Check this spec . let me know what you think

-Silent-

hey guys, i'm new to pcs and applyed for finance on a pc.....but i'll get it ;) and heres the spec.. let me know what you think. its for some pc games and college works and editing, budget was like £26 a month so here it is

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8H61-M LE/USB3 (NEW REV 3.0): M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti - DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£19)
Mouse NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) Logitech® PC Headset 960 USB Digital stereo with in-line volume control (£17)
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Home Installation NONE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days
Miscellaneous FREE Need For Speed™ World Starter Pack with any Nvidia® GTS450 or above!
Pricing Information
Price (excluding VAT) £731.67

rate it :)

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
It's a very good config. I'd perhaps recommend switching to 4gb ram, unless the editing is proper hardcore video/photo editing? 8gb just isn't really needed if it's just basic stuff lol. The PSU is a bit low, it's decent, but you might want to increase it to say 500w just incase you upgrade something in the future, or for overcolciong headroom, or just headroom in general.

Nemesis

I will second what both have said
Improve the HDD
Improve the PSU
Ram could be lowered down to 4GB for Gaming and occasional non HD video and photo editing.
Though by editing i guess you mean video/photo editing in which case maybe youd be best off sticking with 8GB

Teaz

Godlike
Easy on the guy lol..

I went over with it with him and personaly he said he has a very tight budget. I did recommend and suggested him the swap in the HDD for the caviar black including a bigger psu but it went over his budget limit which was very difficult. Its fine for him to stick with the ATA standard drive even though its not as fast as the Caviars but its better than nothing after all and it has a tolerable performence so its okay to have the normal ATA drive.

The psu indeed a good for a bigger for breathing space and extra things to be added in future but budget is tight and the psu is good enough to hold its own with a small amount of breathing space.

He is aware of the psu aswel as the hdd but he will decide on those in near future down the road :)

As for the ram its fine to leave it on 8gb just for future proof reasons as he will have to upgrade it sooner or later down the road. His usage is gaming along with some IT along with some lite editing work so its a safe zone with 8gb of ram, better than where it stands than downgrading :)

Other than that i don't think there could be any changes to his spec. its balanced for him to hold for the years and inbetween that time, he can upgrade along the way if needed whan chances come to him :)

Last edited:

-Silent-

thanks for the constructive feedback guys, and my mum is now paying for computer so i will alot more money to buy upgrades regualrly. :)

and i choose the 8gb ram is a must as im on a 4gb ram now and when i open up sony vegas and google and about 3 other apps then it takes it time alot so i will be upgrading the computer regullay and i will do a unboxing video to show u all ;)

But the one problem i have is opening the app for the fourm to buy the pc on finance?
could someone please help me on how to open it?

Teaz

Godlike
it should let you do the Finance option once you click the "buy" button an follow the instructions then fill out the details.

-Silent-

i replyed the details... my fourm was sent off but it says you will get a app in the post.. or download one.. my finance app was sucessfull so im unsure what that means as im getting a fourm in the post too

Fear

Prolific Poster
It just means you will get a confirmation form in the post that you will have to check fill in and return to the adress for the financers unless you download it then you can send off sooner.

Fear

Prolific Poster
is it a zipped file ? if so you can get a free trial of winrar give me a few minutes i will have a look for the link

Fear

Prolific Poster
Sorry can't help there i only use my clans vent, what are you stuck on you can pm me if you need to.

LFFPicard

Godlike
The finance documents should be in PDF format.
The instruction should tell you to download Acrobat Reader if you don't have it, it's free and can be found here: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ - If i remember rightly you can either print of the form fill it out and post it back, or you can fax it.

Hope this helps.