Does this look balanced

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What I would do in your shoes is keep an eye on the options until it's built. It may be that one or more B660 motherboards comes into stock: they'd be more appropriate for the 12400F than the Z690 is. It would probably be a decent saving.

The cooler is a bit of an unknown quantity, but it will probably do a good job, especially as the 12400F isn't supposed to be a terribly hot chip. It would actually be really interesting to know how it performs...

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the tip about the motherboard, I will keep a eye out but it is already on day 12 so hoping it will go into Build soon. What are the best benchmarks to use when it arrives? Happy to stick them up on here.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the tip about the motherboard, I will keep a eye out but it is already on day 12 so hoping it will go into Build soon. What are the best benchmarks to use when it arrives? Happy to stick them up on here.

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
Well I did it again. Had to cover one of my weekend team in work on a 12 hour night shift. As it was unplanned I decided to that myself to the 3060 ti. Should be more than capable of powering my 1440p 75hz monitor now. It's the preorder LHR gpu but when I ordered it came up as in stock so hopefully won't delay build. Anyone got any experience with these? Do they ever wrongly think your mining and throttle performance?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well I did it again. Had to cover one of my weekend team in work on a 12 hour night shift. As it was unplanned I decided to that myself to the 3060 ti. Should be more than capable of powering my 1440p 75hz monitor now. It's the preorder LHR gpu but when I ordered it came up as in stock so hopefully won't delay build. Anyone got any experience with these? Do they ever wrongly think your mining and throttle performance?
LHR doesn't throttle performance at all, it's a hardware restricted Hash Rate limiter which has no relation to gaming performance.

The 3060ti is a great card and does well at 1440p.