, so apologies if anyone received extended waiting times.

duckymoo

At first I couldn't tell if "lies" was directed at me or PCS at first :sweatdrop:
So I went over the emails I received and spotted this in the 1st email:

PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE - Stock is overdue since 00-00-0000.

Obviously that date doesn't exist so it's a minor error so I guess there's always the possibility that the latest email which stated:

PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE - Stock is now due in on 10-10-2011.

may also have a minor mistake, such as it may have meant to say 10th September?
Either way, I've calmed down somewhat now :) I was a little frustrated at 1st since I require the PC for a masters degree course starting in a couple of weeks but as Tudor said, these things happen when it comes to stock

EDIT: ah, PCS got the answer typed up before I got this post typed up, all things are A-OK it seems.
(this is what happens when duckymoo gets emails like this when he's just woken up, it's the end of the world as far as he's concerned lol :p)

Last edited:

smeith

an email saying the case (Maelstrom T900) was out of stock and an order had been put down for them, ETA 1st September.
the email containing the above quote was a lie. the plural comes from duckymoo's and my own experience. 2x lie = lie's

also some additional information; i changed my case to a more expensive alternative which i have already paid the difference for.
immediately after i had done this PCS cancelled my finance option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
the email containing the above quote was a lie. the plural comes from duckymoo's and my own experience. 2x lie = lie's

also some additional information; i changed my case to a more expensive alternative which i have already paid the difference for.
immediately after i had done this PCS cancelled my finance option.

I dont see it as a lie at all. Theyre giving dates based on what their suppliers tell them. If there is a delay in delivery or a shortage of a product, it doesnt make the original quote a lie, especially as they promptly emailed you to let you know of the changes.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
an email saying the case (Maelstrom T900) was out of stock and an order had been put down for them, ETA 1st September.

You do know that in this context, ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival, right? And as PCS have confirmed, they received stock of these cases today, only 1 day overdue from the estimated time that would have likely been given to them by the supplier. I hardly see how you could say they have lied to you and Ducky.

The finance issue however, is a different matter and your best option would be to call PCS.

scomil

I too am also waiting for that case. The PCS guys (do any girls work there?) have kept me informed when ever possible about my order. Top marks.
I must confess to feeling slightly sick earlier after reading the email sent to me regarding the offending item.
But all my negative thoughts were washed away of the thought that one day....soon, it will be MINE!
Muhaaahaaaaahaaaaarrrgh.

The whole live chat thing is hit-and-miss in my opinion. But any email I have sent has been replied too. I just can't fit the time in to call PCS from work.

Vive la Resistance

EDIT. Just noticed a container has arrived! Whoop.

smeith

I changed back to my original case choice. Anyone got any ideas on when my desktop might actually start fabrication and/or be delivered?

I have messaged PCS on this issue over an hour ago but no reply yet.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I changed back to my original case choice. Anyone got any ideas on when my desktop might actually start fabrication and/or be delivered?

I have messaged PCS on this issue over an hour ago but no reply yet.

No one on here will be able to tell you, we can guess all we like but withotu actually seeing the order queue etc its very hard to tell. Be patient, its only been an hour, they deal with hundreds of orders a day and many many more emails.