cpu at 90c according to speed fan ?

MadMan

Super Star
I got the pc on Wednesday and the fans are quite noisy so I downloaded speedfan and its shows the cpu temp at 90c? I have the triple copper cooler.

Untitled.jpg

NMEBowen

Master Poster
is that idle or were you running something cpu intensive before you ran the test? I normally idle at 31c but thats amd and they do tend to run quite cool.

Corfate

Author Level
Is it possible that the Tripple copper cooler is slightly loose? If you shut down your pc and open it up, does the copper cooler have and give in it? (can you wiggle it around alot? It should be pretty stiff). My CPU usually runs at around 38-40c

Ps, ground yourself first on your case/psu

MadMan

Super Star
ok I downloaded HW monitor which shows high temps for my cpu and high fan speed but the temps of the cores are ok? Are they two different things? Have a look below please Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i imagine the core nes are more accurate, open the case and just put your hand in, just to get a feel of the temps, if its really hot it may be a problem if its around 30 youre ok

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If the CPU is overheating you will soon know because the computer will shutdown.
As for putting your hand inside to gauge the temperature,I can only assume that to be a windup.:)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I Use the asus software that came with the motherboard to monitor the cpu temp/fan speed.

Asus Probe II. Also has a ton of other features too.

Gorman

Author Level
The fan noise can be adjusted, you want q-fan profile in BIOS.

Set it to your liking, enable it first. If there is a temp issue your PC will let you know.

MadMan

Super Star
I Use the asus software that came with the motherboard to monitor the cpu temp/fan speed.

Asus Probe II. Also has a ton of other features too.

Thanks Ill look for the cd now.

The fan noise can be adjusted, you want q-fan profile in BIOS.

Set it to your liking, enable it first. If there is a temp issue your PC will let you know.
I changed it a few days ago to silent but it hasnt made a difference :/

Gorman

Author Level
I changed it a few days ago to silent but it hasnt made a difference :/

Maybe it is running hot then, there is a simple way to get a definative answer though as the temp readings seem to be odd.

Prime95 it and see what happens, prime fails or the PC crashes theres an issue, if not we look elsewhere for why the fans are ramped up.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
@madman, what cpu cooler do you have? and how fast is the fan spinning? asus probe II will tell you this.

tom

MadMan

Super Star
Maybe it is running hot then, there is a simple way to get a definative answer though as the temp readings seem to be odd.

Prime95 it and see what happens, prime fails or the PC crashes theres an issue, if not we look elsewhere for why the fans are ramped up.

ok thanks will do.

@madman, what cpu cooler do you have? and how fast is the fan spinning? asus probe II will tell you this.

I have the TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER. This is a screenshot of probe II.
tom

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
probably something to do with the settings which makes it go to a certain speed at certain temps, yours may just be set at full speed when above 30c, wouldnt know how to change this though, sorry :/