computer wont switch on?

MadMan

Super Star
hi, I tried switching my pc on today but it wouldn't come on. The motherboard power led is green when i switch the psu on but nothing else does. I used a different power cord and unplugged all cables but still nothing.

paul1224

Sounds like it could be a faulty PSU.
It might be giving enough power for the motherboard LED light but not enough to actually power the PC and the components.
If you have one I would recommend testing the PSU to check the power it is giving.

MadMan

Super Star
I dont have the equipment to test the psu. It was working last night and its only a month old.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
gutted dude,

not sure if it will help or not, but check that all the cables are seated into each other properly

MadMan

Super Star
thanks mate, I have been checking all the cables and have removed hdd, ram and gpu but still wont come on.

MadMan

Super Star
might be the motherboard then mate, let us know what pcs say.

Spoke with Jack Turner this morning and a new corsair 650w psu has been dispatched. I haven't installed a psu before but I have to try as its the quickest solution. I'd like to say thanks to Jack Turner as he has been very helpful.

paul1224

Hopefully it's just that PSU then.
Its relatively easy to install a PSU and to take out the old one but there are quite a few wires to navigate at times!
Hope it gets sorted.

PokerFace

Banned
Spoke with Jack Turner this morning and a new corsair 650w psu has been dispatched. I haven't installed a psu before but I have to try as its the quickest solution. I'd like to say thanks to Jack Turner as he has been very helpful.

I guess you will try this first, but just in case..just connect the new psu up first and give it a try, rather than fully installing it and finding out later that it's something else!

Good luck.

MadMan

Super Star
Thanks guys, it could be the motherboard but the led comes on so I'm not sure. Im gonna ring PCS on monday morning.

MadMan

Super Star
rang pcs today so someone should come and pick it up tomorrow. Its frustrating but atleast im getting my maths courswork done etc :rockon: