Do you tip the pizza delivery guy? Yes, No, How much?

pez

^^ Kind of agree.

For me, it's about whether it's the beginning of the month, end of the month, and how much I've drunk :D

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
it's just i tipped the delivery guy earlier, and HIS ENTIRE FACE LIT UP, and then he was like thankyou... then he was telling me his life story how i was the only one in who's tipped him today... did make me feel good, but boy did he go on -.-

edit: next time ima jus buy a shotgun
"DROP THE PIZZA ON THE FLOOR, AND BACK THE **** UP"

Rakk

The Awesome
No, I dont, however I never order pizza, I can't eat them :(
The guy for the Indian takeaway gets a small tip, though that's normally cos I can't be bothered to wait for him to find the correct change :).

LFFPicard

Godlike
^^ Same, If i pay by cash I can't be bothered to wait for change my food is getting cold!
Most times I pay by card over the phone for the deals or via the website, so I just take the food and close the door :D

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
We have a local company and the chap always knows to knock on the garage door (we have a den in there, surround sound, TV, Xbox etc, great for smoking and drinking in on the weekend), we give him a quid usually just because he looks so bemused despite the fact he's been delivering to the garage for over 2 years!

BAD SANTA

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't, if I only have a £20 and the pizzas £10.50 I make him or her give me the change as they never do me any favours, personally I think the price of take aways is disgusting already without adding another quid to the total.
But if I had a tenna and it was £9.50 I would give him or her the change as they always spend ages faffing around and all I want to do is munch.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hahha, I tend not to tip, lol but that's not because am stingy, its because I pick up myself :)

If i want pizza, I go to asda create your own cost 4 quid for two, Chinese i drive up the road, If i want an indian I either make my own or collect myself. :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
this is why i always go to pizzahut
:p

But you are happy to buy components produced in 3rd world countries where wages are tiny and hours are long

Anyways, i usually tip them a little bit, most of the time it rounds up to around £14 for me so i just give him the £1 left from £15

Al.Neri

Super Star
I tip depending on the quality of service. if I order anything and it comes as close to the time I asked for it, and in the case of food piping hot and looking in good condition, I'll tip. I if it's £X.50, £X.75 or something like that, I'll usually round it up to the next whole £ and tell them to keep the change. if my food arrives late and is half cold, I'm not parting with a penny more than I have to.

same when I order a taxi, if it's on time, and if they follow are any set instructions, such as knocking instead of hitting the horn to avoid disrupting the neighbours, again I'll tip. if the driver arrives early/late and starts beeping the horn impatiently, he's not getting anything more than the indicated fare.

tips should be about acknowledgement for a good service well provided, not something people think they are entitled to no matter what.

I ordered a taxi a few weeks ago, came 15 minutes late, the privately owned cab was full of cigarette smoke and looked like the inside hadn't been hoovered for a year, when I gave him the exact change as I was getting out, he looked at me like I had an infectious disease.