desktop not powering up

riche606

hey guys, ive just installed a new liquid cooling system for my desktop but now for some my system wont start the lights on the front are on but when you try to switch it on nothing happens, any help would be great thanks

Last edited:

riche606

20120721_205552.jpg picture of the system, cooler i put in was the CoolIT ECO II 120

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
It might just be the angle but it looks as though the pipes are touching the top fan which if they are will cause you some problems when you get it running.

I have to ask did you ground yourself before touching the insides of the system ?

When vanthus asked you about the cables he means all the cables so any you disconnected while working on the system make sure you have reconnected them and also check all the cables are fully inserted incase anything has been knocked and not making proper contact, make sure you turn it off and ground yourself before doing this.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
I think the ECO II pump needs to be connected to the CPU fan header which is located at the top of the motherboard. It is currently connected to a chassis fan header. Not sure if this is the cause of your problems.

Corfate

Author Level
I think the ECO II pump needs to be connected to the CPU fan header which is located at the top of the motherboard. It is currently connected to a chassis fan header. Not sure if this is the cause of your problems.

Bingo! Was about to suggest the same thing, but he beat me too it :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
as well as the 120mm fan into the cpu_fan header, I think the pump has to go into the cpu_fan_opt port.

riche606

Thanks for the help guys, it now boots up but then after 10seconds it switches itself off, it loads up like normal but then just switches off, any advice??

tom_gr7

Life Serving
does the light stay on?

with the beeps you will have to look in the manual as different beeps diagnose different problems on your motherboard.

then call pcs.