Defiance II (6th Gen) Delays

Spikes

The Defiance II 970M with the 6820HK CPU is out of stock until 30th November.
Did they tell you that on the phone? If not, you need to call and be sure. Their online stock control does not get updated, I can assure you that.

Stock info from them yesterday and today:
15" Defiance II
970m/6700HQ - Stock in abundance
970m/6820HK - Stock is available
980m/6820HK - Unavailable

17" Defiance II
980m/6820HK - Stock is available

If you call and your chassis is not available, and you need it asap, check to see if the 17" version is available (that is of course, if you're ok with the screen size).
Quite cheap to upgrade the screen size than changing core components

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
Yes, the 17" 6820HK 970M Defiance II is out of stock until 30th November, apparently. That was from a phone call.

Anyway, I went for an 17" Octane II 970M instead.

JasWil11

The 29th of september guys! And I don't think it was express build, whatever that is...at least I didnt pay for anything like that.

Last edited:

jpyzio

Did they tell you that on the phone? If not, you need to call and be sure. Their online stock control does not get updated, I can assure you that.

Stock info from them yesterday and today:
15" Defiance II
970m/6700HQ - Stock in abundance
970m/6820HK - Stock is available
980m/6820HK - Unavailable

17" Defiance II
980m/6820HK - Stock is available

If you call and your chassis is not available, and you need it asap, check to see if the 17" version is available (that is of course, if you're ok with the screen size).
Quite cheap to upgrade the screen size than changing core components

Stock in abundance? How come I got an email today, that Clevo P650RE6 (6GB GTX-970M, i7-6700HQ) is out of stock until 28 Nov ?

Arkroyal

Laptop arrived and looks good, except.............

If I enable HyperV the laptop screen starts flickering randomly, disable HyperV and everything is fine again:confused:

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

Mr Matt

So I ordered a Defiance II 15" with a 980M the other day without knowing of these delays/stock issue. When I confirmed the order there was a message about maybe having to wait for the 980M and I could change it if I wanted to but I chose to keep the config and wait.

Does anyone have any idea how long I will have to wait for my laptop to be ready to be built? I did email PCS but I understand they are busy and can take a while to reply. I guess I wouuld get a faster reply by asking in this thread.

TIA

Spikes

So I ordered a Defiance II 15" with a 980M the other day without knowing of these delays/stock issue. When I confirmed the order there was a message about maybe having to wait for the 980M and I could change it if I wanted to but I chose to keep the config and wait.

Does anyone have any idea how long I will have to wait for my laptop to be ready to be built? I did email PCS but I understand they are busy and can take a while to reply. I guess I wouuld get a faster reply by asking in this thread.

TIA

Last ETA was 30th Nov - 10th Dec. You can check if the 17" is available. That's what I did.

My laptop was delivered this afternoon.

Thanks for your idea but I'd prefer a solution that allows the laptop to work correctly with a standard feature of Windows 10.
I have contacted Technical Support to see what they have to say.

I have used both and virtual box is much more useful and has more features, like actual full screen and not having to dedicate an internet access of your pc

Mr Matt

Mine is with the 970M and my current estimate is November 30th. Hopefully it won't be delayed. When did you order and what was the original estimate?

Not sure what the original estimate date was. I just got a personalised email from them and they said they are expecting stock of the chassis and 980M on 25th November so my build could start around then.

Mr Matt

I'm liking this. My build date has just been brought forward by 8 days to the 14th December so they must be clearing their backlog.