Delivery problem.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I ordered £50 worth of gear from Aerial shack 8 days ago & it hasn't arrived ,they said delivery would be 2 to 3 days.The only option to contact them seems to be by Email,to which I've had no reply.I was under the impression aerial shack was a reputable company,anyone had any dealings with them?.Also,any advice on what else I could do?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Aww beat me to it G...I just did that very same Google search and found that exact page :D

On the face of it they look fine, as there are some good reviews there, but the 0/5 one do paint a rather worrying picture :(

Best of luck Mr V. Did you use a CC like one of the reviewers? Maybe get the CC company on the case?

DED

Gorman

Author Level
looks like its a case of used to be good and now going south according to reviews, if you paid by paypal then its not all bad, just open a dispute with paypal and they should look into it for you.

edit: emptied my inbox

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Thanks guys,the number seems to be busy all the time,I'll try again later,if no joy I'll get onto paypal.
Thanks again,will let you know how I get on.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ya could get onto trading standards and consumer direct.

hope ya get it sorted mate.
Thanks tom,I have already opened a dispute with paypal,as suggested by Gorman & they are looking into it,but all suggestions are welcome.:)
I gave up trying to phone them & it seems obvious now after reading the reviews that I've made a big mistake.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Received this Email from paypal after opening a dispute about the payment.
"We have concluded our investigation into your Buyer Claim.
You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of 50.02 GBP.
Yours sincerely,
Protection Services Department"
I was pleasantly surprised as they indicated it could take 20 to 30 days to make a decision.
Thanks again for the help.:)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Ah, the unreported and under appreciated side effect of the recession...less people buying stuff means less queries for CS departments to deal with! :D

Good that you got it sorted quickly V, because those kinds of things can drag on, to the extend you wonder if its worth it for the money you'll get back :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It was faster than you would ever think,about 2 hours after raising the dispute,which I found very odd. I only check my Email every couple of days so I only seen it this morning.:)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
could be they have had a few so they are on a "just refund it" list, who knows.
I was thinking something like that myself.I received an Email from aerial shack exactly 20 minutes after paypal,
the only contact I got from them.

"Your order has been updated to the following status.

"New status: Cancelled By Customer

Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

Thing is I didn't cancel it.

anyway,a lesson learned.:)

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
I was thinking something like that myself.I received an Email from aerial shack exactly 20 minutes after paypal,
the only contact I got from them.

"Your order has been updated to the following status.

"New status: Cancelled By Customer

Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

Thing is I didn't cancel it.

anyway,a lesson learned.:)

Well with the amount of DO NOT ORDER reviews in that site posted earlier I would imagine Paypall just took one look at the company and said ugh here we go again. Refund. Pretty impressed with paypall. The had they're weetabix this am it would seem. What I dont understand is how places like that are still allowed to trade., They might just send one order out of 20 to keep within law or some utter rubbish. Anyway delighted for your positive outcome Vanthus.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Well with the amount of DO NOT ORDER reviews in that site posted earlier I would imagine Paypall just took one look at the company and said ugh here we go again. Refund. Pretty impressed with paypall. The had they're weetabix this am it would seem. What I dont understand is how places like that are still allowed to trade., They might just send one order out of 20 to keep within law or some utter rubbish. Anyway delighted for your positive outcome Vanthus.
Thanks Buzz,I'm positive I ordered from them before 2 or 3 years ago with no problems,so it never crossed my mind to check up on them,as Gorman said "looks like its a case of used to be good and now going south according to reviews".

Last edited: