Dhl.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
After two weeks waiting on my pc returning from repair I have missed the delivery,dont know how,I haven't been out,he must have knocked on the door & run away,seriously,I'm running out of antidepressants.

Meds

I'm going to try get someone to contact DHL for you and give them a good kick up the rear, we'll be in touch.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Well I got the pc delivered todayOn unpacking I noticed the front bezel was hanging off,on closer inspection one of the fixing pins was snapped off It,then I when I took out the inside packaging I noticed the gpu was different,It's not a 5870 as it should be,(going by the ports I think It's a 5830) & that's before I even set It up.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Please bear in mind that you received a brand new PC and everything was new from stock. I'll have to check the paper as I didn't get to work on this one myself but it shouldn't have changed.

Gorman

Author Level
Well I got the pc delivered todayOn unpacking I noticed the front bezel was hanging off,on closer inspection one of the fixing pins was snapped off It,then I when I took out the inside packaging I noticed the gpu was different,It's not a 5870 as it should be,(going by the ports I think It's a 5830) & that's before I even set It up.

Its an Asus 5870.

The best model of 5870 we had in stock at the time.

Device manager should be able to clarify.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Its an Asus 5870.

The best model of 5870 we had in stock at the time.

Device manager should be able to clarify.
If It Is It has totally changed in appearance,no sign of the copper cooling & only one DVI port instead of two,but you say It's a different model of 5870 so I'll hook up the machine & see how It goes.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Device manager just says hd 5800 series, as does belarc advisor & I can't find any on the net that has only one dvi port,so I'm guessing It's some kind of oem card,I dont know.The front bezel fitted on ok despite the broken pin.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have checked and our paper work points to a replacement HD5870 and I also checked the stock and the only ASUS ATI cards we have are the HD5870.

Have you checked AMD Catalyst Controler Center? The Graphics hardware tab will tell you what card it is.

IMG_1113.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
When I first seen the gpu I thought a simple mistake had been made but when gorman said It's a 5870 that was good enough for me,I was only saying that anything Ive tried just identified It as 5800 series,I was a bit miffed at only one dvi port because I was using the other one for the tv with cables I had run under the floor a while back ,but I can work around that.I would just like to stress I think you guys do a great job & have been a huge help, especially gorman, which has been very much appreciated.
PS.so far so good with the static issue.

Gorman

Author Level
The thread just started off the self doubt, the old...i didnt, did i?

I noticed the Asus was a different model to the original but my own bias let me think it would be fine, as i prefer the reference designs that they still use as apposed to extra heat pipes and other stuff makers put on over time.

If the DVI or lack of DVI does become an issue im sure it can be swapped out for a dual DVI of another make, i must admit that one did get by me unnoticed.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The thread just started off the self doubt, the old...i didnt, did i?

I noticed the Asus was a different model to the original but my own bias let me think it would be fine, as i prefer the reference designs that they still use as apposed to extra heat pipes and other stuff makers put on over time.

If the DVI or lack of DVI does become an issue im sure it can be swapped out for a dual DVI of another make, i must admit that one did get by me unnoticed.
Not a problem really,I'll connect the monitor to hdmi leaving the dvi for tv,anyway I think the card looks more solid mechanically with the bracket on the front.Thanks again.