Cyberpunk 2077

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
43GB download for the update. Quite a few fixes included and one or two new features.

FLpmAhUWQAUDGSx

Full 1.5 patch notes here!
That's a biggy!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Well colour me impressed. I am just reading through the patch notes now. It might be finally time to start a new game and play through the whole game.
I'm still plodding through the game I started on 1.3 at the end of November and it was fairly playable in that state. I'm tempted to abandon that game and give a full playthrough on 1.5 a go.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Gave into temptation (of course I did!) and downloaded it again.

The default settings I last played the game on were saved, but hitting default changed a few things. RT on Ultra with Auto DLSS is the new recommendation I got. It was previously RT on Medium and DLSS Quality. Strange it's changed, but I'll give it a go!
1.5 is still defaulting to RT Ultra and Auto DLSS with my 5800X & 3080. It is that little bit smoother though!

Bhuna50

Author Level
Oooh - when I finish the games Im currently playing, I might revisit this now and even stick it in 1440p on my monitor just for the visual effects even if it slows my gameplay LOL :D - I'm not bothered about 144 FPS, just a good looking playable game so 50/60 FPS will do me :D

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I started this on a new play through today and it is looking really good. I’ve put a couple of hours into it. However my session did end today when it crashed so maybe everything hasn’t quite fully been fixed.
I've yet to have a crash, but I have read that doing certain combinations of side jobs and gigs in the "wrong" order can cause crashes as the game is expecting you to do them in a certain order

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
I've yet to have a crash, but I have read that doing certain combinations of side jobs and gigs in the "wrong" order can cause crashes as the game is expecting you to do them in a certain order
I don’t think I’ve even got on to any side missions yet. I think it’s a great game and this is probably the version they would have and should have put out first but they were pressured to launch asap instead of delaying.

RichardL

Ended up buying it lol. Have it on PS5 (PS4 version) which has recently received the PS5 update but got it for pc as I'll be able to test my new PCS build through it hopefully soon.

barlew

Godlike
I have decided to start a new game after putting it down just after release, and I am really, really enjoying the game. I am not just enjoying the story either, it feels much, much smoother and night city feels far more natural. The way the NPC's used to walk around and interact before, on the street used to feel really jarring. Its not perfect but it is much much better.

I am also currently being blown away by the voodoo that is AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution and Super Sharpening. To put that statement into context I am currently running the game at 1080p on my backup laptop which has a 1660TI and an I5 10300H. Using the optimised settings from Digital foundry gave me excellent frames and visual quality, as you would imagine. However turning AMD's upscaling tech on pushes the performance for that hardware through the roof. The game generally sits above 60FPS and usually in the 70-80 region.

The reason this blows me away (and I have said this before) is that I am not a fan of DLSS in CyberPunk, I find that it is incredibly grainy. The fact AMD developed this tech and then did not lock it behind their cards again just shows how consumer friendly and gamer orientated that company is.

Any way to be running this game on a fairly modest laptop with the performance and visual quality I currently have is frankly astonishing so hats of too the developers and AMD.

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The reason this blows me away (and I have said this before) is that I am not a fan of DLSS in CyberPunk, I find that it is incredibly grainy. The fact AMD developed this tech and then did not lock it behind their cards again just shows how consumer friendly and gamer orientated that company is.
I agree with you on DLSS. The default setting for me is Auto, so when I'm in V's apartment or somewhere where not much is happening, DLSS seems to be running on Quality or maybe even higher and is just gorgeous. In areas where there's a lot going on, it's noticeable that DLSS is much worse and grainy is definitely the word I'd use.

barlew

Godlike
I agree with you on DLSS. The default setting for me is Auto, so when I'm in V's apartment or somewhere where not much is happening, DLSS seems to be running on Quality or maybe even higher and is just gorgeous. In areas where there's a lot going on, it's noticeable that DLSS is much worse and grainy is definitely the word I'd use.
Yeh to be honest I haven't actually found a game yet where I would use DLSS. In CyberPunk I had it set to the highest quality and even then it feels grainy to me.

What impresses me about AMD's tech (apart from it is fully implemented through software) is I can't actually tell the difference when it's on.

I appreciate that it doesn't provide the same performance benefits as DLSS but in my experience, at least in CyberPunk, is it provides a much better trade off between quality and performance.

I hear DLSS is implemented extremely well in control but I haven't played that yet.

wukeReacts

Playing this on my new PC and its so stunning. I have a 3070ti and it runs 1440p between 60-90 FPS depending on how crowded the area, with ray tracing on and generally high settings. I really like to keep it above 60 as I feel I can tell when it drops below. It feels so immersive to just walk around in this world, and the conversations with the characters feel like a movie

unknown-103.png