Defiance II (6th Gen) Delays

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Can someone from PCS please shed some insight into what exactly is happening with the stock arrival of this chassis?

There seems to be a lot of contradicting information around the forum and via customer support.

Have the chassis actually been shipped by Clevo/supplier?

For those who have already been waiting over 7-8 weeks since ordering, is there any hope in receiving a laptop this month?

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
How have you been waiting 8 weeks since ordering? I thought the new defiance only went onto the website 2 weeks ago?

This forum isn't an official channel of support so best option would be to ring PCS

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Because I was able to order a Defiance I even though they were unable to fulfill, then had to pay extra for Defiance II.

As stated I get a different answer on the phone each time, and I am aware this is not an official support channel but as PCS staff do use this forum, it would be beneficial for many customers in the same boat as me if someone just posted a little detail of exactly happening with the supplier, and some realistic ETA dates. Because every time the ETA is published and then reached, the same thing happens - "sorry, delayed by yet another 1-2 weeks".

While I completely appreciate this isn't PCS's fault, all I am asking for is a little detail on what's happening, and realistic dates. Having that information available would probably save them a few phonecalls as well.

Last edited:

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Because I was able to order a Defiance I even though they were unable to fulfill, then had to pay extra for Defiance II.

As stated I get a different answer on the phone each time, and I am aware this is not an official channel but as PCS staff do use this forum, it would be beneficial for many customers in the same boat as me if someone just posted what's happening.

Ah right, I see now.

I believe the website was giving an ETA of the 12th, so yesterday, for them to come back in stock.

I just checked and looks like the 970M and 980M are both in stock now, but the chassis with the 965M isn't.

Which one did you order?

You are right about PCS staff do use this forum, but their information will be no more accurate than calling/emailing them. They can only tell you the estimated delivery date and unfortunately there's not much more they can do

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Ah right, I see now.

I believe the website was giving an ETA of the 12th, so yesterday, for them to come back in stock.

I just checked and looks like the 970M and 980M are both in stock now, but the chassis with the 965M isn't.

Which one did you order?

You are right about PCS staff do use this forum, but their information will be no more accurate than calling/emailing them. They can only tell you the estimated delivery date and unfortunately there's not much more they can do

I edited my post above after you quoted it.

I ordered the 980M so you can imagine my excitement yesterday after already waiting SEVEN weeks since my order, only to find out ETA pushed back to 20th. Then later found out it might even be the 28th. As I said whenever we get to the supposed ETA, it runs away another week or two.

I am in the same boat as you djsubtronic

I placed my order in early September with no warnings that the chassis was out of stock. Subsequently was contacted by PCS to say it was due back in stock on 28/09 and I was fine to wait. This was then put back to the 12/10 and again I was fine to wait but once again it has been put back (PCS told me an ETA of 28/10). This has got to be the most frustrating experience and I'm seriously considering cancelling my order - unfortunately for the price this is by far the best option available so it's a tough decision. I'm going to call PCS this afternoon to see what they can offer me and will let you know the result.

I'm also waiting for the Defiance II 980M model (Clevo P650RG) and they told me on the phone yesterday that they are expecting stock in the next few days.

On another note, I've noticed that Clevo just updated their product page to include the new chassis models:

http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=836&lang=en

Notice the video controller has a dGPU mode, which should mean that these models will be compatible with the Oculus Rift for whoever is interested. Win!

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
Ah right, I see now.

Which one did you order?

Where does it say on the website what the ETA is?

I notice for the Octane II, it says PRE-ORDER for the 6700K, but no ETA.

Stephen M

Author Level
If you scroll to the bottom and click "Proceed" the ETA will be on the pop up that appears with other info.

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
PCS have announced the Defiance II will be in before England advance past the first round of any world cup. [rollinglaugh]

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Based on my experience so far, I think England will win the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar before my order is shipped.

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
Forget the Defiance II (it's so 2015) and wait for the Defiance III, with 8K display, 128GB DDR5 ram, 16TB storage, and twin GTX990 GPUs. :D

ahad

Silver Level Poster
I've also been given an ETA of 28th for the chasis to just arrive. I don't mind waiting till then i just hope it arrives :/

And its still out of stock despite the configurator not informing you when you proceed.
Moving up from a 7670m so a big jump for me to the 980m :p

Played witcher 3 with graphics even below low at the time with lowest resolution possible...now i want to enjoy its glory all over again in 1080p Ultra :D
until fallout 4 comes out that is :p

Genesy

Ordered Defiance II 09/10/15. ETA this morning is 02/11/15. Looks like I'm one of ~20% unlucky ones (according to their statistics) who have to wait laptop for more than 3 weeks. However, after reading this forum it looks like almost everybody is expecting to wait at least 2-3 weeks at best so that statistics must be fake. Many people might think second time before ordering if they have to wait 1 month.

ahad

Silver Level Poster
Ordered Defiance II 09/10/15. ETA this morning is 02/11/15. Looks like I'm one of ~20% unlucky ones (according to their statistics) who have to wait laptop for more than 3 weeks. However, after reading this forum it looks like almost everybody is expecting to wait at least 2-3 weeks at best so that statistics must be fake. Many people might think second time before ordering if they have to wait 1 month.

It's not fake..Its just that the chassis have not even arrived for these new laptops yet which is why we are facing this delay. Once the Chassis do actually arrive they send them out promptly. The stats also include the laptop chassis that are already in stock as well and thus show those lead times. Not only for the defiance.

Can't really blame PCS for clevo not getting them sent out. They are a new Chassis. I just wish i had a better idea from the start of how long i'll have to wait.

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
You're lucky you have to wait only 3-4 weeks lol.

@Genesy, where did you get this ETA of 02/11? Is that for chassis arrival or your order completion?

+1 to the Defiance Frustration Society here.

This morning's regular PCS soul-crusher email has put my build date at 27/10.

Last edited:

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
At least you guys are getting email updates. I think my order is so old that the email updates weren't even implemented. And I still don't get them.

At least you guys are getting email updates. I think my order is so old that the email updates weren't even implemented. And I still don't get them.

I was originally getting email updates every couple of days. PCS must have realised how soul-crushing it was to constantly see the ETA moving further and further away and have since stopped!