current build is in testing already after less than a day O.o thoughts on the spec :D

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
duel monitor setup, "off monitor - i.e. not main one is HP 22f Ultraslim Full HD Monitor and my main one is Lenovo L24e-30 23.8 inch FHD Gaming Monitor both display at 60Hz i am mainly just interested in playing WoW and steam games of varying requirements (indie to current AAA titles) 1080P as i have a series X, and PS5 for my major gaming needs.

if theres any other info your after please let me know i think ive responded as well as i can
So yeah your GPU is going to be massively hamstrung by both of those monitors, the GPU will barely break a sweat

It's like buying a Ferrari and putting wooden wheels on it, essentially you've taken the most expensive part of the build the GPU and made it close to useless by pairing it up with a monitor that's just not going to be able to display what it's capable of putting out

So yeah your GPU is going to be massively hamstrung by both of those monitors, the GPU will barely break a sweat

It's like buying a Ferrari and putting wooden wheels on it, essentially you've taken the most expensive part of the build the GPU and made it close to useless by pairing it up with a monitor that's just not going to be able to display what it's capable of putting out
I'll be updating my monitors soon down the line though , the pc was the important bit first :)

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I have updated my cooling to the "CORSAIR H100x RGB ELITE HIGH PERFORMANCE CPU COOLER"
You need to share the config link as per the linked posts so people can edit your config as your storage isn’t really up to it.
I'll be updating my monitors soon down the line though , the pc was the important bit first :)
You might want to consider your storage, would normally be better with 500GB for OS and secondary 1 or 2TB for games etc

I would honestly post you full spec as it is now with the config. link at the bottom (as detailed in earlier posts) then the guys can check for any glaring anomalies and correct before its too late

After all no point asking for advice unless you are going to take it?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I would honestly post you full spec as it is now with the config. link at the bottom (as detailed in earlier posts) then the guys can check for any glaring anomalies and correct before its too late
if the title of the post is correct, it's already too late, as by now its probably packed and with DPD

You need to share the config link as per the linked posts so people can edit your config as your storage isn’t really up to it.

You might want to consider your storage, would normally be better with 500GB for OS and secondary 1 or 2TB for games etc

After all no point asking for advice unless you are going to take it?
I'm running on a tight budget though so what i have above is what i can afford, i mean £2450 is extortionate as it is

Last edited by a moderator:

RichLan564

Bright Spark
do you mind if i ask in what areas? so i know for future :)
Well, as above it's probably too late now as it probably already on a carrier but from the info you have given you are probably over on CPU, certainly over on Motherboard and RAM and under on drives and PSU, you also don't need the MX4 if you have gone with Corsair cooling

As has been said if you had posted the config. link somebody with more experience than me would have made suggestions (the guys on this forum are incredibly helpful and knowledgable if given the correct info) although i think the suggestion from scratch would have been go AMD not Intel, but hey, it's your money!

Well, as above it's probably too late now as it probably already on a carrier but from the info you have given you are probably over on CPU, certainly over on Motherboard and RAM and under on drives and PSU, you also don't need the MX4 if you have gone with Corsair cooling

As has been said if you had posted the config. link somebody with more experience than me would have made suggestions (the guys on this forum are incredibly helpful and knowledgable if given the correct info) although i think the suggestion from scratch would have been go AMD not Intel, but hey, it's your money!
thanks for the info, i dont have the PC currently its in quality control now so its not with me yet

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All is not necessarily lost, as you have 14 days to return it, no questions asked as explained here, then you cold come on here having read this and answer the questions it raises and someone will come up with a spec to give you you the best possible bang for your buck

All is not necessarily lost, as you have 14 days to return it, no questions asked as explained here, then you cold come on here having read this and answer the questions it raises and someone will come up with a spec to give you you the best possible bang for your buck

forgive me, i didnt realise there were "helpful tips" thread :) i just copied my custom build and pasted it in here :D ill have a look see how it works while on and decide :0