Decent gaming mouse?

Gishank

Bright Spark
Hi.

Basically, seeming as my last spare mouse broke and this spare is on the way out too I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good gaming mouse? I've been looking in to the Saitek "Cyborg" R.A.T 9 as I used to have one of the predecessor plain 'Cyborg' mice. However the only place that seems to sell it is Amazon and the price is £90 - £100. Naturally if someone can recommend an equally (or better) awesome mouse for around the same price margin or less I'd be grateful :p

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
big question is what type of games do you play and what mouse shape do you prefer also are you a high dpi kinda person or would you prefer a selective dpi type?

Gishank

Bright Spark
The Cyborg RAT/Cyborg (original) is a good baseline of the sort of comfort design I prefer, aswell as the sort of needs I have (ala near full customisability depending on my needs at the time, aswell as macro buttons). I play a great variation of games, so that's why customisation is essential.

@Teaz;
Unfortunately none of those as far as I can tell offer my customisation needs.

Gishank

Bright Spark
The G400 looks interesting, although not fully customisable to my needs. Unfortunately though from what I've read on the internet the build quality is rather poor, do you have/have had the G400?

stegor

Bright Spark
No - I'm looking for one and was thinking of the G400 - where have you seen the bad reviews? What about the G500 then?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
as customization goes i have a older verbatim rapier v1, weight, dpi and it has macro buttons but with a mouse i would suggest going to a pc stockist and trying the feel of the mice as all hands prefer specific shapes.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Razer Mamba, or if your an MMORPG player ive been told the Naga is the one to go for. Mamba is awesome though :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
That Rat9 you have been looking at is a really good mouse i have it myself so worth the money if you can afford it IMHO ;)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Mamba. I have tried the naga but I am "cack handed" and find the buttons annoying (even though i use my right hand with the mouse...)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
if your looking at your mouse when playing games id say you die alot and if you dont look at your peripherals the rat is the most ergonomic mouse out there iven if it does look like i terminator`s face

Tracker

Enthusiast
If you're not overly attached to lots of side buttons, Deathadders are really nice, i'm on the second one for home use ( my first i've retired to using in my office after 4 years x33) it's durable, really comfortable fit, accurate, and has only two extra sidebuttons (which you can set as you like), they're cheaper, too, really nice all-round mouse provided again that you aren't looking for something with alot of extra buttons, and it doesn't feature customisable weights or such like other mice do.

SrgColman

Enthusiast
I'm looking for a new trackball as they are the obvious choice for gaming :p Can never find a good one though...

Gishank

Bright Spark
Been reconsidering the Logitech G9X (mainly because of it's price and the reviews on the interwebs are fairly high rating of it). However, curious if anyone has it? I'd like to know how big it is, because like the RAT it has a slightly unusual shape.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I'm still having serious trouble choosing mouse. I've read loads of people saying that the Razer Death Adder / Mamba is great for people with big hands, yet when I tried it in the shop, my ring finger rests uncomfortably on the little bend on right hand side by the front. I'd have to slide my hand back, and my palm off the mouse, to get my ring finger comfortably placed, which makes the grip itself uncomfortable.

Looked into the Cooler Master Storm Inferno mouse, but in a review it said if you have big hands, your palm won't touch the mouse.

I tried Steel Series World of warcraft mouse as well, it's very comfortable, but the buttons are too easy to press, if your finger gets near the side buttons they get clicked, I'd like a bit of resistance, blowing on them would click them, it's also probably a tiny bit too big, it'll be great for MMO's, but bad for shooters.

Also still concidering the RAT 7

Can't decide what to do.

Last edited: