Disc drive problem

Lemsip

Hi, I've been having a problem with my blu ray drive for about a month now. It doesn't read any discs be they cd DVD or blu ray. I've phoned up and they've sent out a replacement cable and now a replacement drive and it's still not working only now if j put in a disc it seems to just constantly try to read the disc and won't open the drive in windows if there's a disc in it. Also for some reason when I go into boot options in the bios there's a cdrom drive aswell as my blu ray drive.
Please help I miss watching DVDs / blu rays :(

Sleinous

Author Level
It could well be that youve had 2 dodgy drives :( I cant see this as being motherboard related or anything so unless its Windows itself being odd, which I sincerely doubt, id phone them up again and ask for a 3rd replacement drive.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hi, I've been having a problem with my blu ray drive for about a month now. It doesn't read any discs be they cd DVD or blu ray. I've phoned up and they've sent out a replacement cable and now a replacement drive and it's still not working only now if j put in a disc it seems to just constantly try to read the disc and won't open the drive in windows if there's a disc in it. Also for some reason when I go into boot options in the bios there's a cdrom drive aswell as my blu ray drive.
Please help I miss watching DVDs / blu rays :(
Have you tried reinstalling your bluray software or downloading firmware update for your drive?

Last edited:

Lemsip

The blu ray software shouldn't affect opening the windows disc should it cause I can't even open that. Even if I wanted to reinstall windows I couldn't cause it won't even boot with the disc in. I've tried looking for updated firmware for it but been unsuccessful. :(

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The blu ray software shouldn't affect opening the windows disc should it cause I can't even open that. Even if I wanted to reinstall windows I couldn't cause it won't even boot with the disc in. I've tried looking for updated firmware for it but been unsuccessful. :(
Nope it shouldn't,looks like another bad drive as sleinous said.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest you call our call centre again tomorrow. Its possible, but unlikely that you have two faulty drives.